Bites O' Fyre | A Collection of Pyro Shorts | WIP

I think I found a decent compromise - it's roughly 8 independent bodies of water aside from the river. I think deleting a bunch of mortars that were hiding under the water's surface (no longer needed now) helped a bit with allowing the game to remain stable.

yRrjwUO.jpg

I have no idea how this will hold up under show-building conditions, but I hope she doesn't crash! Went in and added some more trees and mossy rocks to the bits of now-empty terrain. 

• Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

Didn't know about that options.txt cheat either! You learn something new every day about this game, haha

Looks like you already found a compromise but another idea I had is maybe there are reflective CS walls or floors out there somewhere that you can put over the small empty ponds you have in the ground. This will make it look like they are reflective water while not being water so the game runs better. I'm not sure if that specific CS pack exists, I will leave that up to the more expert CS pack finders.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 2/5/2024 at 12:18 PM, Bookworm91 said:

I would say during show building, turn off the reflections.  Then when you want to do a test run, turn them back on.  No need to crash the game every time you do something haha.

I would say that I have a very capable machine running the game now, but holy moly I haven't seen something lag the game as much as these multiple reflecting water surfaces combined with the particle-heavy fountains. I'm getting like 2 FPS with only a few effects going off and the reflections on! All this to say that, YES, keeping the reflecitons off while working on the show is an absolute necessity. 

--------------------

I'm not super crazy about the fog here...either too much used or needs to go away all together. Thoughts?

xgXMTH2.png

• Like 1
  • Love 2

kQngDQ2.png

On 2/7/2024 at 3:28 PM, Bookworm91 said:

I would take out the fog.  I think the lasers accomplish the effect you are going for well enough. That fog isn’t really meant for that angle of viewing either. It’s meant for close up and ground level.

That was the right call. Thanks, Bookworm!

On 2/11/2024 at 11:01 PM, Wilhelm1407 said:

Not only is the pyro show amazing, but that terraforming is amazing too!  🤩

I really can't take any credit for the terraforming! It's a park file I downloaded 🤓 All I did was make some edits to accommodate alternative bodies of water.

❤️‍🔥  Happy Valentine's Day - here's some progress!  ❤️‍🔥

• Like 2
  • Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

• 2 weeks later...

😱😱😱 HOLY GOOD GUACAMOLE! I am in LOVE with the progress and what I have seen so far! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lasers, and the fire, the water... it all blends so seamlessly together and really puts this show in top tier! I think my favorite so far is the topography and landscaping that has been done. The usage of that river and the breaks between land and water are perfectly done! It's been so great seeing the progressions of different scenes from all of the shows that have been done so far. I really love! Impressed my friend!! 

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/24/2024 at 10:13 PM, jaronimo.mov said:

😱😱😱 HOLY GOOD GUACAMOLE! I am in LOVE with the progress and what I have seen so far! I LOVE LOVE LOVE the lasers, and the fire, the water... it all blends so seamlessly together and really puts this show in top tier! I think my favorite so far is the topography and landscaping that has been done. The usage of that river and the breaks between land and water are perfectly done! It's been so great seeing the progressions of different scenes from all of the shows that have been done so far. I really love! Impressed my friend!! 

Jaron, your fountains were such a game changer for me. Thank you SO MUCH for letting me use them. They provided that extra over-the-top "oomph" where I didn't want to use actual fireworks. Your kind words keep me motivated 🥰

kQngDQ2.png

This beast is finally unleashed.......

wQF36EG.jpg

What a learning experience buliding this show was. From managing in-game memory to figuring out how to fill and then film an entire parkmap, this "bite" kicked my ass. After 100 hours, Bite O' Fang is officially done, recorded, and put to sleep. 

Below is a continuous "chopper cam" cut of the show, since there is no "golden angle" to film from.

Huge thanks to @Dumaan089 and @jaronimo.mov for their gorgeous fountains and endless inspiration. 

• Like 2
  • Love 3

kQngDQ2.png

58 minutes ago, Kablary said:

This beast is finally unleashed.......

wQF36EG.jpg

What a learning experience buliding this show was. From managing in-game memory to figuring out how to fill and then film an entire parkmap, this "bite" kicked my ass. After 100 hours, Bite O' Fang is officially done, recorded, and put to sleep. 

Below is a continuous "chopper cam" cut of the show, since there is no "golden angle" to film from.

Huge thanks to @Dumaan089 and @jaronimo.mov for their gorgeous fountains and endless inspiration. 

a resoundingly MAGNIFICENT AND IMPRESSIVE show

The combination with lasers and my water effects and Jaron's turned out FABULOUS

I love the part at minute 1:21 and 1:29 where the jets are higher and white UFF!!

