RCT3 Custom Scenery Team - Signups Closed

wolfpaw

Hey all!

As most of you are aware, ShyGuys World forums shut down earlier this year and the famous Custom Scenery Depot (CSDepot) will officially close on December 8th, 2023. We're currently still moving everything over from the CSDepot over to ParkCrafters but with that day fast approaching and increased security concerns regarding the CSDepot, I'm looking to speed up this process. There are still a ton of items to move over from the CSDepot so I'm putting together a team to help me migrate all downloads to ParkCrafters so all downloads are preserved for many more years to come!

I've been approached by multiple members saying they would like to help move over everything on ParkCrafters, so I'm creating a public topic as an announcement to let you all know I'll be putting together a team to help me move everything over before December 8th, 2023. If you are interested in helping move overall content from CSDepot, read on to figure out how you can help:

If you are interested in being a part of this team, please respond to this topic OR send a personal message to @wolfpaw or @Cody via ParkCrafters or our Discord server.

Here's what you will be doing:

• Depending on the size of the team, you will be given a certain number of pages from the CSDepot that you will own
  • From these pages, you will move over all items onto the appropriate category on the ParkCrafters downloads section
  • You will be downloading the files and the screenshots from the CSDepot, re-uploading it onto ParkCrafters into the appropriate category
  • You will also be copying and pasting over the description of each item along with the original creator (if applicable or if available)

Once this project is over, you will be awarded with a rare badge permanently to proudly display on your profile on ParkCrafters showing you helped out! This is the only way to get this badge!

The window to join this team will close on November 8th, 2023 at 11:59 PM EST.

If we work together we can move everything over and continue to preserve all of the history and hard work that so many creators spent countless hours on to better the RCT3 community! If you're interested in helping out please respond to this topic OR send a personal message to @wolfpaw or @Cody via ParkCrafters or our Discord server.

Thanks so much for all the help everyone, this is a big task and I'm hoping to complete it out soon so ParkCrafters can be the one destination for all things RCT3 for many years to come, just as ShyGuys World and the CSDepot were!

• Like 2
  • Care 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Thanks for all the support so far everyone! Once the signup period has closed on November 8th, I'll be messaging everyone and creating a central place for us all to stay in contact with so we can all get this done ASAP! If you know any RCT3 communities, feel free to share this everywhere you can! This is all of our history and community's past on the line here!

• Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

33 minutes ago, Wilhelm1407 said:

This is just a suggestion but in the RCT3 downloads, perhaps splitting up custom attractions into sub categories would be helpful. Custom Tracked Rides, Custom Flat Rides, and Custom Tracks. I feel like it would make looking for specific file types a bit easier. 

I had no idea there were custom tracks 😲

kQngDQ2.png

1 hour ago, Wilhelm1407 said:

splitting up custom attractions into sub categories would be helpful. Custom Tracked Rides, Custom Flat Rides, and Custom Tracks.

FWIW, I second this motion. Categorizing into CTR/CT, CFR, CSO, and Utilities would make finding certain downloads much easier here instead of everything being in one big grab-bag folder for all RCT3 items.

Edit: It might even be worthwhile to divide CS into subcategories based on its menu sort in-game (all Building sets in one category, all landscaping in one category, etc.) because there are just SO MANY CS sets.

Edited by RobertaME
Had a thought...
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

1 hour ago, RobertaME said:

FWIW, I second this motion. Categorizing into CTR/CT, CFR, CSO, and Utilities would make finding certain downloads much easier here instead of everything being in one big grab-bag folder for all RCT3 items.

Edit: It might even be worthwhile to divide CS into subcategories based on its menu sort in-game (all Building sets in one category, all landscaping in one category, etc.) because there are just SO MANY CS sets.

I like this idea! Objet d'Art, Path/Peep Fixtures, Coaster Accessories, to name a few more suggestions. (We might be pushing it....)

• Love 1

kQngDQ2.png

15 hours ago, RobertaME said:

I agree with this too. I had wanted CS Depot to have something like this as well. I like  the idea of

Building Sets, and Landscaping. I would also add Paths & Accessories, and Coaster Accessories.

Maybe have a separate category for Structures that have been prebuilt. 

29 minutes ago, Cody said:

I agree with the attractions being split up. The bad part about custom scenery is some sets have a little bit of everything (walls, trees, animatronics, etc) so it is a bit harder to split up. 

Those sets could be listed across multiple categories, no? 

kQngDQ2.png

7 hours ago, Cody said:

some sets have a little bit of everything (walls, trees, animatronics, etc) so it is a bit harder to split up

True, but more often than not, a set mostly consists of one kind of thing... landscaping, walls, etc. For the odd ones, you just look at what it has the most of and use that. If it's too difficult to tell, just consult others or make your best guess. It can always be moved later if it turns out it really belongs elsewhere.

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

Thanks for all the suggestions, everyone! This is something I may look into and change up as it does make more sense to split downloads by their uses instead. I can definitely look into this once all downloads have been added.

Just a side note to everyone else, tomorrow is the last day to sign up to be a part of this team! If you'd like to help out please reach out or comment on this topic before signups close November 8th and 11:59 PM EST! 

• Like 4

The signup period for this has now closed and I've contacted everyone who has signed up! Thanks again for helping out with this, hoping we can finish this quickly! For everyone else, we will update you all on the progress of this project throughout the next month.

If anyone else would still like to help out, please contact myself or @Cody directly. Thanks again, everyone!

• wolfpaw changed the title to RCT3 Custom Scenery Team - Signups Closed