Bites O' Fyre | A Collection of Pyro Shorts | WIP

54 minutes ago, Kablary said:

If it's a number of votes kinda thing, I'd like to formally submit my request of viewing of past work.

Seconded.

@Gin, if it's a matter of thinking your work isn't good enough, please direct your attention to this content I posted up.

It can't be that bad! :^Þ

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

1 hour ago, RobertaME said:

Seconded.

@Gin, if it's a matter of thinking your work isn't good enough, please direct your attention to this content I posted up.

It can't be that bad! :^Þ

It's not up to my standards. I don't think it's a dumper fire, but it's not what I deem acceptable. Perhaps in the future, or at its 10th year anniversary next year.

• Like 1

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

I really like your set - it's unique and can work well with the direction you want to go with.

The soundtrack is also really cool and excited to see it in action!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2023 at 9:32 AM, Gin said:

I really like your set - it's unique and can work well with the direction you want to go with.

The soundtrack is also really cool and excited to see it in action!

The soundtrack for Spook is going to be so rad, I hope it can be listened to on some capable speakers because DAMN... it hits pretty hard. 

On 8/21/2023 at 9:33 PM, jaronimo.mov said:

Wow, you are amazing with the choreo for having to start from scratch!! IMPECCABLE! I loved it! You are bringing back a piece of me that I thought I lost and I thank you!!! Soooo good I'm excited for the rest of this series!! It was super clean and crisp. Very impressed!!! 

Jaron, you're my #1 cheerleader 💖 Thank you so much! It brings me so much joy to see that you're finding that spark of inspiration again. May it materialize into some fun and exciting creativity for you!

--------

I think I finally nailed down the issue with the lasers not staying put to base aims, and I think @Bookworm91 had the right idea. If the pointer isn't near or directly on the base you're trying to aim, it will likely not take. I've spent a couple of hours each of the last few days getting some laserwork done for Bark. I was warned by @wolfpaw that this soundtrack was not going to be easy to build a show to, and he wasn't wrong. But I know that I want really muted, drab color palettes. Gone are the bright and punchy colors from Fun. 

Shot0013copy.jpg.87cb3112b15bdeb1de630c9bc233c634.jpg

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

Love how earthy everything feels, really excited to see some footage! I'm curious to see how different your lasers will be from Fun, I know you've been experimenting a lot with them so I'm veeeeeery curious to see how it will all unfold.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 8/23/2023 at 12:23 PM, wolfpaw said:

Love how earthy everything feels, really excited to see some footage! I'm curious to see how different your lasers will be from Fun, I know you've been experimenting a lot with them so I'm veeeeeery curious to see how it will all unfold.

I will say that @Gin and his Rebirth show's earthy finale heavily inspired this particular color palette. I wish there was a way to get deeper burgundy and brown tones in the lasers and pyro.

On 8/23/2023 at 5:03 PM, Sinjon said:

Woo woooo!!! Very excited to see more Kablary laser evolution! 

LOL I wouldn't say "evolution" but hopefully I teeter somewhere around "progression." Thanks Sino 🥰

------------------

Every night I spend about an hour retouching this same 15-second portion, changing this or adding that. Here's where tonight's progress landed (with an uncentered camera, no less):

It's brief, but it's nice to have a video diary of sorts to reference outside of the game. 

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

Ooh, this is giving me vibes from the ending to @jaronimo.mov's Grow! With the green lasers filling up the land showing grass and life. Looking good so far!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I'm so excited to see it after watching that small progress video.

Everything seems to look so well synced along with the really nice color combo.

Keep it up!

On 8/25/2023 at 8:42 AM, wolfpaw said:

Ooh, this is giving me vibes from the ending to @jaronimo.mov's Grow! With the green lasers filling up the land showing grass and life. Looking good so far!

On 8/25/2023 at 3:42 PM, Gin said:

I'm so excited to see it after watching that small progress video.

Everything seems to look so well synced along with the really nice color combo.

Keep it up!

Thank you very much, boys! 

19 hours ago, CrazHadder said:

Why is "Twig" dancing even when nothing is going on!?!?!?🤨😤  That's officially your center piece's name.  Love the green in this section.

I'm a wee bit cornfuzed here....where do you see Twig dancing? 😂

kQngDQ2.png

On 8/31/2023 at 1:06 PM, jaronimo.mov said:

OOOH YOU TEASE!! I love a good string. Exciting stuff!!

SPANKS, JARON!

Ok I know this show was supposed to have super drab and bland color palettes, but I inadvertently made some rather pretty swatches here and I'm a little mad about it...