I prefer the "Helicopter" version more since I can see all the effects

I'm glad you used my effects, I never thought about making effects with AFE, nor did I find an RCT3 community that likes to make MixMaster shows
and create effects packs, that people use and enjoy them :,)

Leaving aside the sentimental, very good show (like all your other shows hehe)

• Thanks 1

Damn, this show is absolutely LOADED from start to finish! Probably the craziest show you've ever made to date, I'm sure the next show you made would be more STELLAR than this!

• Thanks 1

pca24.png.bd77bcb72829f1a9079e1de5f6b91057.png

"You have this one life. Choose well." ~Aurora

Just WOW! Constantly changing, no repetition. I liked the pause at 1:10, followed by the short 'sizzle'. And I'll echo what Dumaan said: Those tall white fountains looked fantastic! I liked both views. Each one showed us their own views. And the drumming soundtrack was hypnotic. Thanks, Kablary.

• Thanks 1

Where to begin with this one…

First off, congrats on finishing another stellar Bite! It has been so much fun watching the progression of you getting back into show making.  Also seeing such inventive ways of using lasers always amazes me.  The show is definitely a feast for the eyes in color and depth.  I really loved watching how the outer ponds played with the show in the river.  Your use of fire effects are also really cool to watch!  One thing (and honestly it’s just because I’m Mr Over-Synchronize) I would say was missing are during some of those rapid fire drums, there isn’t enough chaos going on.  But I also know your vision was to let the fountains and lasers be the star of the show, not the pyro.  I loved watching the show from both of your videos.  The helicopter one was great for seeing the entire set play together and the other was great just to feel like you are part of the show.  I’m so happy you didn’t give up on this when the file size was giving you issues.  My theory is the multiple levels of reflective water, haha.  Nevertheless, you did it! You prevailed!  Now on to the next one 😜

• Thanks 1

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!

What an awesome unique show. So many new creative ideas packed into this show it's truly inspiring. I've found myself going back and trying to analyze some of those incredible fountain/laser/frw combos. 

The scale of this show is just ridiculous. I commend you for your patience in the creation of this show, you are a mad lad.

• Thanks 1

Previous alias "Sino"

Vimeo           Soundcloud          Spotify

What I want you to do the second you read this comment is to pull up Bite O' Fun and compare it to this one. It's awesome to see such an insane level of improvement in choreography and laserwork - ESPECIALLY laserwork. I know this was your original intention with these smaller Bites, to get back into RCT3 and relearn how to use the mixmaster and choreograph but sir I don't think you need the practice anymore 😆

Very cool show to look at, the number of effects, the fact that something is always happening, the choreography, the different camera angles - everything matched the vibe of the soundtrack perfectly. Also, insane replayability, whenever I watch the show I find a little corner of the set where I'm like "Oh that's cool".

Congrats on completing and sending out another successful bite! This definitely had a bite to it (no pun intended). Excited to see what you do next!

• Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 3/7/2024 at 6:22 PM, Dumaan089 said:

a resoundingly MAGNIFICENT AND IMPRESSIVE show

The combination with lasers and my water effects and Jaron's turned out FABULOUS

I love the part at minute 1:21 and 1:29 where the jets are higher and white UFF!!

I prefer the "Helicopter" version more since I can see all the effects

I'm glad you used my effects, I never thought about making effects with AFE, nor did I find an RCT3 community that likes to make MixMaster shows
and create effects packs, that people use and enjoy them :,)

Leaving aside the sentimental, very good show (like all your other shows hehe)

Dumaan, truly THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart. Seeing your fountains were the inspiration for how I wanted to approach choreographing this show. This community is extemely lucky to have you as a creator! I eagerly anticipate your next endeavor!

On 3/7/2024 at 8:22 PM, Anon-P said:

Damn, this show is absolutely LOADED from start to finish! Probably the craziest show you've ever made to date, I'm sure the next show you made would be more STELLAR than this!

I'd have to agree, this was the absolute craziest concept I've ever attempted. I don't know if what follows will live up to it 😅 Thanks, Anon! 

On 3/7/2024 at 8:37 PM, JB said:

Just WOW! Constantly changing, no repetition. I liked the pause at 1:10, followed by the short 'sizzle'. And I'll echo what Dumaan said: Those tall white fountains looked fantastic! I liked both views. Each one showed us their own views. And the drumming soundtrack was hypnotic. Thanks, Kablary.

Thank you, JB! While I might be disgusted with this particular soundtrack for a couple of weeks hereafter, I'm sure I'll be bopping along to it in the car next month. 

