Bites O' Fyre | A Collection of Pyro Shorts | WIP

On 7/13/2023 at 8:36 PM, Anon-P said:

Bro, you actually channeled your inner Kikos with those lasers. Good job 👍

That's an immense compliment, Anon! Thank you so much. I wouldn't dare say my work touches Kikos' skill, but it's something to aspire to 😊

On 7/14/2023 at 9:30 PM, ShadowDragons said:

I'm really looking forward to seeing more of this. Your laser work looks amazing! I love how you blend your colors together.

Thank you kindly! It's fair to say the more experimental color combos can be accidental. And sometimes I cheat by using an app on my phone to give me color palette ideas. I don't even realize how the colors start to blend into each other until I'm playing back a segment after an hour of work and I'm like "heck yeah" or "oh god no" 😅

6 hours ago, jaronimo.mov said:

DAYUM SON!! I'll have what he's having!!! lmaoo these lasers look FANTASTIC! It's such an honor to see you mess around with the MixMaster again!! 😱😱😱 I can't WAIT to see the progression of this. It's going to be EPIC! 💕💕

I stay pretty well hydrated on Dr. Pepper. And I'm flattered you find it such an honor, Jaron! I'm just farting around this time around until I feel ready to tackle a full-length show. But truthfully NONE OF US can wait until you announce your next project!! 

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

Looking cool so far! Those are some pretty powerful beats you have there so don't be afraid to really show that through your pyro, no holding back!! While lasers can do a very good job of showing fast-paced sequences, what really drives home that wow and impactful feeling will always be your pyro, so feel free to go nuts with it! Can't wait to this progress more, it's coming out seriously awesome for a first show back in years!

Also, the letterboxing is cool, I've thought about doing that before but never did.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 7/18/2023 at 8:07 AM, wolfpaw said:

Also, the letterboxing is cool, I've thought about doing that before but never did.

Ooh, what is letterboxing?

And nice Ryan! I'm loving the pyro so far, very on point! I can't wait to see the final result! 🤩🤩 I love the color scheme that you have going on so far as well! Very nice!

1 hour ago, jaronimo.mov said:

It's when you add the top and bottom black bars to give it a different aspect ratio so the viewer's focus is more on the center of the video rather than getting overwhelmed by everything that's on the screen. A lot of movies use this technique so it's considered very cinematic. I've seen it done on some pyro shows before and thought about trying it out but never did!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 7/18/2023 at 8:07 AM, wolfpaw said:

Looking cool so far! Those are some pretty powerful beats you have there so don't be afraid to really show that through your pyro, no holding back!! While lasers can do a very good job of showing fast-paced sequences, what really drives home that wow and impactful feeling will always be your pyro, so feel free to go nuts with it! Can't wait to this progress more, it's coming out seriously awesome for a first show back in years!

You were right about missing those bigger beats - I've gone back and redone a lot of the intro segment. Thank you so much for the encouragement 💖

2 hours ago, jaronimo.mov said:

And nice Ryan! I'm loving the pyro so far, very on point! I can't wait to see the final result! 🤩🤩 I love the color scheme that you have going on so far as well! Very nice!

In my video editor, I'm changing the aspect ratio closer to 2.35:1 as opposed to 16:9 by cropping out the top of the footage. When watching on YouTube proper, the black letterbars aren't even there, which is kinda neat. They only seem to show when the video is embedded. It's also nice because I don't like having a lot of empty sky visible, so I can just crop it out like that weird cousin in the family photo.

Appreciate your enthusiasm, Jaron! Thanks for keeping an eye on the progress 😊

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

3 hours ago, CrazHadder said:

I think the show will be more than capable even without fireworks.  The lasers are just that good!!  But I agree with @wolfpaw, if you're going to add pyro with the beats this song has, go crazy.  But, as you said you've already added more to it since you posted this last.

Truly, thank you so much for your kind words about the lasers! I have renewed faith in my craft there. And while I feel like I added quite a bit to the intro, playing it back makes me realize it still needs....

more-matrix.gif.7bc962a6fa817472f7dcb7a843c7d496.gif

And so more shall be added! My poor laptop gets so damn hot whenever I go to record....I ordered a cooling fan thingy so hopefully my lap stops frying (because I was never really concerned about the compy itself). 