Bark1copy.jpg.8d499a672a457d2134c048f9d4cd8e04.jpg

Bark3copy.jpg.5c5ef0d2a4958f66fc0824f57260f690.jpg

Still lots to do! Hoping to have this knocked out by late September so I can crank out Bite O' Spook in time for Halloween 👻

Edited by Kablary
  • Like 2

kQngDQ2.png

I know how much of a pain it must be to sync and choreograph those fast comets to that string section... I had to do that with fountains and lasers for at least 3 minutes in The Star Forger and I just wanted to throw my computer out of my window, haha - it looks great so far!

As for the colors, I think it's fine honestly, keep your colors a bit more muted and grounded like that and you can still pass them off as Earthy tones. If you ever wanted to go lighter, pastel colors would be the way to go in my opinion. Looking forward to more!!

On 9/7/2023 at 6:23 AM, wolfpaw said:

I know how much of a pain it must be to sync and choreograph those fast comets to that string section... I had to do that with fountains and lasers for at least 3 minutes in The Star Forger and I just wanted to throw my computer out of my window, haha - it looks great so far!

As for the colors, I think it's fine honestly, keep your colors a bit more muted and grounded like that and you can still pass them off as Earthy tones. If you ever wanted to go lighter, pastel colors would be the way to go in my opinion. Looking forward to more!!

Thanks for your input, Wolfie! I always appreciate you chiming in on my meager progress. As for those rapid-fire comets, I wish I had either spaced them out one extra mortar per shot, or toned their color WAY down because they all turned into just one giant blob towards the end. Oh well, live and learn I guess.

There isn't a whole lot of new progress after a few more hours in-game tonight, but I updated a couple of colors to be less vibrant and started to play with some FCR nonsense. 

I have a lot of work to do for the FCR-section and the last 10-15 seconds of the song hasn't even been touched. And I'll be honest: I have absolutely no game plan for how this looks when finished! I just wing it whenever I open up the game. I think that's why it takes FOREVER for me to work on these, even though they're less than 2 minutes long 😅

• Like 3

kQngDQ2.png

On 9/10/2023 at 12:49 AM, JB said:

Oooh! I like how the camera rotates to the overhead position to highlight the barges; that was unexpected and dramatic!

Thanks, JB! That's the section I attempted to focus on last night, and I thought I'd record that session's worth of work. 

Some things I noticed while reviewing the playback: Holy macaroni that pointer never stops fidgeting! It must be subconcious or something, but I cannot believe how wiggly it is. Also, this is pitiful progress for an hour spent in-game. No wonder these take forever....

kQngDQ2.png

Super excited to see how the final video will turn out, the camera movements with that crisp 60fps is looking really really nice. It's crazy what a difference it is after upgrading your compy!

Also, I applaud you for not only working for a straight hour in RCT3 doing lasers but going back and re-watching it 😆

21 hours ago, Bookworm91 said:

Haha, like I said before, I hate manually doing the laser movement.  The payoff is great but it takes so so long to do it 🫠

I wish I knew how to design custom scenery, specifically mortars. I feel like I'd save so much time by creating my own laser and pyro mortars that would already have these angles built-in, making base aiming rapid! Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut it would probably end up taking 4x as long 😅

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

Super excited to see how the final video will turn out, the camera movements with that crisp 60fps is looking really really nice. It's crazy what a difference it is after upgrading your compy!

Also, I applaud you for not only working for a straight hour in RCT3 doing lasers but going back and re-watching it 😆

Thank you so much Wolfie! 💓 I wasn't going to re-watch it, but while I was deleting those blue lasers I had used to align the base aims, I somehow unassigned one from the mortar (right at 14:07 in the video). I had never done that before, and I was kinda shocked. I spent some time trying to replicate it (you can see me spend the next minute investigating the happening), but figured I'd just re-watch the playback afterwards. Looks like I just right-clicked slightly above the firework in the MixMaster.... I've yet to go back in-game and try it again, though. 

kQngDQ2.png

*Insert googly eyes here*

This is coming along super well! I really like the choice of colors - they compliment each other so well.

Laser work is also really good so far! I appreciate the use of single effect shots and nicely synced sequences rather than filling the foreground with batteries.

Nicely done!

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/14/2023 at 11:56 AM, Gin said:

*Insert googly eyes here*

This is coming along super well! I really like the choice of colors - they compliment each other so well.

Laser work is also really good so far! I appreciate the use of single effect shots and nicely synced sequences rather than filling the foreground with batteries.

Nicely done!

I have been very happy with the colors after getting used to them, and I'm glad you think they're working well together! And my goal is to not have to rely on a battery effect EVER. I know there will come a time where I need to use them, but I'm trying my damndest not to!

On 9/14/2023 at 5:05 PM, Cody said:

Might need you to make some Luminous sets.....😉

Looking great! I am very excited to see how this turns out when it is finished.

Hit me up! I usually procrastinate for a solid 3 to 4 months so the sooner you get in touch, the safer for your project 😅

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png