On 3/8/2024 at 1:50 AM, Bookworm91 said:

Where to begin with this one…

First off, congrats on finishing another stellar Bite! It has been so much fun watching the progression of you getting back into show making.  Also seeing such inventive ways of using lasers always amazes me.  The show is definitely a feast for the eyes in color and depth.  I really loved watching how the outer ponds played with the show in the river.  Your use of fire effects are also really cool to watch!  One thing (and honestly it’s just because I’m Mr Over-Synchronize) I would say was missing are during some of those rapid fire drums, there isn’t enough chaos going on.  But I also know your vision was to let the fountains and lasers be the star of the show, not the pyro.  I loved watching the show from both of your videos.  The helicopter one was great for seeing the entire set play together and the other was great just to feel like you are part of the show.  I’m so happy you didn’t give up on this when the file size was giving you issues.  My theory is the multiple levels of reflective water, haha.  Nevertheless, you did it! You prevailed!  Now on to the next one 😜

Thank you so much for the accolades, Bookworm! I'd like to say my intention was always to go back and plus up those chaotic sections with some additional pyro, but frankly I think I was just too fatigued from trying to finish off the finale to circle back. And yes, your theory is absolutely correct - those multi-storied reflecting pools DESTROYED the playability. I'm not sure if the reflections are effectively duplicating the number of particles present on screen, but I was literally recording at 1% game speed (which amounts to about 1 frame per 3 seconds) just to get clean footage. 

23 hours ago, Sinjon said:

Sheeeeeeeeesh!!!!

What an awesome unique show. So many new creative ideas packed into this show it's truly inspiring. I've found myself going back and trying to analyze some of those incredible fountain/laser/frw combos. 

The scale of this show is just ridiculous. I commend you for your patience in the creation of this show, you are a mad lad.

Thanks a million, Sino! Thankfully, I haven't gone mad...yet.... we'll see when it comes time to work on Octane. 

11 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

What I want you to do the second you read this comment is to pull up Bite O' Fun and compare it to this one. It's awesome to see such an insane level of improvement in choreography and laserwork - ESPECIALLY laserwork. I know this was your original intention with these smaller Bites, to get back into RCT3 and relearn how to use the mixmaster and choreograph but sir I don't think you need the practice anymore 😆

Very cool show to look at, the number of effects, the fact that something is always happening, the choreography, the different camera angles - everything matched the vibe of the soundtrack perfectly. Also, insane replayability, whenever I watch the show I find a little corner of the set where I'm like "Oh that's cool".

Congrats on completing and sending out another successful bite! This definitely had a bite to it (no pun intended). Excited to see what you do next!

No I can't even watch Fun anymore without cringing 😆 Thanks for the kind words, Wolfie! I'm stoked to hear from several people about the replayability! That wasn't my intention going in, but it's awesome to know that it is worth watch more than once. 

Here's the infamous MegaMixMaster image for ya'll to peep. It took 388 screenshots to make 💀

QGnVYoF.jpg

• Love 1
  • Wow 2

kQngDQ2.png

26 minutes ago, Kablary said:

Here's the infamous MegaMixMaster image for ya'll to peep. It took 388 screenshots to make 💀

QGnVYoF.jpg

IT'S A WHOLE DAMN TOWER (internal screaming)

• Wow 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Anon-P said:

IT'S A WHOLE DAMN TOWER (internal screaming)

39 minutes ago, JB said:

Kablary should get a Special Achievement award just for piecing together that MegaMixMaster image! 

30 minutes ago, Wilhelm1407 said:

I would have so much anxiety trying to make something like that 😮

Thank you all! 😀 Last image I'll share for the night - the last three shows' worth of MixMasters side-by-side. The first is so shrimpy by comparison!! Granted, if I could have fit the top 1/3 of effects in after everything that preceeded it towards the end of the show, I would have. Scrolling through that monstrosity was endless.

tFe5Lxm.jpg

Edited by Kablary
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

WOW. UMM. !!! 🤯🤯🤯

I am in absolute LOVE with this project!!!! I have watched it both with and without sound and my god, this thing is a masterpiece. The color combos, the effects in sync and harmony with the music is astounding!! I think the lasers are astounding--the way they blend in with the fountains and fireworks is true art!! 

ALSO SIR, you are BLOWING MY MIND when you do those pictures of the MixMaster Display. It really is amazing to see them laid out on this grid plane. It really shows how MUCH and BIG this project really is, how many effects are firing off at the same time. It truly, really is impressive!! 

On 3/10/2024 at 12:10 PM, Bookworm91 said:

Your mixmasters are so organized 😂  I don’t even want to know what mine look like by the time I’m done.  I just find blank space and put effects that will fit in it, haha

Same thing. I just use every nook and cranny I could find to put all my effects 🤣