World of Discovery

Cody

Welcome to World of Discovery!

This park heavily inspired by Epcot at Walt Disney World is now here at ParkCrafters! Its history began in 2016 as an Epcot clone that then turned into a combination of ideas that have been long thought out before joining any theme park gaming community. With today being the first day of the new community, it is the perfect chance to share this massive project that has seen many iterations in its nearly 7 year history. 

Like this project, I hope we have this community for many years to come and have many more sources of inspiration and creativity start here.

XHJ96fB.png

Edited by Cody
  • Like 3

The famous park makes its debut!! Looking forward to following along with more updates! Also still nice to see StickyGum's Epcot CS in use to this day, haha.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 5/30/2023 at 9:24 PM, wolfpaw said:

The famous park makes its debut!! Looking forward to following along with more updates! Also still nice to see StickyGum's Epcot CS in use to this day, haha.

Yep this park is now at its new home. Might have to poke you for a logo for merchandise purposes. Still paying off that CS nearly 5 years later.

18 hours ago, Rhodedog80 said:

Awesome. EPCOT is by far my most favorite Disney park. Looking forward to seeing more.

Thank you! This project has made me appreciate Epcot more and more, definitely makes me miss early 2000s Epcot when I was a kid.

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

I think it's the world showcase torches that do it for me in those pics. I recall many times sitting underneath one of them watching Illuminations. My cousin was the manager of operations there for many years, and sometimes we'd get the back porch of the Rose & Crown at our disposal. That was a nice place for the fireworks and dessert after a hearty meal at Le Cellier.

"There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope." - Mark Twain

2 hours ago, Rhodedog80 said:

I think it's the world showcase torches that do it for me in those pics. I recall many times sitting underneath one of them watching Illuminations. My cousin was the manager of operations there for many years, and sometimes we'd get the back porch of the Rose & Crown at our disposal. That was a nice place for the fireworks and dessert after a hearty meal at Le Cellier.

LUCKY! Did you ever get to see behind the scenes of RoE!? That was and remains to be the best firework show I've ever seen. Real shame they removed it..

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I never got to see behind the scenes of it. It was definitely my favorite show though, I must have seen it well over 100 times. 

Epcot Forever was absolute shit, imo. Harmonious was unique, but the eyesores that cluttered the lake all day long took a bit away from it. 

I still catch myself humming, "We Go On" occasionally. 

• Like 1

"There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope." - Mark Twain

3 hours ago, Rhodedog80 said:

I never got to see behind the scenes of it. It was definitely my favorite show though, I must have seen it well over 100 times. 

Epcot Forever was absolute shit, imo. Harmonious was unique, but the eyesores that cluttered the lake all day long took a bit away from it. 

Couldn't agree more with everything you've said, I was so sad to see RoE go. All these Disney IPs that are cluttering Epcot and Harmonious are ruining the park for me.

Hi, Cody. Still getting my 'sea legs' here. Nice to see that World of Discovery is continuing on ParkCrafters. Maybe I'll resurrect my old RCT3 threads from SGW and post them here. Gotta get used to the new way of doing things here first.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2023 at 5:56 AM, Rhodedog80 said:

On 6/1/2023 at 10:19 AM, Rhodedog80 said:

Le Cellier is amazing! Possibly the best steak I have had in a restaurant (currently). That is very impressive and I bet you have a lot of memories! So I am seeing Epcot Forever in person for the first time in about a week or two. I saw Harmonious 3 times and the first two I was in shock (have a long backstory behind the first time I saw it) and the final time I was unmoved since only one fireworks barge was shooting aerial fireworks. Plus I had just watched the Epcot 40th light sequence on SSE, so I was recovering from that ending. 

On 6/1/2023 at 8:12 AM, wolfpaw said:

LUCKY! Did you ever get to see behind the scenes of RoE!? That was and remains to be the best firework show I've ever seen. Real shame they removed it..

On 6/1/2023 at 1:50 PM, wolfpaw said:

Couldn't agree more with everything you've said, I was so sad to see RoE go. All these Disney IPs that are cluttering Epcot and Harmonious are ruining the park for me.

But we got sea tacos..........

That means this park is amazing because no IPs whatsoever, just pure chaos. 

On 6/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, JB said:

Hi, Cody. Still getting my 'sea legs' here. Nice to see that World of Discovery is continuing on ParkCrafters. Maybe I'll resurrect my old RCT3 threads from SGW and post them here. Gotta get used to the new way of doing things here first.

Glad to see you here JB!!! You should resurrect everything, I am slowly getting things prepped and want to get a "routine" of working on RCT3 projects on top of work (more models and simulations). Looking forward to seeing what you bring to the community! 

3 minutes ago, Cody said:

Talking about the torches has me ready to tell some stories around the fire.

May be an image of globe

Oh, do it! It's a Saturday night and I'm half a bottle of vodka and several beers in. ? 

Regale me. I'm a roast, baste me. 

• Haha 2

That shot gives me such nostalgic vibes, I loved waiting for RoE to start while standing around the lagoon next to those torches listening to weird but good world music.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

That shot gives me such nostalgic vibes, I loved waiting for RoE to start while standing around the lagoon next to those torches listening to weird but good world music.

The preshow music to Illuminations was the best! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cody said:

You must have found our drink booths 

As an avid professional of drinking around the world, I can say that the only two places to find vodka are in Morocco and the Rose and Crown in the UK.

However let's not ignore the Cava de Tequila in Mexico and the Sake bar in Japan. 

Prost! 

1 hour ago, Rhodedog80 said:

As an avid professional of drinking around the world, I can say that the only two places to find vodka are in Morocco and the Rose and Crown in the UK.

However let's not ignore the Cava de Tequila in Mexico and the Sake bar in Japan. 

Prost! 

Noted for my solo day....

2 hours ago, Cody said:

Should I get rid of the background? The cityscape is nice and all, but sometimes detracts from showing off the park. 

I've often thought about that whenever I would see pictures and noticed how you changed the background. I think it really depends on what kind of story you want your park to tell - if you're mimicking Epcot, I would remove the backdrop but if you want the story of your park to place like like in the original Epcot designs (being a city and all), then I would say leave it!

It can sometimes be distracting but that's not necessarily a bad thing - if it plays into your idea and story of the park then it might be a good idea to leave it. 

On 6/4/2023 at 12:47 PM, wolfpaw said:

I've often thought about that whenever I would see pictures and noticed how you changed the background. I think it really depends on what kind of story you want your park to tell - if you're mimicking Epcot, I would remove the backdrop but if you want the story of your park to place like like in the original Epcot designs (being a city and all), then I would say leave it!

It can sometimes be distracting but that's not necessarily a bad thing - if it plays into your idea and story of the park then it might be a good idea to leave it. 

I am thinking of getting rid of the backgrounds in all parks. The cityscape was added when I started the parkwide refurbishment, but is now kind of meh. 

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Cody said:

"Discover" the new nighttime spectacular will begin its tests this month. The show's main centerpiece was delivered yesterday and installed, official images coming soon!

Oh no... and so it begins 😄

We gotta find someone to get those tacos in game for you!

Our massive centerpiece for "Discover" debuting for the park's 7th anniversary is a sight for the eyes. It is roughly the same size as the massive globe centerpiece that was in our lagoon previously.

DYS9scX.png

Oh god, there she is 😅 This is gonna be an interesting development

• Haha 1