How to Install a RCT3 CT

ElianGames15

Hello, lately i've been constantly re-uploading CTs that were originally uploaded on the defunct website RealTycoon3, and i feel like people will wonder how to install these, due to the lack of "READ-ME" txts in the ZIPs ive provided.

Once you've downloaded the CTs, you'll be met with 3 folders. One is named "Style-Themed", the other "TrackedRides", and the other "TrackedRideCars".

Each folder contains one, two or more folders.

The contents of "Style-Themed" go on:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon 3/Style/Themed.

or if you have downloaded the game via Steam:

C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RollerCoasterTycoon 3 Complete Edition/Style/Themed.

The contents of "TrackedRides" go on:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon 3/tracks/TrackedRides

C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RollerCoasterTycoon 3 Complete Edition/tracks/TrackedRides.

And finally, the contents of "TrackedRideCars" go on:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon 3/Cars/TrackedRideCars

C:/ProgramFiles (x86)/Steam/steamapps/common/RollerCoasterTycoon 3 Complete Edition/Cars/TrackedRideCars.

Alright, hope this helps!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ElianGames15 said:

C:/Program Files (x86)/Atari/RollerCoasterTycoon 3/Style/Themed.

Since RCT3 can be installed anywhere, you should make the path to the install directory generic in your information, such as this:

---

{RCT3 Install Directory}\Style\Themed

---

(also note, the slashes are backslashes, not forward slashes)

For example, my RCT3 is installed on "D:\Roller Coaster Tycoon 3 Platinum\" This way, regardless of where the person has installed their copy of RCT3, the instructions still apply.

Hope this helps! :^)

The idea is to keep an open mind... just not so open that your brains fall out. - Harry Anderson

• wolfpaw changed the title to How to Install a RCT3 CT
  • 4 months later...

I have recently started testing out CT coasters, after returning to this game from planet coaster, but I can't get the supports to appear when I place the rides. I have put the folder in the style/themed folder, but I can't get the supports to appear for any of the CTs I have downloaded. Does anyone know what could be causing this/how to fix it?

2 hours ago, GeorgeGaming said:

I have recently started testing out CT coasters, after returning to this game from planet coaster, but I can't get the supports to appear when I place the rides. I have put the folder in the style/themed folder, but I can't get the supports to appear for any of the CTs I have downloaded. Does anyone know what could be causing this/how to fix it?

From what I know, most of the supports require you to have the custom scenery installed that the supports were made from. What specific CTR are you downloading? It might be possible that some of the CS was accidentally omitted from that particular file.

kQngDQ2.png

15 hours ago, Kablary said:

From what I know, most of the supports require you to have the custom scenery installed that the supports were made from. What specific CTR are you downloading? It might be possible that some of the CS was accidentally omitted from that particular file.

I have tried with the following Cts:

Real tycoon 3's Flying Dutchman Ct

Real tycoon 3's I305 Ct

Real tycoon 3's Millenium Force Ct

Real tycoon 3's The Beast Ct

RTCK1 Magnum XL-200 Ct

Edited by GeorgeGaming

18 hours ago, GeorgeGaming said:

The supports won't appear automatically, you have manually to place them ingame, after building the coaster, from the Walls and buildings or the Scenery lists...

On 4/5/2024 at 5:22 PM, FrancesCoaster said:

The supports won't appear automatically, you have manually to place them ingame, after building the coaster, from the Walls and buildings or the Scenery lists...

Thank you! I don't know how I didn't notice those in there, but I believe I have found all of the supports.