Planet Coaster 2

Wowman

Figured I would start this thread as there is a lot of talk out on the forums and social media that Frontier may be announcing PC2 in the coming week (at some gamecon...sorry, can't recall the name of it as I started typing this). Lets see what happens. I have noticed that they have also been posting more PC stuff on FB recently, almost like they are trying to make it more front row again.

2 hours ago, JB said:

Now comes the big question, and speculation, of whether PC2 will be compatible with PC1.

No way. If they employ the new Cobra engine (which they have to), it won't be compatible.

The show is in Germany, can't think of the name either, but it ends tomorrow, so if they are going to announce, it would be then.

• Like 1

Yea, Gamescom is going on right now and there are tons of new releases and it's rumored that Frontier will unveil something. If they unveil it, it would be today so we'll have to wait and see!

Hoping they do, there have been rumors of Planco 2 for years now, really curious what they would do with a sequel.

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

DeLadysigner has an interesting take on a possible PC2.  While admittedly she knows little more than the rest of us, her break down has some good points and you have to take her connections into consideration.  She predicts that Frontier will announce another big title in the Spring of next year, with release in the winter before Christmas.  That's based on a bunch of things, like that leaked plan, and Frontier's own announcement os a new title during fiscal year.

You can listen to her on this video...

Is she right?   Who knows?

• Like 2

Gamescom ends Sunday, August 27th so lets hope they still release something 🤞

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

1. The ability to create live shows with custom sets, sequences, automation, etc.
  2. The ability to create dark rides during the day.
  3. The ability to use all paint styles in custom sandbox.
  4. The ability to better customize pathway slopes, stairs, and post-edit without having to delete, and redo it.
  5. A Particle Engine as the one in RCT3 for pyro making.
  6. A Mixmaster for show-making!

I'm sure I'm missing a ton of other things I'd really like to see in Planco2, but these are the ones I could quickly come up with.

• Like 2

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

The only thing I ask is for a proper mixmaster and firework designer like RCT3. Us pyro people never got our next-gen game and are still stuck in RCT3 😥

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

Us pyro people never got our next-gen game and are still stuck in RCT3 😥

You can hardly say we're stuck anymore. All the developments made with the AFE (as painstakingly meticulous as I understand it can be), scenery creation via Sketchup and the like, and now UHD 60fps recording, all have really brought the game into the "current" generation. I feel like with a more powerful game engine with some many UI enhancements in the MixMaster and related menus, RCT3 could continue to be the best fireworks sim. Definitely not the dominating theme park sim....but the best fireworks sim. 

IS AN UPGRADED FIREWORKS ENGINE TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR, FRONTIER?! 

Edited by Kablary
  • Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

2 hours ago, Kablary said:

You can hardly say we're stuck anymore. All the developments made with the AFE (as painstakingly meticulous as I understand it can be), scenery creation via Sketchup and the like, and now UHD 60fps recording, all have really brought the game into the "current" generation. I feel like with a more powerful game engine with some many UI enhancements in the MixMaster and related menus, RCT3 could continue to be the best fireworks sim. Definitely not the dominating theme park sim....but the best fireworks sim. 

IS AN UPGRADED FIREWORKS ENGINE TOO MUCH TO ASK FOR, FRONTIER?! 

Yes, because the only people asking for this is a small niche compared to everything else in the game that people have been asking for. Everything cost money, and they believe other features/enhancements are a better investment, than an AFE/mixmaster like that of RCT3.

Money talks, and as of now, they've calculated they can make more money focusing on other aspects of the game.

That's just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

On 8/23/2023 at 2:07 PM, Wabigbear said:
DeLadysigner has an interesting take on a possible PC2.  While admittedly she knows little more than the rest of us, her break down has some good points and you have to take her connections into consideration.  She predicts that Frontier will announce another big title in the Spring of next year, with release in the winter before Christmas.  That's based on a bunch of things, like that leaked plan, and Frontier's own announcement os a new title during fiscal year.

You can listen to her on this video...

Is she right?   Who knows?

She honestly might be right, the latest leak we saw says a release in November of 2024. If that leak is to be believed we could see teasers ramp up from November to April and then get the official announcement in April or May. It makes sense, Frontier likes to announce games right before release and release them in November a month before the holidays.

• Like 1

9EC3999E-6847-412D-BB2C-73A973B60409.jpeg.11063aba081ecdd9c5486db8a87642c0.jpeg

On 8/26/2023 at 3:14 AM, Gin said:

Yes, because the only people asking for this is a small niche compared to everything else in the game that people have been asking for. Everything cost money, and they believe other features/enhancements are a better investment, than an AFE/mixmaster like that of RCT3.

Money talks, and as of now, they've calculated they can make more money focusing on other aspects of the game.

That's just my 2 cents.

All they need to do is slap a UI on their already existing particle editor, I'm assuming it works similar to RCT3 where all the particles they made for their game came from an editor. The dev team in RCT3 just took it a step further and slapped a UI on it and put it as a hidden feature in the game as to not confuse people since it's a pretty complicated tool to use. Why can't Frontier do that again with Planet Coaster! I get it's not an easy tool to use BUT WE'RE SMART FRONTIER WE LIKE COMPLICATED THINGS.

