Bites O' Fyre | A Collection of Pyro Shorts | WIP

On 7/23/2023 at 5:33 PM, JB said:

Looks like a Jenga tower, about ready to collapse.😛  Kinda amazing actually.

On 7/23/2023 at 5:46 PM, Bookworm91 said:

Okay, I gotta know, how in the world did you get it to expand like that?  I dread to think what some of my shows look like in that format 🫠

22 hours ago, Gin said:

1. How did you expand the mix-master like that.

2. I forget the struggle to find a spot to add more effects on the mix-master when that is what you have to deal with - not to mention scrolling up and down through that.

Since the trick was already figured out over on Discord, I'll share it here! 

Untitled.jpg.631314611d8adf9e4f96aa5bdb9ceded.jpg

It was 60+ screenshots taken in game and then stitched together in Photoshop. @wolfpaw correctly guessed it privately, and then Mennoo_ called me out on an editing error visible in the picture.

SPOILER_image.png.32890d275d5ac1f8cda596dbda65f154.png

So it's not some secret, recently-discovered feature of the MixMaster. But it was fun to have some of you strung along, even if only for a little while 😝

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

kQngDQ2.png

On 7/25/2023 at 12:10 AM, Kablary said:

Since the trick was already figured out over on Discord, I'll share it here! 

Untitled.jpg.631314611d8adf9e4f96aa5bdb9ceded.jpg

It was 60+ screenshots taken in game and then stitched together in Photoshop. @wolfpaw correctly guessed it privately, and then Mennoo_ called me out on an editing error visible in the picture.

SPOILER_image.png.32890d275d5ac1f8cda596dbda65f154.png

So it's not some secret, recently-discovered feature of the MixMaster. But it was fun to have some of you strung along, even if only for a little while 😝

Now everyone is going to do it.  Including me.  LOL!

• Haha 2

Signature.png

Pyro for Bite O' Fun is almost complete! I should have the show finished by the end of next week for ya'll to peek!

But until then, here's a preview of the set for Bite O' Bark, the next show in this mini series.

"...a gritty, suspenseful, cellist-driven ballad..."

BarkBiteSet.png.9d8649d922bb311d74ab7b67cbbe44f9.png

Edited by Kablary

kQngDQ2.png

When you dedicate yourself to something, you really do put 100% into it. lol

IDK how I didn't see it. I guess I was too busy looking at all the effects on it.

Good one.

EDIT:

Hot damn! That se looks freaking incredible!

It's so different from what I usually see, which is a great thing.

I can't wait to see the show!

Edited by Gin

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

Oh exciting, the next one we are getting is a woodie! The set looks very interesting, you can probably do a lot of awesome things with that set and fire effects.

Also, I demand you build a burning man on top of that spire on the right and then burn it during your show, please.

• Haha 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 7/28/2023 at 9:54 AM, wolfpaw said:

Oh exciting, the next one we are getting is a woodie! The set looks very interesting, you can probably do a lot of awesome things with that set and fire effects.

Also, I demand you build a burning man on top of that spire on the right and then burn it during your show, please.

Wolfie wants a burning man, Wolfie gets a burning man.

On 7/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, Gin said:

When you dedicate yourself to something, you really do put 100% into it. lol

IDK how I didn't see it. I guess I was too busy looking at all the effects on it.

Good one.

EDIT:

Hot damn! That se looks freaking incredible!

It's so different from what I usually see, which is a great thing.

I can't wait to see the show!

Thank you so much for that compliment 🥹 I definitely dig in when I enjoy something creatively! This "woodie" set definitely embraces a bit of asymmetry, but I took the picture from an awkward angle on purpose to mask some of the shape...for now.... 

kQngDQ2.png

YA'LL READY TO HAVE SOME FUN?!

Bite O' Fun is complete!

Shot1.png.b36086baf8c1e44877db411abe03fa1f.png

Shot2.png.6be460bd734b33d4c39a8543782f3bda.png

Shot3.png.2966fd2ae204075b4667442baf9b0a4c.png

Below are two videos of the show. The first is what I would call the "Production Final" with some cinematic camera pans (save for some lag):

This next one is the show recorded from a fixed position. On my older laptop, achieving a 1080p 60fps recording means that even delicate camera movements can and will induce a great deal of unavoidable lag.

Massive thanks to @wolfpaw for his guidance through the production of this mini show! I had to basically learn everything from scratch again. And a great deal of appreciation to @Wilhelm1407 for cracking the secrets of 60 fps recording in the game!

Stay tuned for the next show in this mini-series, Bite O' Bark 

Edited by Kablary
  • Like 6

kQngDQ2.png

Ahhh such a cool little short show!! Super infectious - loved how colorful it was and that laser work is still the showstopper! Real shame about the lag during the camera movements, you need to upgrade your machine!

