The Call - wolfpaw | Completed Work

wolfpaw

The Call Logo.png

Hold the last burning ember, let us never surrender... may we rise unto The Call.

The Call | wolfpaw

Coming Soon

*This is my first work-in-progress show with regular updates since the vPyro days. Check back frequently for new images and trailers!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 6/3/2023 at 12:55 PM, Cody said:

Wow! I have always loved the backdrops of your shows, would be great in amphitheaters.

Thanks Cody! I know it's no Harmonious.. so hopefully you'll like it! ?

17 hours ago, OldBones said:

YES. YES. YES. YES. YES. 

I am HERE FOR THIS!

YES YES YES YOU ARE, WOO!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

The Call Logo.png

For the beat and the broken, for the lost and forsaken...

• Like 1
  • Love 1

HALLO YES I'M ANSWERING THE CALL

LOVEEE 2WEI. What a dynamite trailer you put together. I'm drooling..... Seriously, this may be one of the most epic shows produced to date. MOVE OVER ILYXR, YOU'VE BEEN DETHRONED. 

Looks like you got the 4K filming trick to work! Will that Park Crafters splash be available to download for the rest of us peons? nevermind im a dumbdumb its in the downloads already JEEZ ?

Edited by OldBones
  • Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

1 hour ago, OldBones said:

HALLO YES I'M ANSWERING THE CALL

LOVEEE 2WEI. What a dynamite trailer you put together. I'm drooling..... Seriously, this may be one of the most epic shows produced to date. MOVE OVER ILYXR, YOU'VE BEEN DETHRONED. 

Looks like you got the 4K filming trick to work! Will that Park Crafters splash be available to download for the rest of us peons? ?

If any random old ilyxr members stumble on this site, you're so dead ☠️

And yes!! The trick that Wilhelm pointed out in his thread worked, he showed me how to do it and it works perfectly! This is huge for us pyro people, it looks so good (I could legit kiss Wilhelm, yes I'm willing to say that publicly not just in private, Wilhelm). He said he will be putting together a tutorial on how to do this, so be on the lookout for that! If you want to record something ASAP, I'm sure he could help you or reach out to me and I can show you how to do it as well!

As for the ParkCrafters splash, yes it's available for everyone to use! Here's a link to the media pack that I put up for download yesterday so everyone can use the logo and intro videos for their own projects. Thanks for the compliment as usual, Kablary?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

If any random old ilyxr members stumble on this site, you're so dead ☠️

And yes!! The trick that Wilhelm pointed out in his thread worked, he showed me how to do it and it works perfectly! This is huge for us pyro people, it looks so good (I could legit kiss Wilhelm, yes I'm willing to say that publicly not just in private, Wilhelm). He said he will be putting together a tutorial on how to do this, so be on the lookout for that! If you want to record something ASAP, I'm sure he could help you or reach out to me and I can show you how to do it as well!

As for the ParkCrafters splash, yes it's available for everyone to use! Here's a link to the media pack that I put up for download yesterday so everyone can use the logo and intro videos for their own projects. Thanks for the compliment as usual, Kablary?

I'm sure Claudio, Mike, or even Ben would agree ? I'm so stupidly excited to see how this progresses, Wolfie! Thanks for the info on the media pack - I found it probably 30 seconds before you replied to me. Really enjoy the variety of items available in it!

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

16 minutes ago, OldBones said:

I'm sure Claudio, Mike, or even Ben would agree ? I'm so stupidly excited to see how this progresses, Wolfie! Thanks for the info on the media pack - I found it probably 30 seconds before you replied to me. Really enjoy the variety of items available in it!

The main reason why I'm doing this show and chose "The Call" as a theme is because I plan on randomly sending this to as many vPyro people I can get in touch with and tell them go 'answer the call' and getting them back into the community! So, you actually might be seeing some familiar faces soon ?

I'm glad you're excited for the show too! You don't know how happy it makes me to see there's still people interested in pyro and my little shows! ?

8 hours ago, Bookworm91 said:

I have certainly answered the call!  Looks awesome!  I’m sooooo happy to be in a RCT3 community again ?

Thanks bookworm!! I'm happy to be back as well, it's always a blast to release a new show and trailer and see the hype!

55 minutes ago, CrazHadder said:

Wow, Look how bad this looks!! ?  Seriously, though, I cannot believe your brought this old set back to use, lol.  I am looking forward to this show being complete.  Trailer was epic!!

Haha, I never thought this set would get used again either but it's so good! Was it you that built this set? I don't remember exactly (definitely wasn't me, was never my strong suit). Awesome to see you back in the community as well! ?

• 2 weeks later...

The Call Logo.png

Now we rise unto The Call...

