World of Discovery

Cody

• 3 weeks later...

Hey everyone! It has been a super long time since I have done any screenshots for this project (any of them really). I am about to go on two "research" trips and recent events at Epcot have inspired me to do more fireworks testing. Discover will continue to adapt to ever improving technology, even if the barges are not mobile.

GOW0yUX.png

KY86DoL.png

QVboZzU.png

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

PRESS RELEASE:

New resort hotel coming in 2024. This addition will begin a new phase in the development of the World Of Discovery property and its new resort area. The first phase of development is under construction with multiple phases in the planning stage for more buildings to be constructed. The name for the resort will be announced on February 2 as well as more details.

Reservations Begin: February 2, 2024

Opening Date: May 24, 2024

INFORMATION REGARDING RESERVATIONS/BENEFITS

quoozvw.jpg

Hello guests! This is your reminder that reservations begin on February 2, 2024 for the Innovations Resort. We would like to share a few details with you before you book your visit to the Innovations Resort and the nearby World Of Discovery.

Guests with discover passes will be able to reserve their stays starting January 31, 2024. 

During your stay, you will have many perks at World Of Discovery. Some include transportation to and from the park and extra hours to enjoy what the park has to offer and then some!

Transportation to and from the Innovations Resort include a walkway to the back entrance of World Of Discovery and our watercraft transportation with continuing service to the Discover Resort and World Of Discovery. More offerings are being evaluated and will be further developed based on guest feedback.

Extra hours in World Of Discovery will be posted on the times guides complimentary to park guests, the mobile app, and on information channels found on the resort information channel.

Each morning, guests staying on-property will be able to participate in Early Morning Discoveries. All forms of transportation to and from the park will be offered to all guests staying on-property up to an hour in advance. Early Morning Discoveries is 2 hours in length each morning and includes a complimentary breakfast served buffet-style. Breakfast locations will vary based on availability and guests will be notified upon entry into World Of Discovery. Discover most of the park's popular experiences with little to no wait.

On select nights, guests staying on-property will be able to participate in Late Night Wonders. Experience World Of Discovery at night and its popular experiences once regular day guests depart. All forms of transportation to and from the park will be offered to all guests staying on-property up to an hour after Late Night Wonders concludes.

We look forward to having guests at our newest resort. More announcements are coming really soon as we prepare the newest resort area.

• Like 1

Show us the stuffs we want to see them!

• Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

quoozvw.jpg

Welcome to the Innovations Resort! This week you will be able to begin reserving your accommodations for the newest resort at World Of Discovery. On May 24th2024, this brand new resort will open to all guests. We are extremely excited to have you and are looking forward to sharing more updates and news as plans are growing for this new resort area.IJxxF5C.png

• Like 1

The resort came out so nice, a very spot-on recreation of the Swan & Dolphin - especially for a building that was put together from pieces of different CS packs. This was not imported folks!

• Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

21 hours ago, Kablary said:

What’s the largest suite available and is it ridiculously-pretentious-tiny-pet friendly?

The Innovator's Suite on the top floor. It is our largest suite with 3 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms (DVC grand villa size). For pet friendly rooms however, we will assign you a floor on the bottom level for convenience. All ParkCrafters Staff members will receive complimentary rooms when the resort opens in May. 

2 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

The resort came out so nice, a very spot-on recreation of the Swan & Dolphin - especially for a building that was put together from pieces of different CS packs. This was not imported folks!

This came from a lot of research and looking at the Dolphin when I stayed there earlier this month. Seeing the sides being levels of walls definitely helped me get creative. A few details are missing (vent at the top, statues, fountains, and balconies), but this is as close to the real thing as I could make it. Shoutout to @shyguy and @StationJimJr for their many useful sets. 

The goal was to finally get a new resort area, which opens more possibilities with one being worked on as we prepare the Innovations Resort to open. Soon after something else will be coming to compliment it 😉. This is not the first piece-by-piece creation in this park, but possibly my favorite. The other section that has piece-by-piece work is the core of World Of Discovery though it is not as detailed, but rather a version of Creations and Connections with a lot more sections. 

• Love 1

quoozvw.jpg

Welcome to the Innovations Resort! Yesterday's opening for bookings was very successful and shows there is a greater demand than we were expecting for this resort. We have huge plans for the future so we are requesting your patience as we prepare for more accommodations. 

• Wow 1

• 3 weeks later...

PRESS RELEASE:

We are excited to announce that we are constructing another resort to go along with our upcoming resort. The Creations Resort will complement the Innovations Resort when it opens in June 2024. Similar to the Innovations Resort, guests will be close to World Of Discovery and be able to partake in the many offerings we have there along with the perks that come with staying on property. We look forward to sharing more with you in the very near future as construction on both the Innovations Resort and Creations Resort is taking place.

Reservations Begin: March 8, 2024

Opening Date: June 21, 2024

12 hours ago, jaronimo.mov said:

COUNT ME IN!! I'm so glad you are continuing this series, keep it up!!

This is one of my original projects and it is just getting bigger and seeing more developments. It hits 8 years this year! 

Edited by Cody

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

Happy Sunday everyone! Today a huge milestone was reached and this is the completion of the Innovations and Creations Resorts building construction phases. What is left are the surrounding areas and getting everything ready for the opening in May for the Innovations Resort and June for the Creations Resort.

Taken from the entrance of World Exposition, a bridge that crosses the main canal has been constructed and is not connected to guest areas yet as this already has connections to the resort area entrance/exit. Next month is the expected time frame for the resort area to be open for previews, minus future construction projects already started 😉.

Ws6Ps7K.png

Edited by Cody
  • Like 2

Still love how that resort came out, such a spot on recreation of the real one! It's looking lovely so far.. I may need to book a couple rooms 😉

29 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

Still love how that resort came out, such a spot on recreation of the real one! It's looking lovely so far.. I may need to book a couple rooms 😉

Out of the two, the Dolphin inspired one is my favorite. Missing the two outer wings of rooms for the sake of space, but still the best out of the two. The Swan inspired one was a little tough, but this is a budget theme park 🤣.

2 hours ago, Kablary said:

The angle of that shot make the resorts look GINORMOUS! And surely they are, definitely even more impressive considering they were scratch-built. 

They are pretty big, the height is just right to not be too large or too small compared to other buildings. I have an idea for another piece-by-piece resort, just gotta get an idea of what sets to use for it.