What a triumphant short show to return to pyro for you, just a flat-out colorful show that is just exactly what it is - a bite of fun. Nailed it right on the head with this one, super excited to see how you can transition that fun feeling into the other main elements of your other short shows such as bark and horror. Congrats on finishing your first show after all these years, even if it is just a tiny one - a big achievement! The only thing that I can say as an improvement is to really fill that sky with pyro, especially on the very big obvious beats. Your groundwork was stellar but man, that laser work is what really steals the show. And to think you didn't even play much with lasers before this!

Congrats on finishing this fun bite, super excited for your next ones!!

• Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Wow, Kab that was awesome!! For just now diving into lasers you look like a seasoned master! It's painfuly time consuming to do syncronized movement like that, I commend you for the work there!

You transitioned through color schemes very creatively through your lasers and the pyro blended in quite nicely. I loved how you utilized your set- the show feels like it has depth with layers that take multiple watches to really analyze and appreciate it all.

My favorite part was the transition into 0:38 and the rotation of lasers through the finish at 0:45. I thought it looked really interesting, almost hypnotizing.

Certainly was a lot of fun to watch! Looking forward to the next one!!

• Thanks 1

Previous alias "Sino"

Vimeo           Soundcloud          Spotify

On 8/2/2023 at 5:30 PM, wolfpaw said:

Ahhh such a cool little short show!! Super infectious - loved how colorful it was and that laser work is still the showstopper! Real shame about the lag during the camera movements, you need to upgrade your machine!

What a triumphant short show to return to pyro for you, just a flat-out colorful show that is just exactly what it is - a bite of fun. Nailed it right on the head with this one, super excited to see how you can transition that fun feeling into the other main elements of your other short shows such as bark and horror. Congrats on finishing your first show after all these years, even if it is just a tiny one - a big achievement! The only thing that I can say as an improvement is to really fill that sky with pyro, especially on the very big obvious beats. Your groundwork was stellar but man, that laser work is what really steals the show. And to think you didn't even play much with lasers before this!

Congrats on finishing this fun bite, super excited for your next ones!!

Brb while I mop up the puddle of tears sitting beneath me. Thank you so much for those kind words, Wolfie! 

21 hours ago, Sinjon said:

Wow, Kab that was awesome!! For just now diving into lasers you look like a seasoned master! It's painfuly time consuming to do syncronized movement like that, I commend you for the work there!

You transitioned through color schemes very creatively through your lasers and the pyro blended in quite nicely. I loved how you utilized your set- the show feels like it has depth with layers that take multiple watches to really analyze and appreciate it all.

My favorite part was the transition into 0:38 and the rotation of lasers through the finish at 0:45. I thought it looked really interesting, almost hypnotizing.

Certainly was a lot of fun to watch! Looking forward to the next one!!

I am absolutely anything but a master, but I'm so honored you think so! And yes, it is painfully time-consuming...I think the biggest difference now is that I have more patience than I did as a teen.

11 hours ago, Bookworm91 said:

What laser school did you attend?  Clearly I need new updated lessons, haha.  That was so much fun to watch!  The colors, the energy, the sparkles, everything looked awesome and really brought that set to life!

If I may impart any "wisdom" upon thee, it would be to not be afraid to try stuff! Aside from the time it takes to build an elaborate laser in the ALE (can't speak to the AFE, though), it really doesn't cost you anything to just try it out. A lot of the most neat-o sequences with the laser work sorta happened on accident. Same for the colors! I just tried things. There's quite a bit I cut out and redid because it just wasn't working. But then you learn and take that on to the next segment. 

Thank you all so much for the comments and encouragement! Feels silly to let this tiny shrimpy length of a show be my comeback, but truthfully I'm really happy with the final product. I've got some creative recording to finagle going forward so I don't get any of that stupid lag in the final videos....  The next show should be a radical departure from the fun and fruity nature of this one.

BarkFire.png.5dc1e0ab8b68699146ba5c8f4c816e66.png

• Like 2

kQngDQ2.png

This laser work is incredible!

There's only a few people that I know that can do that kind of work, so great job!

The colors were also really cool to look at with that beautiful set in the background.

Whether your next project is 1 minute, or 10, I'm really excited to see what else you create!

Thanks for sharing, and great job!

As fantastic as that was, and amazingly put together in a short time, I feel, had you (and i know why you probably couldn't), did a motion camera for the entire show, this show would have been over-the-top, beyond superb.  But, as I said for the short amount of time this was made, everything was put together so well, the lasers were by far my favorite part about this short.  Great job all around!!

Signature.png

On 8/5/2023 at 4:55 AM, Gin said:

This laser work is incredible!

There's only a few people that I know that can do that kind of work, so great job!

The colors were also really cool to look at with that beautiful set in the background.

Whether your next project is 1 minute, or 10, I'm really excited to see what else you create!

Thanks for sharing, and great job!