Edited by Kablary
  • Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

Getting better! I know you're still not done with the pyro choreography but for the sections that look more filled I still think you need MOAR! This is a very VERY powerful short song with extremely intense, easily recognizable beats - fill her up with peonies and mines and ground bursts! I wanna see that set EXPLODE 🤩

Seriously though, amazing progress! This is such a fun short show so far and that music keeps getting stuck in my head - where is it from if I may ask?

I really like your set!

It's a fun soundtrack to choreograph.

Don't be afraid to go big with the lasers and pyro - the more lasers and pyro, the better. Especially in those bass beats.

It's looking really good though - keep it up! 👍

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

12 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

Getting better! I know you're still not done with the pyro choreography but for the sections that look more filled I still think you need MOAR! This is a very VERY powerful short song with extremely intense, easily recognizable beats - fill her up with peonies and mines and ground bursts! I wanna see that set EXPLODE 🤩

Seriously though, amazing progress! This is such a fun short show so far and that music keeps getting stuck in my head - where is it from if I may ask?

Peonies and mines and ground bursts, oh my! Ask and ye shall receive, boys. 

The music is from a trailer music studio called Gothic Storm. Some of their stuff is on YouTube and Spotify, but I'm trying to use their more niche material. This particular song is called "Fuss Frenzy & Fun" from the "Exciting Synthtopia" album 😅 Sounds corny as hell but these guys have a massive catalog of absolute BANGERS. 

3 hours ago, Gin said:

I really like your set!

It's a fun soundtrack to choreograph.

Don't be afraid to go big with the lasers and pyro - the more lasers and pyro, the better. Especially in those bass beats.

It's looking really good though - keep it up! 👍

Ya'll must be deprived after so many years of there not being shows produced and shared regularly 😂 Just wait til the 4th show in this mini series...it will certainly make up for what may be lacking in this one. Thank you so much, Sir Gin, for your kind words :) 

wen r u gonna drop ur old shows?

kQngDQ2.png

Now those are some sexy shots, the colors are pretty incredible too. This short show of your series is supposed to be fun, so I love how fun your color schemes are - especially in that last shot! Excited to see the full show!!

• Like 1

Oh, wow! 

I really like the color combinations in these pictures!

I really like the logo as well - it makes so much sense now with those photos. 

• Like 1

On 7/21/2023 at 11:42 PM, Anon-P said:

You actually cooked with this, can't wait to see the final form of the show!

Only thing I cook well is cereal...on a good day....assuming I don't burn the milk............ but I so appreciate the compliment!

On 7/22/2023 at 8:37 AM, wolfpaw said:

Now those are some sexy shots, the colors are pretty incredible too. This short show of your series is supposed to be fun, so I love how fun your color schemes are - especially in that last shot! Excited to see the full show!!

Gotta give my thirsty fans what they want, right? 😘 Thanks Wolfie! 

On 7/22/2023 at 9:26 AM, CrazHadder said:

🫣 🤐 😲 🥹

🤖🔥

On 7/22/2023 at 4:35 PM, Gin said:

Oh, wow! 

I really like the color combinations in these pictures!

I really like the logo as well - it makes so much sense now with those photos. 

I will admit to basing much of the color palette here on the logo. Thanks Gin!

On 7/22/2023 at 4:39 PM, jaronimo.mov said:

Oooooh, I LOVE the fire!! And I'm loving the choreo so far. I feel like I'm at some European club really late/early in the morning and I'm LOVING IT! Can't wait to see more!!! 

Fire LOVES you, Jaron!!! I must ask, have you been in a Euro club during the wee hours of the morning? I'm not judging...I'm actually quite jealous 😎

Rather than spend a couple hours working on the show today, I thought I'd try something interesting ~

MixMasterStretch.png.848f4ee341ec1234184b40b0bd1524ba.png

That's every effect in this MixMaster for the first 60 seconds. It's really not a ton of effects (compared to some of the other showbuilders round these parts), though I'm happy to say not a single battery effect has been used so far. 

Here's a much larger version of the image.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

kQngDQ2.png

1. How did you expand the mix-master like that.

2. I forget the struggle to find a spot to add more effects on the mix-master when that is what you have to deal with - not to mention scrolling up and down through that.