Welcome to Your New Home for All Things RCT3!

wolfpaw

Migration.png

Welcome to your new home for all things RCT3!

Hey everyone, we have some extremely exciting news to share with you today! I'm pleased to officially and formally announce that the migration of all the downloads hosted on the CSDepot have been moved to ParkCrafters!

For those unaware, ShyGuys World forums was a place where RCT3 creators would share their projects and upload their creations, custom content, and more for many years. The CSDepot was a subsection of ShyGuys World that hosted all of these creations. ShyGuys World officially closed its doors in June of 2023 and the CSDepot will close on December 8th, 2023. With the help of some extremely awesome people here on ParkCrafters, we took it up to move everything over to ParkCrafters before the CSDepot closed down to help preserve all the custom content that creators built over the many years that ShyGuys World was active.

I'm extremely excited to announce that this migration of all files hosted on the CSDepot have successfully been moved to ParkCrafters! The history of all these content creators, custom content, scenery, mods, files - and to an extension, the RCT3 community as a whole - will live on for many more years now!

I would like to give a huge thank you to the people who helped make this possible! I was originally going to do this just by myself but with the massive amount of content to move over, I knew I couldn't do it alone. The people who joined our CSDepot Strike Team worked tirelessly and efficiently to make sure everything was moved over before the CSDepot closure date. Please assist me in giving a huge shoutout and thanks to:

@Knight Rider - For his assistance in moving custom scenery and park files over so quickly!

@Kablary- For his quick migration of moving custom scenery over and then helping others move their files over!

@Wilhelm1407- For the many categories that he helped move over, he also took on extra work once completed!

@Cody- For his quick dedication and continued support, he moved over a total of 20 custom scenery pages!

@RobertaME- Despite having slower Internet, she took the initiative in downloading everything instead and uploading in bulk to make sure everything was moved over!

@linux_doggo - For all the work she did in helping move over custom scenery files!

I can't thank this team enough, you all have helped the entire RCT3 community more than you realize. Many others who aren't even a part of ParkCrafters thank you all! As a reward for all of your hard work, you all have been awarded an extremely rare badge on ParkCrafters. This is the only way to obtain this badge, so consider yourselves holders of one of the most rarest of items on ParkCrafters! Thank you so much once again for all of your hard work!

With all of that being said, all files are now up and available for download! Please note that there may be some misplaced files in categories or duplicates of files, over time we will be combing through the downloads section, cleaning things up, and organizing them all better. We firstly just wanted all the files uploaded before the CSDepot closed down.

On behalf of the entire ParkCrafters staff team and the CSDepot Strike Team, welcome to your new home for all things RCT3! Check out our RCT3 downloads section today and start creating and downloading!

*Updates to the download sections, organization, and more will be coming soon. Keep an eye out for future community updates for more information on this!

• Love 4
  • Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

30 minutes ago, shyguy said:

Great job guys! So glad to see the guardianship of these precious RCT3 files has been passed to such capable hands. I can finally retire from this role guilt free. 😉

I should have included this in the first post but wanted to give you a huge thank you for everything you've done! You kept all these files up and running for many years, without you and your support we wouldn't even be able to still have access to all these files! Thanks so much for everything!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I learned SO MUCH about RCT3 custom content in helping move these files over. Some packs seemed so random that it hardly seemed like anyone would find a use for the items within (looking at you, Windows XP logo...). But if you look at the CSDepot page for those files, you'll see hundreds - if not thousands - of downloads over the lifetime of the upload. Everything found a home in someone's project at some point, and that's just so special and amazing to me.

The RCT3 community - while MUCH smaller in the wakes of NoLimits, Planet Coaster and other theme park sims - still lives and breathes strong! It's so encouraging. I would also like to note that all RCT1 & 2 and Parkitect files were also merged over from CSDepot, so truly nothing is lost (unless the original file was corrupt, missing, or otherwise broken in some way).

• Like 1
  • Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

• wolfpaw unfeatured this topic