Unnamed RMC Inverted Coaster Concept | Work In Progress

I've seen the concept of an inverted wooden coaster before. I decided instead of doing that I would attempt to make an inverted RMC concept coaster. The coaster starts by climbing up the first hill that is mostly made of wood. The trains then descend down the first drop which is supported with metal truss supports. I opted to use these on this section so riders would be able to get a sense of height before plummeting down into the relentless foot chopper supports. I've included a Cobra Roll, a Corkscrew, and a Double Barrel Roll Finale, for my inversions. I don't have the supports down to an exact science, so I'm still working on what looks under supported/ over supported . As of this date 6/10/23 I do not have a name for this coaster. Suggestions are very welcome!

9tNvCKF.png

6FCaFg0.png

EF1C9hx.png

i4S7i3y.png

mXpbBUz.png

g2P4ADm.png

p5SE0P6.png

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 1

Oh that is a very cool idea - an inverted wooden coaster ? Looks really cool so far, love the support work you did - maybe a good name for this coaster could be called 'Splinter'?

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I can't even imagine the math/physics/smart-people-stuff involved in designing a support structure for this. Let alone the $$$$$$$$ it would take to acutally build it. YIKES! Visually, it's stunning. Since you're having to place every beam individually, does this take eons to do?? And follow-up question, what CSO sets did the timbers and steel beams come from?

On 6/9/2023 at 11:27 PM, Wilhelm1407 said:

The trains then descend down the first drop which is supported with metal truss supports

This looks like the support system I did every time on Bridge Builder games ?

kQngDQ2.png

On 6/12/2023 at 10:51 PM, OldBones said:

I can't even imagine the math/physics/smart-people-stuff involved in designing a support structure for this. Let alone the $$$$$$$$ it would take to acutally build it. YIKES! Visually, it's stunning. Since you're having to place every beam individually, does this take eons to do?? And follow-up question, what CSO sets did the timbers and steel beams come from?

This looks like the support system I did every time on Bridge Builder games ?

The supports do take eons to make lol. The CSO I'm using is CFS's Steel I Beam set, Moby's Timber, and BigBurger's Timber sets. 

On 6/10/2023 at 8:00 PM, Bookworm91 said:

I love the idea of blending the two types of coasters!  So far the project looks good!  Are you planning on doing anything theme or story related with the ride?  That might help with a name ?

I hadn't really thought of a story yet since it started as more of an experiment to see if I could actually make it look decent. lol 

On 6/10/2023 at 12:45 PM, wolfpaw said:

Oh that is a very cool idea - an inverted wooden coaster ? Looks really cool so far, love the support work you did - maybe a good name for this coaster could be called 'Splinter'?

Splinter does sound like a good name for it. ?

• 1 month later...

While I haven't had much time this month to really make any progress on a lot of my projects... I did finally purchase PhotoStitcher to start making panoramic screenshots again. I decided to test it with this project, as it has a complex wood structure.

I have to say it's much better than Dermander was back when I was using it! Everything lines up perfectly! So excited to use this on finished projects!

image.png.0b0d3d204f82f74e71637d142d191e8f.png

image.png.f849e0381493d728da06e0eaef63252a.png

panorama3.png.354f0d67db09d4f80d82d145c62a7b52.png

• Like 2

Oh these came out awesome! I also saw you posted a tutorial on how to do this - super useful! This is looking like another winning coaster, m'lord.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I wish I knew doing widescreen shots on RCT3 was possible when I used to play it most frequently!

They came out great - you need to let us know how.

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 3 weeks later...

This is interesting. Fantastic widescreen screenshots it definitely shows the scale of the coaster more. For the coaster itself, this is unique! I could see this being used in a boardwalk setting with the wood painted white surrounded by flat rides and carnival games. I find this coaster very interesting because you could do a lot with it that you are already doing (Ex. close call elements where peeps think they are going to lose their legs). Just wow!

• 7 months later...

It's been a while since I worked on this project. The supports are... a bit of a nightmare to say the least. I've just been doing a little bit at a time but finally started getting these high speed turn supports to a point where I think they look okay. Still a lot of work left to do on just this section alone 😅 

ibVVChi.png

XqY4ALr.png

xPwwcrG.png

xeSrweW.pngvZMBJi1.png

sFTzDeF.png

• Like 1

• Wilhelm1407 changed the title to Unnamed RMC Inverted Coaster Concept | Work In Progress

Looking good so far, still love the support work on this, it's what stands out the most to me!

• Thanks 1