Enchanted Lake

Wowman

Ahh how'd you get the World Showcase torches in there!? Looks really cool! Gives me heavy World Showcase vibes!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

1 hour ago, Wowman said:

found the tower part on the workshop and I added the flames.

Now if only Planet Coaster had a good firework system, could then add Reflections of Earth in there too ?

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

This has been an inspiring project from the get-go.  To first see the sketches based on your friends ideas and then watch as you fleshed out those 2D sketches into 3D Planet Coaster...amazing. 

I don't comment nearly as much as I should or you deserve (I'm terrible at posting much anymore I admit...), but I really like following along on this project. 

Unlike many of mine where they are kind of organic and just seem to go in different directions, here you've basically followed a vision from the start...I think that's actually harder than just adding whatever pops into your mind while in game!

Saw this on the Discord server earlier when you posted it, I'll say it again - looks awesome! For some reason it gives me old MGM Studios vibes!

Very cool idea to have a water zone in a park, I see it so often in real-world parks for the little ones but not enough in people's projects. Very cool detail!

• 2 weeks later...

Love that you added the living quarters and history of the fire department on the queue, looks really cool!

• 2 weeks later...

Believe me, it looked a lot better in person!

Freedomland had a similar attraction in the 1960s in the Bronx. An asbestos building had gas jets, and the "fire department" would show up to put out the flames. Freedomland is long gone, but they deputized kids, gave them plastic hats with the little rubber bands to hold it to your head, and the kids worked the pumper to quelch the flames. Imagine having an attraction like that today! Somebody would sue in about two minutes!

PODCAST REWIND: Return to Freedomland U.S.A.! - The Bowery Boys: New York  City History

Edited by citytrader
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Mmmmm, asbestos. "It's a burning building!". "No, it's a dessert topping!". "You're both right; It's a burning building and a dessert topping!" (Anybody?). I remember there was asbestos sprayed on the ceiling of our unfinished basement when I was a kid in the 1950s. My dad put a swing down there so I would have something to do on rainy days. I would get going as high as I could in the swing and hit the ceiling with my feet and then watch as little bits of asbestos rained down... Good times.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Wow, it's really cool to see the really old attractions like that - it does remind me of your fire truck attraction @Wowman!

Never had asbestos when I was little though, for me, it was popcorn ceiling 🙃 (also how are you not dead from breathing all that in @JB 😆)