Disneyland Park Colorado

Fantastic additions, everything looks so tightly organized and detailed. What @Wowman mentioned is something I never really thought about with themed areas in parks (I'm not much of a park designer here, haha) - I've never noticed how to properly transition from one area to the next but you did it pretty well! Amazing update as usual, excited to see what you do next!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

• 3 weeks later...

Hello! I've got a new update for Disneyland Park Colorado with the early development of Fantasyland's newest sub-area, Dumbo's Circus and its two attractions as well as the completion of the trail from Treasure Cove to Fantasyland. Let's get into it!

Let's head back to Fantasyland, moving along the finished trail through Frontierland.

F1rw8d.png

fTN4DR.png

Moving back into Fantasyland, past the Be Our Guest Restaurant, you can already see the initial progress of the Dumbo's Circus sub-area ahead.

8CXiTi.png

Here's a look at Fantasyland's new Ice Cream cart, near Be Our Guest.

uhFQ44.png

A pretty cool picture looking towards part of the Storybook Village sub-area. You can see The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh on the left as well as the spires and top of Cinderella's Castle, on the right.

6mU0Hj.png

Now, let's look at the Dumbo's Circus sub-area in its early development. The first attraction has been completed which is Dumbo the Flying Elephant, seen in the images below.

GWco3u.png

21OlbZ.png

2SQmta.png

The last two images show the stairway and entrance for Casey Jr's Circus Train, the other attraction in this small sub-area.

TEPgOi.png

4XtQTN.png

Thanks for checking out my newest update! 😎

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

I love how you're not just changing the foliage of the park to match the new setting, but you're also taking the landscape into consideration. Hills in Disney!? As a Floridian who has been going to WDW for many years, that is something that is very new to see in a park that resembles Magic Kingdom 😆

Great work so far, love what you're doing with the path edges too!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Dumbo looks awesome! I agree with Wolfpaw, the varying terrain is something new. I think the varying terrain helps add charm to some areas especially Fantasyland, makes it seem more whimsical and close to settings in movies.

Amazing as usual!!!

On 10/6/2023 at 6:35 PM, Cody said:

I agree with Wolfpaw, the varying terrain is something new. I think the varying terrain helps add charm to some areas especially Fantasyland, makes it seem more whimsical and close to settings in movies.

On 10/6/2023 at 6:08 PM, wolfpaw said:

I love how you're not just changing the foliage of the park to match the new setting, but you're also taking the landscape into consideration.

THIS! I couldn't quite place why this park looked so unique in the theme park sim world (at least from what I've seen), and apart from your wondrous ride theming, it's definitely the interactive landscape! There's a beautiful touch of realism brought to the park when you have actual steps leading you from one elevation to another. 

kQngDQ2.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hello and welcome back for a quick little update with new Fantasyland details and developments.

Work has completed on the queue and loading area dock for the Casey Jr's Circus Train attraction as can be seen in the next few images. You also get a good look at the Fantasyland environment from this area!

s5Iluc.png

PaikLz.png

mGvXDa.png

Another attraction, just around the corner from the circus train is Storybook Land Canal Boats. The train will move around the area of the canal boats. Let's take a look at the early construction of this attraction! This attraction is very similar to the Storybook Land Canal Boats in Disneyland California and will have many miniature displays of different Disney storybooks and fairy tales including Pinocchio...

nWYaLI.png

Brave...

Rstdab.png

The Three Little Pigs...

28mlwX.png

Alice in Wonderland...

27hSgQ.png

Peter Pan...

7QgoYP.png

and plenty more to see in the next update with the continued progress of this attraction! Thanks for checking this update out! :)

Love the fanciful table umbrellas; very suitable for Fantasyland. I also love that you're including the Canal Boats; one of the few early Disneyland attractions to still survive. Monstro looks like he's holding his breath, and is about to explode! 🐳🎆

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hey again! New update for Disneyland Park Colorado with the finished development of the Dumbo's Circus sub-area in Fantasyland as well as the finished development of the Storybook Land Canal Boats attraction.

Let's start with Storybook Land Canal Boats, continuing the progress from the last update. The final construction on the entrance/garden area for the attraction can be seen in the photo below:

rbSHCp.png

The newest additions to the attraction include Aladdin...
K3G57K.png

G79icK.png

T0XT5M.png

Snow White and the Seven Dwarves, Sleeping Beauty...
WI8nu6.png

fxeqws.png

The Princess and the Frog, The Wind in the Willows...
0i4YDY.png

bKmb0A.png

Frozen, Brave...

EVxxqB.png

xDZefC.png

and The Little Mermaid.
2SpBo3.png

Now let's check out the final details and construction of another Fantasyland attraction that was in progress in the previous update- Casey Jr. Circus Train.

