Disneyland Park Colorado

Hello! I am new to ParkCrafters but had been posting updates to my park on ShyGuy'sWorld since early 2021 so I figured it was time to move things here instead, now that the site is down. This park is part of a concept for a Disneyland Resort based in Colorado. This park will have 8 eight areas in total, when it is completed!

Check out my YouTube channel which includes videos that display each attraction and area of the park so far including Main Street USA, The Great Outdoors, Adventureland, Treasure Cove and Frontierland. I have added a link to my YouTube channel below:

https://www.youtube.com/@disneylandresortcolorado9611/featured

Also, be sure to check out my website below which displays more photos, information and etc regarding this project. There is also a map included on the site to give you a look at the progress of the park as a whole. Thanks!

https://camerondmills20.wixsite.com/disneyland-colorado

Park Logo.png

dd.png

Edited by Disneyland Colorado Resort
  • Like 1

I have been working on the Fantasyland area of the park since around January now. A lot of progress has been made including the completion of the Fantasy Faire sub-area as well as substantial progress in the Storybook Village sub-area of the land. My next update will be much more detailed and include the most up to date progress but here are many photos of the area that I had posted on ShyGuy'sWorld back in May. There is also a look inside the Peter Pan's Flight attraction. Enjoy!

2.png

5.png

7.png

19-1.png

19-3.png

19-5.png

19-6.png

19-8.png

19-17.png

19-18.png

19-19.png

19-20.png

19-21.png

19-25.png

19-26.png

19-27.png

I'm really digging your queues - well done!

The Peter Pan ride is also really cool. It takes a lot of patience and dedication to pull these rides off.

Well done.

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

Welcome to ParkCrafters!! It's so weird having been to WDW in Florida my whole life and seeing mountains behind the castle like that 🤣

Looking great so far!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Another project is here from SGW! Plus it is Disney so it definitely caught my eye! Looks really detailed and I love the Pooh queue elements.

I used to make Winnie The Pooh a spinning coaster in my Disney creations for something different, but also I think it adds to the chaos of the Heffalumps section. 

Peter Pan is an interesting attraction to make in any game, probably one of the most difficult in terms of not building too high vertically in terms of the ride buildings. I will say you nailed it and the facade is amazing and does its job!

I am ready for more because this is a great start! 

On 8/11/2023 at 1:45 PM, citytrader said:

This looks great! You have a real flair for combining billboards with scenery. Neverland from the air looks like the real ride!

Nice to see one of my circus wagons being used. Never thought of Stromboli!

Thank you!! I appreciate the compliment on the billboard use. I'm also happy that Neverland turned out the way I was hoping. The feedback in this thread regarding the attraction means a lot! Also thank you for creating the circus wagon that I used. I loved that build! :)

On 8/11/2023 at 1:57 PM, JB said:

Nice to see this park here on ParkCrafters. I followed your progress on Shyguy's World. Your username there was Forlocke? (Or something like that?) I remember parks, but I sometimes forget the creators names. 🙃

It was indeed 4Locke!! Good memory on that one 😉 can't wait to keep sharing more progress here!

On 8/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, Gin said:

I'm really digging your queues - well done!

The Peter Pan ride is also really cool. It takes a lot of patience and dedication to pull these rides off.

Well done.

Thank you! Peter Pan is probably the ride that has taken the most time and patience within this whole project for sure. Glad you liked it!

On 8/11/2023 at 3:18 PM, wolfpaw said:

Welcome to ParkCrafters!! It's so weird having been to WDW in Florida my whole life and seeing mountains behind the castle like that 🤣

Looking great so far!

Haha I could totally see that!! Definitely a different type of scenery for a US based park 😂 but thank you, can't wait to share more!

On 8/11/2023 at 7:25 PM, Cody said:

Another project is here from SGW! Plus it is Disney so it definitely caught my eye! Looks really detailed and I love the Pooh queue elements.

I used to make Winnie The Pooh a spinning coaster in my Disney creations for something different, but also I think it adds to the chaos of the Heffalumps section. 

