World of Discovery

Cody

Happy Sunday everyone! Here is an overview/update on what is being developed and coming soon to World Of Discovery! Next month the park hits 7 years of operation with many of those years seeing major overhauls like the one that is currently in development.

rvkCywi.png

Every trip to World Of Discovery begins with an entrance photo/overview. In the nearly 7 years of this project's existence, the main entrance has set the tone for many updates and has played a key role in the park's history for being the first thing guests see before discovering something new.

tuchXVf.png

The World Of Discovery entrance sign mirrors the park's symbol which is an icon in both the RCT3 world and the real world for being an engineering marvel.

ZCwFjE5.png

2024 it is rumored that the first attraction guests discover will be seeing a small refurbishment. More than likely to look into the ride system as there has been long periods of downtime. The best thing is that this attraction can hold many guests. The downside is that the high capacity would have to shift elsewhere in the park, which currently has a very small offering of attractions for now.

zp8qZzW.png

Many updates are occurring behind Spaceship Earth. The number of food of beverage offerings is only going to increase when the Discover Eats quick service opens soon. The remaining work is the interior as much of the exterior has been formed other than the roof and details that are connected to the glass panels.

B5RbWCQ.png

The fountain during the mornings is quiet but come lunchtime and up until an hour or two before nighttime entertainment, the fountain comes to life. You cannot beat this view though.

96Z0Vzi.png

The park's main gift shop, Starbucks, a pizza grab-and-go, ice cream, and soda shop are in this section. This same building will house Discover Eats when that opens. There will be two entrances to Discover Eats when it opens to guests.

JqTFcz2.png

Be sure to get the ParkCrafters and SGW merchandise. Revenue is used for more experiences and much of what is being planned!

k7dQn68.png

Of course if you need any assistance, ask our team members for help because they are always happy to help.

LeFRy5v.png

This angle shows both entrances to Discover Eats. It will be a massive quick service that caters to all guests with a variety of foods. Food will range from standard burgers and hot dogs to cultural delights as this is a world of discovery.

v3qyvo5.png

One of the first overviews of this update shows the left side of the park taking shape. Experience prehistoric times, natural wonders, and where it all began to come to be. Also in this overview is a hint of what has been teased in previous posts by media that have worked up some wonder as to what it could be. Much of the construction process for this project involves laying out in-game paths for guests before adding protective covers and borders when the pathways are finalized. This also adds a bit of realism. 

FKoPWRW.png

Get ready for future discoveries as guests will travel to the Big Bang in a thrilling adventure among the cosmos. Details will be shared in the future, but expect a thrill that is out of this world!

DbsOzQI.png

Discover the newest nighttime spectacular Discover starting next month! This will be the park's largest nighttime display of pyrotechnics and other effects that will be sure to leave a mark in the World Of Discovery history books.

cXFmoKA.png

Another overview shows the layout of the Discover barges. The World Exposition Lagoon has plenty of room for guests to view this show. Once World Exposition is fully complete, expect there to be numerous locations for guests to sit and enjoy what we have to offer both during the day and at night.

14fH1Ar.png

The right side of the park is not as developed as the left. The planning phase is still in progress for this area as there are many ideas that are being evaluated. Additions to Epcot are being looked at but will be reworked to fit this park as well as original concepts of what could be popular in each area. 

U9emBdX.png

Explore the seas, weather, and space in this area of the park with various experiences under development. Ideas call for some thrilling attractions as well as some "edutainment" options to encourage guests to make a difference in the world. Much like Epcot, this park wants to entertain and educate visitors in creative ways. 

World Of Discovery is going to continue to grow and change. This update shows a little bit of the development process as well as hints at possible ideas that are in development. I have a long list of things to add to this project and I am happy to share what is being cooked up! 

• Like 3

Nice preview! My favorite structure is still the wedge-shaped building with the colorful panels: "guests will travel to the Big Bang in a thrilling adventure among the cosmos". I can't remember what it is exactly. You told me what the attraction was over at SGW, but it's been a minute... or two.

4 hours ago, JB said:

Nice preview! My favorite structure is still the wedge-shaped building with the colorful panels: "guests will travel to the Big Bang in a thrilling adventure among the cosmos". I can't remember what it is exactly. You told me what the attraction was over at SGW, but it's been a minute... or two.

It is the Universe of Energy building with the color scheme from I would say the early 2000s before Disney reverted back to the sides being painted back to the original orange, red, and yellow color scheme.

Because this version has the colored columns/pylons, I figured something based on minerals or even the Big Bang would work. On SGW I think I mentioned this being themed to Geology since the rest of the pavilions on the left side of Spaceship Earth are nature/land-based themes. Realm of the dinosaurs, natural wonders, and the Big Bang themed coaster will be the areas present. Broad theming leaves a lot of wiggle room for experiences and a Big Bang themed coaster, could lead this to be any type of coaster. Considering limitations, it may be a standard coaster as we do not have the omnimover cars in a changing velocity tracked ride.  However, the best part is that this version has the gravity building set kind of backstage instead of right in the front of the park. A minor eyesore, but manageable as it is set back to where landscaping can hide most of it from World Exposition.

• Thanks 1

This park makes me miss old Epcot so much... love what you're doing! Glad to see Sticky's sets he made for my Epcot project are still being put to good use after all these years 🥳

• Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

5 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

This park makes me miss old Epcot so much... love what you're doing! Glad to see Sticky's sets he made for my Epcot project are still being put to good use after all these years 🥳

I mean I could pull you guys for more work 😉. We do need a lighting package on something....

