My Past RCT3 Projects From ShyGuy's World - Wilhelm1407

On 11/28/2023 at 4:21 PM, jaronimo.mov said:

I tink I love the wooden ones the most!! They are so well done and thought out, but to be honest it's so hard to choose a favorite because they are ALL so great! 

Thank you! The wooden ones have actually become my favorites to make 🙂

On 12/4/2023 at 10:42 PM, wolfpaw said:

Vortex looks insanely cool, love how well it's nestled in the landscape... hard to believe this is all still in RCT3!

I chose to have the deep tunnels into the hills because there's no half-loop left or right pieces. So I had to use S curves between half loops and it looked really ugly so I just covered them in darkness. 😅 

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Love 1

• 2 months later...

PHANTOM | B&M Floorless Dive Machine 

This is probably by far one of my favorite creations. I wanted to create a spooky themed coaster, and ended up with a Phantom theme.

It has an unusual layout, as it starts with a plunge out of the station, and through a tunnel that leads to the lift hill.

I didn't want a run of the mill flat curve into the holding brake at the top... So instead, at the top of the lift hill there's a pre-drop and turn around that gives riders a panoramic view. Then it turns the riders upside-down through a barrel roll, before coming to a stop at the top of a 200ft drop into another underground tunnel. 

I created this coaster using Coasterfreak90's 10-across B&M Dive Machine CTR. For the catwalks, instead of using premade ones, I opted to make my own with multiple sets. I ended up using the following for my catwalks:

• Fisherman's E-Stop
  • Moby's Glasshouse and Frameworx
  • Gary roach prod-B&M Goodies
  • Shadow's Coaster Nets

KnHY0uE.png

Cymz4wY.png

lgiRwPv.png

7o3KvzO.jpeg

AINNncm.jpeg

zn5EdC4.jpeg

dyOCQZD.jpeg

xmS4Too.jpeg

2OPZeXN.jpeg

vrzT8AH.jpeg

u6knLTV.png

ASmDxqk.jpeg

gAG2WAl.jpeg

4z8TNZS.jpeg

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Ok, there is SO MUCH to love about this coaster!! The multiple suspense-laden drops, the eerie fog-infested tunnels, the AMAZING foliage surrounding the track, that dilapidated station. You already know I am a fiend for all things spooky, and this ticks all those boxes. Great work on this one - even the not-so-spooky touches like the "cage" you built out of smaller beams just before the return to the station and all of your bespoke catwalks are works of art. 

• Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

38 minutes ago, Kablary said:

Ok, there is SO MUCH to love about this coaster!! The multiple suspense-laden drops, the eerie fog-infested tunnels, the AMAZING foliage surrounding the track, that dilapidated station. You already know I am a fiend for all things spooky, and this ticks all those boxes. Great work on this one - even the not-so-spooky touches like the "cage" you built out of smaller beams just before the return to the station and all of your bespoke catwalks are works of art. 

Thank you! The cage thing I based off a thing that's on Griffon, at Busch Gardens Williamsburg.  I'm not sure what the function is exactly, but I copied it cause it looked cool lol 

griffon cage thing 700.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I am still constantly amazed at your RCT3 coaster videos and pics. RCT3 definitely looks dated but somehow your projects always look so pretty and realistic... like that drop photo you have and that last screenshot - SO HOT.

• Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 3/9/2024 at 9:09 AM, wolfpaw said:

I am still constantly amazed at your RCT3 coaster videos and pics. RCT3 definitely looks dated but somehow your projects always look so pretty and realistic... like that drop photo you have and that last screenshot - SO HOT.

Thank you so much! I try really hard to get that realistic look. I know RCT3 is very dated and if it weren't for all the wonderful content creators I probably would have moved on to Planet Coaster, but there's so many good mods for RCT3 it's kind of makes the game feel like an upgraded version lol and I have far too many ideas I still want to make in RCT3.

• Love 1
  • Care 1

Posted (edited)

Leviathan | Arrow Looping Coaster

Inspired by the defunct Drachen Fire, Leviathan is features similar inversions, with an altered layout. Right now there are no Drachen Fire CTRs unfortunately, so I used these old Python trains instead. I got the supports as close to Drachen Fire's as I could, given the limitations in RCT3.

cxxMCmC.jpeg

C6AChnh.jpeg

toTb3Qy.jpeg

Ci3HoJW.jpeg

A2KgveC.jpeg

fvUgZw3.png

qihSZZH.png

Tx2zPpz.png

zIK0Ryr.png

KpxOmk8.png

p8xQovw.png

71Wg1Ur.png

yKdslOJ.png

Gx5BMp4.png

gFU7DTm.png

tFeMe67.png

F4OTIi6.jpeg

07Rk1uQ.jpeg

xJGG7mw.jpeg

9AlGLlu.png

SleXnWM.png

cQCYTwt.png

WVcimH9.png

k1iFXHW.png

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 1

Those corkscrew shots look awesome! POV was fun to watch too, another winner M'LORD.

• Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Well done, sir!

I really like how you make the coaster interactive w/ the pathway in that last photo.

It reminds me of a coaster local to me that had the corkscrew right above the queue line.

• Love 1

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Wilderness Run | RMC Hybrid Coaster

This coaster is the first RMC hybrid coaster that I attempted in RCT3. I used Brandon & Cristian's Log Mine CTR on Extended Track. 

Nowadays I would have used Samplerocker's Track 11 Edits, and for the supports I would use Big Burger's Timber 2.0 and CSF's Steel I Beam Set for supports...

However I used Big Burger's Timber 2.0 and Moby's Steel Jungle v1 for the supports on this creation.

lNuJxZA.jpeg

RwnDVKn.jpeg

LgUG3uU.jpeg

Us0wdxr.png

SPnMYba.png

IYgSXhR.png

dujYrEh.jpeg

HDWjU46.png

efYYENr.png

UHVwoWY.png

6GNmH4N.png

jk0xn35.jpeg

W48wVRf.jpeg

PEa5i5l.jpeg

zhSNeYy.png

UpHjgII.png

hfoxRN2.jpeg

hnVllhi.png

W9oavcz.png

JOjzJhe.png

ZFl26xA.png

p3rZ0iT.png

4Bactco.jpeg

qYMqGs6.jpeg

GIfushn.jpeg

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

AMALGAM | Wooden Hybrid Concept

This wooden hybrid coaster concept is different than any of the other hybrids I've made. The track, is comprised of a steel spine, and steel cross-ties, with wooden rails. Due to the base of the track being steel, the supports are designed more closely to a typical steel coaster. The layout includes a lot of air time, as well as a vertical loop, and an underground tunnel.

For the first draft of the concept I had used Maylene's Millennium Flyer's. However I decided on using Parallax's Timberline CTR to create the final version of this project, and for the supports I used a mix of Moby's Steel Jungle V1 & V2, as well as Moby's Glasshouse and Frameworkx.

rYGQUS2.jpeg

NO7ZzSt.jpeg

EbCqxLI.jpeg

7Xwvng0.jpeg

B2z9AMl.jpeg

Pk24MWn.jpeg

nsoJyZw.jpeg

rZDnZ8d.png

108HRAI.jpeg

QLBiHOW.jpeg

zcYfWGI.jpeg

V6l5yDg.jpeg

8AAAHnI.jpeg

LJ5kVpU.jpeg

4F65kgI.jpeg

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 1

Holy tubular steel, Batman! 🤣

First of all, what a fantastic concept for a coaster. But like...is there anything like this in the world that isn't made by RMC? Secondly, I don't even want to think about how HEAVY and EXPEN$IVE this coaster is. The support structure carries your signature inventive and creative flair, and the interaction with the surrounding theming and attractions is stellar! Crazy to think you made this 9 years ago!!?!

• Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

On 4/4/2024 at 10:57 PM, Kablary said:

Holy tubular steel, Batman! 🤣

First of all, what a fantastic concept for a coaster. But like...is there anything like this in the world that isn't made by RMC? Secondly, I don't even want to think about how HEAVY and EXPEN$IVE this coaster is. The support structure carries your signature inventive and creative flair, and the interaction with the surrounding theming and attractions is stellar! Crazy to think you made this 9 years ago!!?!

Yeah I'm not even sure if it would be a successful concept if it was really done.

GCI has steel spine track for their infinity flyer inversions, but those also have steel rails. Having wooden rails on something like this would probably be a technical nightmare.

And I also can't believe I made this 9 years ago cause i remember working on it very vividly lol

Maybe one day I'll attempt something similar in Planet Coaster.

Posted (edited)

The Rake | Gravity Group Timberliner Coaster

I'm re-posting this project within the thread, as for some reason I put two projects in one post. But I hadn't thought of the table of contents yet... so here we are! Now it can have it's own hyperlink!

The Rake is a creature I learned of through Creepypasta. I genuinely find it really creepy and I felt it would be a good theme for a wooden terrain coaster. I'd like to do a remaster of this project in 4K and extend the pre-lift tunnel eventually. 