But I get what you're saying, it's not the most heavily requested feature. I just really hope they revamp their fireworks for the sequel.

On 8/26/2023 at 9:19 PM, Nitro230 said:

She honestly might be right, the latest leak we saw says a release in November of 2024. If that leak is to be believed we could see teasers ramp up from November to April and then get the official announcement in April or May. It makes sense, Frontier likes to announce games right before release and release them in November a month before the holidays.

Yea I was thinking about this too, I don't see why Frontier wouldn't make a sequel to Planet Coaster. If it's coming out next year I doubt we'll see anything about it this year. Maybe an announcement during the Summer Game Fest in June of 2024.

Additional requests for Planco2:

1. The ability to have your guests wander to other pathways that doesn't necessarily lead to anything.

2. Staff only pathways.

3. Pathway limitations for guests (entrance/exit only, one way path).

4. Either remove "guests are trapped in your park" or add a way to locate said guests. Drives me crazy trying to find where they might be stuck.

5. The addition of items that are proportionally correct! I'm tired of having to measure everything to make sure it's proportional to the peeps - trees and plants being one.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Gin said:

5. The addition of items that are proportionally correct! I'm tired of having to measure everything to make sure it's proportional to the peeps - trees and plants being one.

Although I don't partake in PlanCo yet I could imagine it would be nice to see stuff in 1:1, 1:2, 2:1 etc scale ratios, where a peep is "1." 

kQngDQ2.png

10 hours ago, Gin said:

Agreed 100%. 

Planet Coaster's design team seemed to function without a standardized system of scaling things...one door might be 15 feet tall while another built for Munchkins, same with windows and other building parts as well as foliage as you pointed out, many of the props too.  I know they used the reasoning that scaling up items worked visually better in the game, but there was no consistency to that, they scaled some stuff up by varying degrees, other items seem scaled down.

There was also no consistency to filling out building themes.  One theme might have every wall and roof combination included (missing of course things like quarter-width walls and such...), while another theme would include only some of the items.  Made mixing and matching for design work extremely frustrating at times.  The same thing happened with things like signage.  

I recall someone (forgive me for forgetting their name!), actually went through and researched all the missing items from different themes, and shared it on the Planet Coaster website complete with screenshot, to no avail.  While much of what Frontier designed was really well done, it's the lack of consistency and attention to details of what was missing that has always bothered me.  It's like there were multiple teams working on different things without a standard Planet Coaster design style book being shared between them.

Another thing I'd like to see are flat rides - and coaster stations - with a smaller footprint.  Some attractions were themselves reasonably small, but surrounded by an unrealistically huge round plazas.  I've sometimes skipped using a smaller attraction that would have worked  perfectly in a spot but the unrealistic space requirement meant it wouldn't fit.  Stations also sometimes were overly large and were forced to allow path connections only on certain sides, which caused them to take up even more space.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

This same inconsistency happens in PlaZoo. One simple example is animal signs. Each DLC has new animal signs, but they are almost always in a different art style than other packs. One might be white silhouettes, the next colorful and cartoony, the next something else. All I can figure is different artists work on the packs and do it in the style they like or are capable of. Not making excuses, just trying to understand.  It makes it very hard to have a consistent look to the zoo you build overall. Not a deal breaker, but still a bit frustrating. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wabigbear said:

. . . Planet Coaster's design team seemed to function without a standardized system of scaling things...one door might be 15 feet tall while another built for Munchkins, same with windows and other building parts as well as foliage as you pointed out, many of the props too.  I know they used the reasoning that scaling up items worked visually better in the game, but there was no consistency to that, they scaled some stuff up by varying degrees, other items seem scaled down . . .

This is just one of the reasons that scaling ability is (IMHO) fundamental to the features of Planet Coaster 2.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think Planet Coaster 2 would be interesting as there is so much that is still in everyone's wish list (safely assuming). I would be curious as to what they would add and include in the base game as the DLC packs added quite a bit that players wanted earlier.

• Like 1

I really hope we're getting a new version of the game soon. 

Ok, then this is my wishlisht:

1. The base game needs to be already more complete than Planet Coaster in its current state with all its DLCs. 
  2. More flatrides, standard park rides from the 70s, 80s and 90s, also more European classics, to help build realistic smaller / lower-budget parks 
  3. more basic designs instead of pre-themed rides
  4. more useful scenery objects. We have dozens of oversized christmas tree decoration and giant sausages, while some really useful decently scaled theme park essentials are missing
  5. more realistic (= less realistic!) animatronics
  6. ability to remove staff and those cylinders from the queue entrance, + those weird premium pass arrows
  7. weather, seasons, real time mode
  8. more realistic light behaviour (especially indoor)
  9. better tools for rockwork
  10. long-term commitment to the game, DLCs for years. and support for more community content and mods, similar to Cities Skylines, so that the community will be alive and buzzing again, like in the best days of RCT3 (that must have been around 2010-2014)
  • Like 1