Part of me is debating on doing a recreation of some form of Epcot, possibly where some areas still exist. 

Mission: Space - it's following me... 🫣

I am not a fan in case you can't tell. haha

This park is coming along beautifully! I can't even imagine how well your computer is handling all of the CS.

• Like 1

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/5/2023 at 8:00 AM, Gin said:

Mission: Space - it's following me... 🫣

I am not a fan in case you can't tell. haha

This park is coming along beautifully! I can't even imagine how well your computer is handling all of the CS.

It will follow you, but ours is better. Taking random adventures to other planets than just Earth and Mars like other parks do. Space Flight will be a thrilling experience for astronauts of all ages. 

Today is a special day for this project. 7 years ago, World Of Discovery started off as a poor recreation of Epcot. Now this project is massive and is only becoming more and more of an original concept with its storytelling with Epcot as a heavy inspiration. Work is underway on the new version of World Of Discovery which will bring in many concepts and give guests new experiences. This will range from new attractions to new shows, with Discover premiering tonight! Stay tuned for more as we prepare for another big year as this next year will mark 1 year at ParkCrafters!

Can't wait to see what you have in store! Can't believe it's been 7 years 🤯

• Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 10/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, wolfpaw said:

Can't wait to see what you have in store! Can't believe it's been 7 years 🤯

Cooking up huge plans for what is now being called WOD-7. This will span into more WOD-#'s with each one working on other areas.

oqrN8UG.png

Discover is now showing at World Of Discovery. Caught this from my drone before heading out from a meeting. This week and last week we were working on the core of the park and doing some painting to help mesh the core with surrounding areas. Working on proposals with the sponsor ParkCrafters. Good things coming real soon!

• Like 2

Excuse me sir but I still see a big ring. 🫠

I kid, I kid.. looking great so far! Excited to see what's in store for the future!

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

Excuse me sir but I still see a big ring. 🫠

I kid, I kid.. looking great so far! Excited to see what's in store for the future!

The ring is there to stay. At least until all the World Of Discovery fans protest against it and the other barges.

Thank you! Could not have this project without you and the community!

• 2 weeks later...

Happy Sunday everyone! World Of Discovery is seeing changes to the core of the park, but this is a brief look at our sign with the addition of our sponsor. The goal is to add some more signage throughout the park little by little. Some promotional signage for Discover has appeared and will be shown in the future. Discover is rumored to be going under a technical refurbishment to rework the show's centerpiece. Expect more updates soon.

IZAVsF3.png

• Like 1

"We're very excited about our partnership and sponsorship with World of Discovery and look forward to the many wonderous updates and new attractions for everyone of all ages to enjoy!" #worldofdiscover #parkcrafters #partnership #sponorship #WoD

On 10/22/2023 at 4:07 PM, JB said:

Wow, ParkCrafters must be a very lucurative venture, that it can sponsor a whole theme park! :classic_biggrin:

Have to get funding for the refurbishments somehow....

11 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

"We're very excited about our partnership and sponsorship with World of Discovery and look forward to the many wonderous updates and new attractions for everyone of all ages to enjoy!" #worldofdiscover #parkcrafters #partnership #sponorship #WoD

Imagine what you can discover. 

Thanks to @Anon-P, Discover has a new ring to match the "tacos." It is currently under technical refurbishment for the adjustments in the inclusion of the ring and the "tacos" moving to be closer to the launch locations and the ring. Reflections (you can guess what this is a reference to 😉) is playing nightly until the technical refurbishment is finished.

ZEcQYCd.png

• Like 1
  • Care 1

Happy Saturday!

I was strolling through the park to only find that the barges were seeing their daytime fountains being tested. This is an interesting development as the barges were adjusted real recently. I did not think there would be tests happening this soon.

J8iOuGt.png

In-park signage shows what the barges will look like during both daytime and nighttime hours with the main focus being Discover. From what it sounds like the barge fountains will take place before the park's main fountain has its shows. Tests were done at 11 AM, so this is more than likely the time the barge fountains will be on as it will be a buffer as well as a way to entice guests to journey further into the park earlier in the day. 

6WByi8X.png

The ring's fountains are currently not being tested, the crew is making sure that the pipework is connected right and does not interfere with the other connections for the pyro and lasers. Things are looking good for Discover's return to the skies.

• Like 1

Water tacos! Hadn't tried any of those before. Won't the taco shells get soggy? Also, I bet the force from the water jets will blast the ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes into the lagoon. Maybe you should rethink this? 😛

• Haha 4

I'm very scared.. but it does look nice.. so kudos to you Cody I GUESS 😆

Can't wait to see the next update and for some night shot tests 👀

• Thanks 1

On 10/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, JB said:

Water tacos! Hadn't tried any of those before. Won't the taco shells get soggy? Also, I bet the force from the water jets will blast the ground beef, cheese, lettuce, and tomatoes into the lagoon. Maybe you should rethink this? 😛

Nope, even the real world inspiration has some taco-like barges being placed as we speak 😆.

On 10/30/2023 at 10:53 AM, wolfpaw said:

I'm very scared.. but it does look nice.. so kudos to you Cody I GUESS 😆

Can't wait to see the next update and for some night shot tests 👀

Why are you scared? It is fireworks not a defense system...to your knowledge. You will definitely hear the night time testing.

• Haha 1