Peter Pan is an interesting attraction to make in any game, probably one of the most difficult in terms of not building too high vertically in terms of the ride buildings. I will say you nailed it and the facade is amazing and does its job!

I am ready for more because this is a great start! 

Glad to be here and see some familiar names from SGW! Really happy there's another community for sharing this project. Thanks for the compliment on the Pooh queue! I really wanted to make the first part of the queue be the inside of Pooh's house and the second part which you'll see later is the Hundred Acre Woods. Really happy with how that turned out. Peter Pan was extremely difficult to achieve but I'm happy with the way that it turned out, thank you again!! Excited to share more for sure!! 😀

16 hours ago, Wabigbear said:

VERY atmospheric and the use of billboard is fantastic.  Love all the detailing, and especially like the queue on the Pooh ride, that's really done well, the tree roots coming through the dirt walls is spot-on!

Thank you so much!! It's much appreciated! I'm a sucker for creating the fine details within the queues and attractions and I'm happy that it's being noticed. I also love combining screens with the scenery in a way that looks seamless. Thanks again for your positive feedback! 😁

• 2 weeks later...
21 minutes ago, Disneyland Colorado Resort said:

So... I just discovered that through this site, there are attachment limits which I've almost met already, after one post? Is there a way to do embedded photos like ShyGuy'sWorld forum? If not, I may have to resort to only YouTube videos which I'll then post here. Thanks!

There's currently a maximum storage of attachment storage of 100 MB per member as all files get uploaded and take up space on the server. We currently just opened this community so if it continues to grow and our server needs become greater we will definitely upgrade. If you're looking to still share images you can upload to image-sharing websites such as Imgur and copy and paste the link into your post to embed the image here. If you need more help on this, there's a tutorial here on how to post content to ParkCrafters!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

4 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

There's currently a maximum storage of attachment storage of 100 MB per member as all files get uploaded and take up space on the server. We currently just opened this community so if it continues to grow and our server needs become greater we will definitely upgrade. If you're looking to still share images you can upload to image-sharing websites such as Imgur and copy and paste the link into your post to embed the image here. If you need more help on this, there's a tutorial here on how to post content to ParkCrafters!

Oh okay, that makes sense!! Thank you for the response :) I appreciate it. I'll keep that in mind!

• Like 1

We're definitely always looking for ways to improve the community for everyone so this will definitely be looked at again in the future!

Hey everyone! I've got a new update for Disneyland Park Colorado with new details and attractions in Fantasyland! This update will include The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, King Arthur's Carousel, Mickey's Philharmagic and Pinocchio's Daring Journey. Let's get started!

The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh dark ride attraction has been completed. The following images include new details in the queue/loading area:

oBMbMM.png

xevl7W.png

ZNyr4N.png

e1Nucj.png

The next set of images include images from the inside of the attraction itself:

x5fvUE.png

Xwg8Sq.png

CrAjGy.png

jfWUEC.png

mjzCd3.png

oIE97G.png

f9ioFg.png

e6Qx38.png

CCu6ru.png

28o4hw.png

Nuo1iD.png

1VoyGH.png

IPFijy.png

GkTfsC.png

55G9fh.png

8Ka0Ap.png

aH2WfZ.png

The King Arthur's Carousel attraction has also been completed. The following images include details in the queue/ride area:

X5TYmV.png

U7Tlxk.png

The following images include details in the queue/building area for another completed attraction, Mickey's Philharmagic:

vj2o2n.png

0IK58E.png

fHMqCX.png

The newest attraction that has been completed recently is the Pinocchio's Daring Journey dark ride. The following images include new details in the building/queue/loading area:

jY7kCo.png

swpJWQ.png

4wuLey.png

68IKs3.png

The last set of images here include images from the inside of the Pinocchio attraction itself:

eYU1JM.png

N6EobS.png

mLKaYt.png

unFxah.png

GLN9XW.png

Ax7lh6.png

dmMqo0.png

YZaJba.png

9MRh8s.png

ornH8t.png

6j1a8m.png

bBvk23.png

7eKL3B.png

CNl2In.png

j1HF6m.png

semjBH.png

Thanks for checking out this update! Be back next month with a new update! :)

vqgMID.png

Edited by Disneyland Colorado Resort
  • Love 1

Your dark ride interiors are wonderful! (Including the queues.) The interior lighting especially, is spot on and really captures that 'dark ride' look and feel. And through the strategic placement of characters and billboards, you succeed in telling the story in a plain and simple manner. I especially liked the Heffalumps and Woozles section of the Pooh attraction. And the Pleasure Island scenes from Pinocchio.

WE'RE ALL GONNA TURN INTO DONKEYS!!! But it'll be worth it to experience the joys of Pleasure Island.🎡🎢

Edited by JB

Those two shots of the Heffalumps scene are terrifying. I don't know if it's the eerily dark lighting casting shadows on crude shapes or what, but YIKES. If Disneyland Park Colorado ever did a mature-oriented Halloween event, that room right there could be an attraction all on its own. 

There's one small detail I love, and it's that billboard of Geppetto washed over in blue light. He's supposed to be holding a lantern, and you accomplished that with an actual lantern! I also like that guests have to squeeze through that tiny crack in the wall to get to the Pooh queue. 

kQngDQ2.png

Oh man, this is really giving me nostalgia vibes from the old Fantasyland before they revamped it with all the new castles and such. You've perfectly captured the dark ride feel of these "kid" rides (which in the end are more terrifying than kid-friendly, haha)! I remember in Magic Kingdom in WDW there used to be a Winnie the Pooh ride and yours reminds me so much of it, it's crazy. Haven't thought about that ride in years - thanks for the nice throwback! Your park so far is absolutely nailing that 90's classic Disney look!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing beats a good classic Fantasyland dark ride! Having them in your parks also helps with the higher capacity and in the long run, revenue! Hope you have the lightning lane (priority pass) queues in your attractions because those will be very popular! I am always excited to see how this project develops and I am looking forward to more! 

• 2 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I've got a new update for Disneyland Park Colorado with the completion of the Be Our Guest restaurant in Fantasyland as well as minor details in the Frontierland and Treasure Cove areas of the park. This will be a fairly quick update so let's get on with it! 😁

If we turn the corner, just past the Pinocchio's Daring Journey attraction, we find a path alongside a fountain and some restrooms within the Storybook Village sub-area of the land.

pmegpzuJp

Continuing down the path, past the Restrooms, we find ourselves on a mountainside trail, filled with rocky cliffs and high-rising trees.

cphX3h.png

A little further down the mountainside trail, we find the Be Our Guest Restaurant along the left side. The next few images show off the restaurant exterior as well as the area beside it.

ywT6mE.png

26lXOi.png

6UsLmC.png

ixV4MT.png

VrQqVO.png

Just past the restaurant exterior and entrance/exit bridge, the path moves out of Fantasyland and into a small section of Frontierland.

Dw8uKL.png

This small section of Frontierland is the Big Thunder Trail sub-area, which faces the back of the Big Thunder Mountain Railroad attraction. The trail includes areas to rest as well as lookout telescopes to check out the peaks of Big Thunder Mountain and watch the trains pass by. The next couple images show off this area.

ZpGjWr.png

XjkSgM.png

The trail continues, moving out of this small section of Frontierland and into the Treasure Cove area of the park.

xgdAGU.png

This last image gives a look at Big Thunder Trail from the Treasure Cove side.

3d1KAV.png

Thanks for checking out my newest update! More to come, very soon 😎

• Like 2
  • Love 1

As always, you manage to capture the look and feel of a Disney park but still make it your own. That's a grand entrance to the Be Our Guest restaurant; perfectly suited for the Beast's Castle. I love the two pictures showing the castles surrounded by trees and rocky outcroppings. In the last image, I like how you separated the two lands with that small tunnel; it keeps the lands from visually intruding on each other.