The Call Final Tease.jpg

Coming June 24th, 2023

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OldBones said:

I think those "Flamenco" aerial effects you designed are my favorite! June 24th can't come fast enough. 

The "Ninja Flare" effects? I think Jaron did made it tho

"You have this one life. Choose well." ~Aurora

On 6/22/2023 at 5:18 PM, AceHusky said:

Man, I'm really looking forward to this! Looks like top-tier choreography, lasers, and pyrotechnics to me so far!

Thanks, hope you like the show tomorrow!

18 hours ago, OldBones said:

I think those "Flamenco" aerial effects you designed are my favorite! June 24th can't come fast enough. 

Anon is right, that's an ID effect made by Jaron I believe!

5 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

Thanks, hope you like the show tomorrow!

Anon is right, that's an ID effect made by Jaron I believe!

23 hours ago, Anon-P said:

The "Ninja Flare" effects? I think Jaron did made it tho

I think my username should change to "OldBrains." 👴 Thanks for the correction, fellas. I haven't actually played with that pack of effects in a couple of years. Sorry, Juhron, if you should ever poke your head in here...

• Haha 3

kQngDQ2.png

3 hours ago, Regentbird said:

Just found this thread. Wow. I heard rct3 had fireworks but damn. Those are next level.  Incredible work @wolfpaw

Thanks, glad you like it! It's a very small portion of the community here but vibrant nonetheless! Hope you enjoy the show later today 🙃

The Call Header.jpg

"Hold the last burning ember, let us never surrender... may we rise unto The Call."

'The Call' is an inspirational pyrotechnic show created in RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 that uses fireworks, lasers, and fountains to show the history of the pyro community and a reignition to its bright future. Will you answer the call?

I hope you enjoy the show - this one was fun to make!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• wolfpaw changed the title to The Call - wolfpaw | Completed Works
  • wolfpaw changed the title to The Call - wolfpaw | Completed Work
3 hours ago, CrazHadder said:

all the effect choices just fit in every placement

1 hour ago, Anon-P said:

I think this one is actually a masterclass from ya

These two quotes sum up The Call perfectly. From those faintest of firefly embers dancing over the lake at 1:23 to the roaring crescendo at 4:22, everything was so tightly-synced and mood-enchanced. That 4K 60 fps filming is a total game changer! The RCT3 MixMaster feels completely reinvigorated.

I think one of the strongest elements of your particular flavor of showcrafting, at least in this outing, is your more subdued color palettes. Instead of the expected green/blue/purple, we get seafoam/pastel turquoise/dried lavendar. Even in your "firebird suite" everything still feels VERY powerful, but without the hyper-bright oranges and reds, instead relying on terracotta and burgundy tones. These muted colors allow the feature effects to come forward - like the fire cannons and LED screens - but don't lose any of their beauty or character. 

Congrats on sending out the call, Wolfie. May all the throngs of players old and new answer and come join the new ParkCrafting community.

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

On 6/24/2023 at 9:16 PM, CrazHadder said:

Uhh....hmm...

I've already watched the show twice and I am still lost.  I wanted to watch everything!!!  (lol)  Well done!!  The lasers were fantastic, and all the effect choices just fit in every placement.

Thanks, Craz! Glad you liked it 🤩

On 6/24/2023 at 11:12 PM, Anon-P said:

I'm so speechless. You did banger after banger but, I think this one is actually a masterclass from ya

Thanks, Anon! I'm really happy with how this one turned out!

On 6/25/2023 at 1:01 AM, OldBones said:

These two quotes sum up The Call perfectly. From those faintest of firefly embers dancing over the lake at 1:23 to the roaring crescendo at 4:22, everything was so tightly-synced and mood-enchanced. That 4K 60 fps filming is a total game changer! The RCT3 MixMaster feels completely reinvigorated.

I think one of the strongest elements of your particular flavor of showcrafting, at least in this outing, is your more subdued color palettes. Instead of the expected green/blue/purple, we get seafoam/pastel turquoise/dried lavendar. Even in your "firebird suite" everything still feels VERY powerful, but without the hyper-bright oranges and reds, instead relying on terracotta and burgundy tones. These muted colors allow the feature effects to come forward - like the fire cannons and LED screens - but don't lose any of their beauty or character. 

Congrats on sending out the call, Wolfie. May all the throngs of players old and new answer and come join the new ParkCrafting community.

Thanks so much! The 4k 60fps has completely inspired me to continue making shows, the result looks so good. I'm so glad you all joined this community and are keeping RCT3 alive, this all reminds me of the old vPyro days that I've missed so much! Thanks for the awesome compliment Kablary 💖