Disney's America Park - Bench Four...I mean THREE by Citytrader and Wagi

Wabigbear

This is such a wacky area of the park, you're really nailing the perfect vibe so far. You also fooled me again with that vintage photo 🫠

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

JB, the Dewdrop is a slide he made with the haunted pretzel track. Non functional, but looks fantastic! Wolfpaw, thans for the kind words!

Moving off to the north of Bostocks, we come upon the path leading to the circus!

20230615195028_1.jpg

On the other side, the narrow path connects to the coaster walkway that meanders it's way down to Victory Field past some typical Victorian era shops and attractions;

20230615194609_1.jpg

There's a small mirror maze attraction themed to Alice in Wonderland along the row of shops;

20230615194628_1.jpg

Edited by citytrader
  • Like 3

I THINK the sign is actually "Le Vingt-Sept", which if I recall my French class from 50 years ago that I skipped out of continually, means "Twenty-seven", the same as the number there. 

I'm not exactly sure the significance of the name in the game.  I think there's like 24 shops, not counting the info, first aid or restrooms, so maybe that's it?

I forget what that shop even sells...I think it was quiche or something?  I know bacon and eggplant were add-ons...now I'll have to go look...  😄

It sells baguette sandwiches.

The circus can be entered two ways. From the Promenade by taking the path near Bostocks, or along the main path leading from Enterprise and New Orleans. We saw the Bostock entrance, here's the entrance from Enterprise;

Ent 1.jpg

Ent 2.jpg

The train has pulled in and is unloading;

Train.jpg

One of the first tents up is the Commisary;

Comm.jpg

Edited by citytrader
  • Like 1

Love that first shot, colors of this area are beautiful too - keep the awesome updates coming!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Wowman, Wagi created some new pieces that work beautifully with Vampiro's striped walls. It ain't perfect, but it works pretty well. I deliberately left out exterior poles and guy wires on most of the tents for safety's sake! You can see them here on the comfort station.

Thank you, wolfpaw!

The Colonel Parker Circus is based on the Disney classic Toby Tyler movie. Bathrooms are tucked off in a corner;

Circus bath.jpg

The centerpiece of Circus Square is the Venetian Carousel. You can catch a glimpse of the big top in the background;

Circus Carousel.jpg

In front of the railroad tracks, a small carnival wheel has been set up;

Circus Train.jpg

Looks like Dumbo has decided to join Toby Tyler in his circus adventure;

20230615195132_1.jpg

Edited by citytrader
  • Like 2

One normally sees Timothy Mouse atop a 'Dumbo' ride, cracking his whip. But here, the tables are turned, with Dumbo overseeing the ride. Timothy must have been sent to the churro mines. Is that Rock-O-Plane ride an actual in-game ride, or a static creation? It's very realistic.

• Like 1

Makes me wish Planet Coaster had an Aerophile balloon ride in-game. We got one as a CFR in RCT3, but the realism of Planet Coaster would probably make it interesting. It would be an awesome addition to this park and skyline. 

I am in love with all of the details and see a lot of influences from the real-world Disney parks in much of the details. Ready for more as always! 

• Like 1

Ugh you guys make me want to open up Planet Coaster and start a new park project but then I realize I'll never be able to make one look as good as this 🥲

Amazing as always!

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. Wagi and I have worked really hard on this, well he has anyway, and it's nice to finally be able to release all these benches!

Here's the entrance to the Big Top, not quite ready to open yet. The first show is at 11:00!

image.jpeg.e7243364105f5bc48c2720ef1a9d84f3.jpeg

The elephaants are practicing a new trick;

image.jpeg.8b2c003c66ca44855e147e466639f794.jpeg

image.jpeg.0eff25524bdaf792f2016d1737fef5a7.jpeg

Back along the Midway, Clown Alley is a thinly diguised Zipper ride!

image.jpeg.5b3d8d5c3999b2df3cd55667edb69d70.jpeg

Old timey version!

image.jpeg.9007389614a0d2c0edec184c32f6bfad.jpeg

• Like 2

Whoa, I didn't realize that the Circus was 'open air', roofless. I expected a Big Top tent or an indoor convention center type of thing. But I actually like this better! It looks great under natural sunlight. More exciting! Hey, you can't fool me with that old postcard trick again. To quote an ex-president: "Fool me once, shame on... shame on you. Fool me--- you can't get fooled again".😛  Looks great.

• Like 2

Whoa ("whoa" is my word-of-the-day today), It's a tough choice to say which is creepier: The Planco toothy guy, or the Steeplechase Park toothy guy. I like that the circus animals have proper outdoor pens to wander around in, not just some cramped indoor cages.

• Like 1

It's frustrating when the textures on some of the Planco stuff degrade when the park gets to a certain size...yet the textures for TMTK items remain sharp´, even if they use smaller textures.  I understand the reasons, but doesn't change the fact that they look like crap after a certain point!  (And our texture setting in the game are cranked up too...).

As for the outdoor pens for the animals, I actually imagine Disney wouldn't use live trained animals in any circus show in this day and age, the circus would be more like a Cirque du Soleil show without the animals.  But this is a tip of the hat to the historical circus in the States from years ago, especially the Toby Tyler era. 

We can always pretend they are animatronics! 

Those big top open tent performance area shots take me right back to when I used to play Shrine Circus Tycoon as a wee lad. 'Cept you didn't have lush open pads for your circus animals to roam around in with that game....

It's silly, but I love the asymmetry of the layout of this bench! It feels very organic, with your rolliecoaster sorta tying the area together. Does the coaster run during Circus Animal performances? I wonder if the noise of people screaming would be a hinderence on the animals' behavior during a show.

kQngDQ2.png

Thanks for all the comments everyone!

The building behind the circus leading to the corral areas is admittedly weird looking.  Directly behind the circus area are two train tracks, so originally I was trying to come up with just a smallish backstage area, but then wondered how they would get animals and such back there, so there is a series of ramps leading from the area, over the tracks, and then back down to ground level.  You can kind of make out the roofs over the ramps in the next to last screenshot above.  Realistic?  Hardly.  I don't think getting a two ton elephant to willingly walk up and down ramps for two performances a day plus a matinee on weekends would be that easy!  Perhaps there's also an industrial-strength service elevator inside as well...  LOL!

• Haha 1