If you want to read the creepypasta story here's the link to the page on The Rake

UNEX69b.png

Ri0I3Kr.png

stiBJMY.png

yPwa1ZS.png

xu26xTd.png

Offg2FZ.png

dZNtwS2.png

r3FD3ut.png

9sfOYYV.png

DBk45Ws.png

xSD5LIK.png

fxVlTKs.png

MVOmkpV.png

sKqcK5V.png

HedepVW.png

fGEhuTx.png

JM930Io.png

DNnDkDe.png

G66yzoI.png

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

DELIRIUM | S&S Multidimensional Coaster

Delirium is the first and only S&S 4D coaster I've created. I used TycoonCoaster's Multidimensional Coaster CTR to create this coaster. I decided to use extended track in order to create new inversions that would be unique to multidimensional coasters. The supports are made with Moby's Steel Jungle V1 & V2.

vib17ZS.jpeg

aGTOprT.jpeg

wKkza27.jpeg

20OOZyW.jpeg

sPDolaQ.jpeg

eRbCEq1.jpeg

UvXh9tP.jpeg

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 1

WOW, that's a LOT of inversions when you consider how many times the seats rotate during the length of the coaster. 

The only 4D coaster I've ever been on was X (and then again post-refurb as X2) at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I was much taller when I rode it as X2 - I remember my legs being thrashed around quite a bit that time and HURTING when I disembarked. 😆

• Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

48 minutes ago, Kablary said:

WOW, that's a LOT of inversions when you consider how many times the seats rotate during the length of the coaster. 

The only 4D coaster I've ever been on was X (and then again post-refurb as X2) at Six Flags Magic Mountain. I was much taller when I rode it as X2 - I remember my legs being thrashed around quite a bit that time and HURTING when I disembarked. 😆

I always wondered what it feels like to ride one of those. I've never had the chance to get out to Cali to ride X2. I think it's a shame it's such a rare coaster type, though I understand how expensive they are to build. Arrow had smaller designs that I wish S&S would consider making.
Also ironically I didn't realize one of the models they had designed was called Delirium before I created this design in RCT3. I got these out of an Arrow Dynamics Product Digital Brochure for their 4D Coasters.

QUANTUM
GThkLvx.jpeg

OCTOPHOBIA
QUbgBUm.jpeg

DELIRIUM
QKUnuvQ.jpeg

No doubt the coaster layout and scenery and everything is awesome as usual but probably my personal favorite of ALL of your coasters are your COLORS. They are always so vibrant and pleasing to see, love the variety of all of the colors in your past coaster projects, m'lord!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Canyon Blaster | Western Themed B&M Floorless

This is the first project I uploaded to my YouTube channel after the great copyright purge of the 2010's, and the deletion of my old account. After that for a few years I focused on making parks on ShyGuy's World and RCT Lounge forums. Eventually I decided to get back into making roller coaster videos. I wanted to make something really unique for my first new video.

Canyon Blaster is a western themed floorless coaster that is built into a man made canyon. I though what if Big Thunder Mountain was more for thrill seekers, and what is a B&M coaster type that would be cool to see with lots of theming? The coaster starts off inside a mine, then travels up to the top of the canyon, and sends riders through the first of eight inversions before dropping down the first drop. The coaster then dives and twists through the canyon, and the remaining seven inversions.

3xfpGIi.jpeg

4Cl6uNS.jpeg

8fhaP8A.jpeg

Me1j3lz.jpeg

YwWHfqX.jpeg

t0y9mI9.jpeg

3WGc4OY.jpeg

xD2vPTI.jpeg

d9Onsn0.jpeg

BUnANMv.jpeg

sliemD1.jpeg

WrLwPtF.jpeg

• Like 1

👍 Very enjoyable ride! The western theme really appeals to me here. I like how you opted to open up the lift hill tunnel near the top to boost the riders' excitement!

• Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your coasters are always just so GOOD! The corkscrew over the path walkway, winding through those canyons like that - IT'S ALWAYS JUST SO PERFECT!

• Love 1

17 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

Your coasters are always just so GOOD! The corkscrew over the path walkway, winding through those canyons like that - IT'S ALWAYS JUST SO PERFECT!

Thank you! I love inversions that interact with paths. 😁

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 1:40 PM, JB said:

👍 Very enjoyable ride! The western theme really appeals to me here. I like how you opted to open up the lift hill tunnel near the top to boost the riders' excitement!

Thank you! I don't know what made me think of the lift tunnel idea, but I'm glad I thought of it. I didn't know I still had these screenshots, but this is the original larger version that I scrapped. I just felt I liked the smaller layout better, and that it would fit into a theme park better. 

76j9Q0g.jpeg

kvP8G1t.jpeg

XyTwMi4.jpeg

gUfxWeM.jpeg

0LrEgUL.jpeg

Dt3S5IX.jpeg

XJ8mJ4Q.jpeg

Edited by Wilhelm1407