【 I Search a CTR, CFR, CT + Request Thread 】

Wilhelm1407

I still have Air, but keep in mind the CT was never finished, the track is not recolorable and most supports are missing. Plus the track has some bumps due to the NL importer not managing the roll values correctly, probably was one of the earliest, experimental, CTs. The station does not line up with rct3 grid.

Posted (edited)

I merged the "CTR and CFR Requests," thread since we already have this thread.

You can get help looking for custom attractions here, as well as request custom attractions.

I personally can only put cars on different tracks and can't model anything.

But you may find a member of the community here who would be willing to help with other things.

Or at least that was part of my hope creating the thread.

Edited by Wilhelm1407

On 3/26/2024 at 6:21 PM, Wilhelm1407 said:

you may find a member of the community here who would be willing to help with other things.

I  can only speak for myself, but I'm still working on making direct edits to OVL files in order to change their in-game stats, price, etc. I recently tracked down the bytes that control what category a CTR or CFR appear in within the game menu.

If anyone would like any assistance with editing any existing CTR or CFR I can help to change Price, Excitement, Intensity, Nausia, Reliability Degradation, Peep Attractiveness, Name and Description to a certain extent, Build Category, Station Speed, Min-Max Chain Speed, Launch Speed, Gravity Effect Factor, Constant Speed Settings, Running Cost, or Operation Mode Options... all without having to rebuild the attraction from scratch. (I'm still looking for the data points for some factors such as Theme, the No-children Flag, Min-Max Circuits, Height Cost, and several other options)

So if anyone would like any assistance with editing attractions, I'm up for it! (just don't ask me to try and make new attractions... my art skills are NOT something I like to inflict on the general public :^þ )

• Love 1

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

On 3/30/2024 at 2:54 AM, RobertaME said:

I  can only speak for myself, but I'm still working on making direct edits to OVL files in order to change their in-game stats, price, etc. I recently tracked down the bytes that control what category a CTR or CFR appear in within the game menu.

If anyone would like any assistance with editing any existing CTR or CFR I can help to change Price, Excitement, Intensity, Nausia, Reliability Degradation, Peep Attractiveness, Name and Description to a certain extent, Build Category, Station Speed, Min-Max Chain Speed, Launch Speed, Gravity Effect Factor, Constant Speed Settings, Running Cost, or Operation Mode Options... all without having to rebuild the attraction from scratch. (I'm still looking for the data points for some factors such as Theme, the No-children Flag, Min-Max Circuits, Height Cost, and several other options)

So if anyone would like any assistance with editing attractions, I'm up for it! (just don't ask me to try and make new attractions... my art skills are NOT something I like to inflict on the general public :^þ )

That would be a great tutorial to have if it hasn't already been made! I can start making a tutorial on how to put cars on other tracks as well. No rush of course cause I know how time consuming it can be just to work on creating and editing custom attractions lol

On 3/31/2024 at 11:31 AM, Wilhelm1407 said:

That would be a great tutorial to have if it hasn't already been made

A Work-in-progress version has been in the Tutorials section since last June.

https://parkcrafters.com/topic/100-editing-ovl-files/

I have a lot of work left to do, mostly the section on editing CSOs. (that whole section still is nothing but COMING SOON)

Edit: The tutorial has been updated with my latest findings.

I just wanted to put it out there that if anyone would like any assistance with editing an existing attraction, I'm more than willing to help... either by walking them through it or just do it for them if that's what they want.

On 3/31/2024 at 11:31 AM, Wilhelm1407 said:

I can start making a tutorial on how to put cars on other tracks as well.

That would be awesome! I'd love to have insight into your process! It might even help me with some of my work. :^)

Edited by RobertaME
Update
  • Love 1

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

1 hour ago, Immanuel davis said:

Can anyone upload new cts ? Im not getting the right files for most of them.

Can you be more specific? Which CTs are you downloading that are giving you trouble? 

Also, there aren't too many more CTs out there. Most that were still available have been uploaded already. 

kQngDQ2.png

4 hours ago, Kablary said:

Can you be more specific? Which CTs are you downloading that are giving you trouble? 

Also, there aren't too many more CTs out there. Most that were still available have been uploaded already. 

i was downloading the ones that were posted but its showing up as a pdf instead of a zip file , i already have some CTS such as raptor, kumba, smiler, leviathen, baron 1898 & sky ripper but i was looking for a rmc to download.

4 hours ago, Immanuel davis said:

i was downloading the ones that were posted but its showing up as a pdf instead of a zip file , i already have some CTS such as raptor, kumba, smiler, leviathen, baron 1898 & sky ripper but i was looking for a rmc to download.

Which files are downloading as a PDF for you? We can look into those and remove them if the right file is not uploaded.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Posted (edited)

On 4/2/2024 at 10:01 AM, Immanuel davis said:

Can anyone upload new cts ? Im not getting the right files for most of them.

I'm going to merge this over into the "I Search a CTR, CFR, CT" Thread, as it's for searching for custom attractions, as well as technical support.

If you could link the CTs you're trying to use that would be most helpful.

Edited by Wilhelm1407

• 3 weeks later...

The Corkscrew from Cedar Point has already been made into a CT, as it is currently available in the downloads section.

13 minutes ago, Tommy Parsons said:

I don't think those layouts require a CT:

The corkscrew track can be recreated just fine with the ingame track. If you're looking for the arch supports you should use the Safarij's Arrow pack.

For the spinning coaster, I'd suggest any spinning coaster ctr on the ML03 or ML04 CT.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tommy Parsons said:

are there any more Ct's from Cedar Point that have been made yet?

There is one of maverick, one of Millennium Force, Top Thrill Dragster, Rougarou, Raptor, Gatekeeper, and Magnum XL 200. There's even an impulse CT where you can do Wicked Twister.

Edited by Aerick McCullough