5Huh1D.png

The next set of photos show off the view from around the attraction's track.
Lsodyh.png

MOBPrO.png

Jrv7Ak.png

zjOtFe.png

WvbvOf.png

GoUkvN.png

r0R09Y.png

GxvhSd.png

Finally, we'll take a look at some of the final details from the finished small Dumbo's Circus sub-area.
BXpryp.png

bBQMmm.png

2Dbihk.png

kdJGW2.png

7nAAl1.png

Thanks for checking it out! 😎

Edited by Disneyland Colorado Resort
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

Still so crazy for me to see a Disney park with mountains in the background, haha - very lovely scenery you have in this area. The foliage you have works very well with your layout, those shots of overlooking that stream you have are very beautiful. Nice work so far!

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone! Lately, I've been making various tweaks and adjustments around previous areas in the park, outside of Fantasyland so new progress halted a bit these last couple months. I recently just started working on new developments again in the Storybook Village sub-area of the park which we'll check out with this quick update.

Before we get into these new details, let's check out a quick detail in the Fantasy Faire sub-area of Fantasyland. I added a menu to the Maurice's Treats food cart as you can see in the below image:

jOFAwX.png

Now, onto new details in the Storybook Village sub-area of Fantasyland. In the next few images, you can see the completed entrance, exit and queue of the Storybook Land Canal Boats attraction:

JvMYvp.png

14SqUO.png

Sc3Wji.png

Next, I'll give a sneak peek at the newest section being developed in the Storybook Village sub-area. The next two images show the early progress of the Mad Hatter shop and Mad Tea Party attraction in the land:

3Nm1VN.png

Zmw6WL.png

Since this was a quick update, the last few images will show off some different views and unseen details in the Fantasyland area of the park:

xpaGep.png

mNp2hx.png

de3gg4.png

Thanks for checking out this update! See you next time with much more details! 😄

• Like 3

Maurice says, "Try the grey stuff it's delicious!". I'm always delighted to see how "Disney" this park is. 🙂  Really nice job on the Storybook Land floral. (Monstro still makes me chuckle. :classic_smile:) The Mad Tea Party is looking elegant, beautiful, and fun.

23 hours ago, JB said:

Maurice says, "Try the grey stuff it's delicious!". I'm always delighted to see how "Disney" this park is. 🙂  Really nice job on the Storybook Land floral. (Monstro still makes me chuckle. :classic_smile:) The Mad Tea Party is looking elegant, beautiful, and fun.

I’m glad you’re enjoying the Disney charm I’ve been going for with this park! Storybook Land was a challenge at times but I’m especially happy with how the floral entrance turned out. I’m looking forward to sharing more with the Alice in Wonderland theme with this Mad Tea Party attraction, shop, as well as another surprise attraction soon that will fit well in the area. And I know monstro looks so goofy doesn’t he 😂😂

This park is beautiful! I like how you are handling the Disney IPs with the Planet Coaster attractions, it is a bit tougher than what we have in RCT3. I might need to stop by Maurice's Treats, hopefully during the cold months you have hot chocolate.....or is this resort in a bubble 😆. Excellent work! 

• 1 month later...
Posted (edited)

Hey! Back for another update as I've made quite a bit of progress in the newest section of the Storybook Village sub-area in Fantasyland. Let's take a look at the new developments!

First, here is a view of the path that connects both sides of the Storybook Village area.

JtBGhr.jpg

Just around the corner from here, you can find the Mad Hatter shop.

mhPEaW.jpg

I also finished building the Mad Tea Party attraction as well as the queue area. The next few images show this progress.

x2Krtf.jpg

SzzqQC.jpg

jNRnnS.jpg

YHbAiE.jpg

Since finishing Mad Tea Party, I moved over to work on Alice's Curious Labyrinth- another attraction in the area. The next few images show off this progress:

WZursK.jpg

7SdgFC.jpg

JxUPFE.jpg

vsXSO5.jpg

V29bUF.jpg

0LQZYg.jpg

a8bDwj.jpg

k5o0yi.jpg

BeKf3J.jpg

ZmzaaL.jpg

That's all for this update! I'll be back soon as I finish this attraction as well as the start progress on the nearby Tangled dark-ride attraction.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hey everyone! I'm back for a new update in the Storybook Village sub-area of Fantasyland. Let's take a look at the latest progress as I've finished the Alice's Curious Labyrinth attraction and I've made some progress on the early development of the newest attraction and dark ride across the way... Tangled.

First, here are a couple photos of the final details on Alice's Curious Labyrinth:

P8CVNu.png

j6p2s5.png

In the next photo, you can see the exit area to this attraction as well as a sign, leading us across the path, to the Tangled dark ride attraction.

gqwjt8.png

The last set of photos for this update will show of the early progress of Tangled- including the exterior facade, queue and show building interior.

qk78DP.png

1SXF36.png

Olw3t8.png

O4sT6L.png

vGfu3P.png

Nyvmke.png

AweKbY.png

8p0jx9.png

That's all for today! 😁  In the next update, we'll continue on the progress of the Tangled attraction!

• Love 1