Oh man, thank you so much for the kind words, Gin! I, too, look forward to seeing what comes next 😝

On 8/5/2023 at 8:11 AM, wolfpaw said:

HE ADDED THE BURNING MAN!!! excite

Well duhhhhh

On 8/5/2023 at 11:02 AM, Anon-P said:

Looks fire 🔥

muy caliente senor

On 8/8/2023 at 6:10 PM, Cody said:

Ooooo fire.....might inspire some inferno barges to appear next. 

Heh, the fire was just for the picture. I don't anticipate using much fire, if any, this time around. or do i?????????

On 8/12/2023 at 5:11 PM, CrazHadder said:

As fantastic as that was, and amazingly put together in a short time, I feel, had you (and i know why you probably couldn't), did a motion camera for the entire show, this show would have been over-the-top, beyond superb.  But, as I said for the short amount of time this was made, everything was put together so well, the lasers were by far my favorite part about this short.  Great job all around!!

I am so surprised at the feedback of the lasers! Truthfully I'm thrilled, and it's a huge confidence boost when I went into this with ZERO worthwhile experience on that front 🤩 So thank you from the bottom of my heart! I've got a new compy coming at the end of the month, so I may go back and re-record this show with some SUPER EPIC CINEMATIC CAMERA PANS. The lag in the one video I posted breaks my heart, so that will be redone for sure. 

As for progress on Bite O' Bark, it's taking a wee back seat while I wait for said compy to arrive! I'm running into a weird glitch where my lasers, once base-aimed, don't stay put. It's absolutely maddening...see the video below. I've reinstalled twice and removed some potentially problematic CSOs, but it still persists. 

So I'll be enjoying a brief reprieve from showbuilding for the next few weeks, however I've got some awesome set ideas for Bite O' Spook that I'm itching to get started on!

Edited by Kablary

kQngDQ2.png

Figured I would play around with some set ideas for the Bite installment following Bark. I know this doesn't reveal much about the show, but Spook borrows its set concept heavily from Totoditoto's Nightmareas I'm going to attempt to do this one in-the-round. I'm not married to the terraforming-only vibe here, but I can't find the right CS to replicate what I had in mind. 

SpookSet.png.2507652f1a5a964a6dd6dbf98d318ebc.png

Here's a snippet of Spook's spooky soundtrack:

I should be back to progress on the other show in the next week or so!

Edited by Kablary

kQngDQ2.png

1 hour ago, Kablary said:

I'm not married to the terraforming-only vibe here, but I can't find the right CS to replicate what I had in mind.

I don't know about anyone else, but I like the setting. It goes well with the music and has just that right mix of authenticity and eeriness... natural and yet, unnatural.

Looking forward to the final product! :^)

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

I agree with Roberta, it very well could work! The set does give me some vibes from @Gin's last show Rebirth (I know he will kill me for even mentioning that show but it reminds me of it)

Will this be a 360 set? If not, you could get away with maybe connecting these terraforming pieces with some broken metal beams, might make it feel connected but definitely don't fully make it pretty or connected like a traditional set. This one should be a bit different given the theme! Add things that feel "out of place" to really drive home that "you are not supposed to be here and you know you are not supposed to be here" vibe.

Excited to see more though, it's not every day you get a horror show. Also, I can't wait to see what you do with that new compy 🙃

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, RobertaME said:

I don't know about anyone else, but I like the setting. It goes well with the music and has just that right mix of authenticity and eeriness... natural and yet, unnatural.

Looking forward to the final product! :^)

Thank you, my dear! Yes, eerie is exactly what I was going for here. Wolfie stated it well below, "you are not supposed to be here"...

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

I agree with Roberta, it very well could work! The set does give me some vibes from @Gin's last show Rebirth (I know he will kill me for even mentioning that show but it reminds me of it)

Will this be a 360 set? If not, you could get away with maybe connecting these terraforming pieces with some broken metal beams, might make it feel connected but definitely don't fully make it pretty or connected like a traditional set. This one should be a bit different given the theme! Add things that feel "out of place" to really drive home that "you are not supposed to be here and you know you are not supposed to be here" vibe.

Excited to see more though, it's not every day you get a horror show. Also, I can't wait to see what you do with that new compy 🙃

I really want it to be a 360 set, but that's not to say some connectivity amongst the pieces wouldn't work. Thanks for your input Wolfie, it's always appreciated! And also, I would very much like to see this show-who-shall-not-be-named....

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

59 minutes ago, Kablary said:

And also, I would very much like to see this show-who-shall-not-be-named....

@Gin SHARE YOUR PAST WORK ON HERE ALREADY!

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

@Gin SHARE YOUR PAST WORK ON HERE ALREADY!

After careful consideration of your request, I must have to regretfully inform you that your request has been categorically denied.

Any work published will be of current or future work. I do however appreciate your interest. If still interested in the future, your request may be considered further.

• Sad 2