World of Discovery

Cody

Recent discoveries have brought the infamous barges from Epcot to World of Discovery. Thank you to Anon-P for your quick work on the "tacos." It was one of those wish list items that quickly became a conversation starter. 

iUf26gt.png

Yea like seriously at least you made yours an interesting color compared to the real counterpart... seriously did they not hire people with eyes when designing Harmonious?

Now you have the onion ring and the tacos.. can't wait to see what you do with them 😏 Looking forward to more!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

14 hours ago, Kablary said:

Well at least your Stargate is gold and pretty to look at. 

Try turning up your anti-aliasing settings for sharper edges when taking pictures.

It is, less of an eyesore I guess....

1 hour ago, jaronimo.mov said:

Wow this is interesting, I can't wait to see future developments! You make me wanna install SketchUp again lmao

You should, I can give you plenty of work to do 😆.

59 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

Yea like seriously at least you made yours an interesting color compared to the real counterpart... seriously did they not hire people with eyes when designing Harmonious?

Now you have the onion ring and the tacos.. can't wait to see what you do with them 😏 Looking forward to more!

Bet you see a lot of familiar sights through the ring.....You have a good bit of sponsorship in this park still.

Fireworks testing.....sounds like a plan to me! Fireworks tests will be conducted from 11 PM - 1 AM. These tests will include randomized combinations of fireworks with later tests being small sections of the newest nighttime show "DIscover."

NpzAqmI.png

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a very long time since I have done any sort of "projection" tests. This one is extra special because it is for a celebration event for ParkCrafters at my first major project to be shared here and even in general. This event is celebrating the new opportunity of being the moderator here with everyone. I am trying to make sure I reply to all of the comments and positivity, but this is one way to celebrate. Coming soon is the party itself at World Of Discovery to kick everything off! Disneyland Park will have their own followed by Disney's Hollywood Studios! Hope to see you there!

HNbqoWF.jpg

• Like 3

In what timeline am I in where I see a logo I made projected onto a virtual Spaceship Earth 🤣

Can't wait to see where your parks go from here! And congrats again on the promotion 🥳

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

15 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

In what timeline am I in where I see a logo I made projected onto a virtual Spaceship Earth 🤣

Can't wait to see where your parks go from here! And congrats again on the promotion 🥳

I could always play "We Go On" during the projections.......

On 8/6/2023 at 4:04 PM, Cody said:

I could always play "We Go On" during the projections.......

PLEASE DO

• Like 1

You are scary good at recreating these Disney parks.. awesome! 👍

I also have a feeling like you're going to get a lot of controversy if you build what I think you're about to build... lol

• Haha 1

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

20 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

PLEASE DO

I mean that is the only right thing to play other than original Epcot attraction music.

13 hours ago, Gin said:

You are scary good at recreating these Disney parks.. awesome! 👍

I also have a feeling like you're going to get a lot of controversy if you build what I think you're about to build... lol

Eh, lots of my building techniques need adjusting, but I do like to have some closeness to the real thing so it is very much appreciated. What would be the controversy? I have quite a few ideas that I know would cause chaos in chats. 😆

Friday nights mean fireworks! Discover premieres in October for the park's anniversary and tonight started testing the "taco" barges firing locations. 

The barges are capable of many effects, but the pyro is what is going to heavily affect the barges. Putting them through a stress test is crucial. Some effects are going to be tested at a later date, but there are some previously existing shows in the real world that are inspiring some effects to be a part of Discover.

RGelCZG.png

1nCltzV.png

TxH3LEl.png

OQmOxJn.png

Fireworks testing is rumored to occur weekly at least 2-3 times per week until the show comes to life. If only we could have Spaceship Earth lighting in RCT3 because that would be a highlight of the show, but one could dream! Who knows what we will discover, maybe a world alive with music, stories, and even a bit of wonder.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Cody said:

If only we could have Spaceship Earth lighting in RCT3 because that would be a highlight of the show, but one could dream!

You might be able to bribe someone to create a new Spaceship Earth CSO and embed launch emitters all around it. OR create a .frw effect that accomplishes the same thing. If AT_Mad could create The Iris II's effects (and the wheel itself) in the AFE, I'm sure @wolfpaw could do the same for you ;)

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

2 hours ago, Kablary said:

You might be able to bribe someone to create a new Spaceship Earth CSO and embed launch emitters all around it. OR create a .frw effect that accomplishes the same thing. If AT_Mad could create The Iris II's effects (and the wheel itself) in the AFE, I'm sure @wolfpaw could do the same for you ;)

I just have to find creators who want the same things in-game. Not so much bribing as that is wrong.......showing off the park's defense system might be a different story 😉.

Finally got up to date on this project, and all I can say is wow! The park has come a long way and I am very excited to see what else you have in store. The nighttime show and the projections on Spaceship Earth have my interest, so very excited to see what you do with them. 

On 8/12/2023 at 11:40 PM, Kablary said:

aww heck ur such a MOD now

I would just have to find an Epcot fan to do some collaboration with. Just have to say the construction walls will be removed so it does not scare them off. 😆

Spaceship Earth lighting is definitely a wishful thinking item much like Cinderella Castle Dreamlights in RCT3. Both would be sights to see but are probably a pain to do.

On 8/17/2023 at 4:53 PM, Darknight said:

Finally got up to date on this project, and all I can say is wow! The park has come a long way and I am very excited to see what else you have in store. The nighttime show and the projections on Spaceship Earth have my interest, so very excited to see what you do with them. 

I envision a show similar to Illuminations just with Harmonious equipment (mostly for the ridiculousness of it). I typically just have my nighttime entertainment as a story point in my parks since they are pretty difficult to work with and require a lot of patience (I have none). Plus it is difficult having a full scale show in a large park file. I might test it out in the near future with mini-shows.

On 8/18/2023 at 11:32 AM, Gin said:

I wanna see it!

I'm excited to see what you were able to do for the nighttime show.

Easy now, media events are next month. Just have to apply for the media badge. I still have to do the ParkCrafters after-party for the promotion. 

19 hours ago, Cody said:

We have to go back.....

Back... stage? 😉

• Haha 1