Brookfield Zoo

Wowman

Time to move to a new section of the zoo. What I'm calling World Festival. This is not on the master plan that I'm working from as I decided to add this in myself. On the plan this is just grassy open space. I wanted something more useful in this area. So, I'm adding a food and shopping area that celebrates places from around the globe. It will have food trucks, shops, shaded places to rest and eat, etc. This will mostly be contained within the gold boxed area.

The small green box in the lower right corner is a worker hut and area for workers.

The blue circle is the queue area for the jeep ride that goes through the African Ungulate habitat. 

The habitat itself will be located in the open area above these color coded areas.

icOKts.jpg

• Like 1

Here is the areas being worked on right now. The Festival area will encompass most of the West Mall area on the map/plan (Orange circle). The green circle is the expanded Mixed (African) ungulates. this will not be finished in many of the next photos, but you will see it in the background. The jeep ride is also going through it, and the area just to the left of the Festival will be the queue and load station for the jeeps.

mCrqf1.jpg

• Like 1

As a pyro person and not a park person it always amazes me how detailed you all get with layouts, where everything is, and your park maps. It's super cool to see especially coming from an outsider's perspective. Very excited to see what you do in this area and how it'll all come out!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Here is the backside of the main concourse. Not much here, but wanted to show it as to the left is the huge African Ungulate habitat and where the jeep ride will run. This walkway is a main viewing strip for these animals.

zrohFg.jpg

• Like 1

Love that giraffe statue, looks really cool as an entrance! 

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

I would love a taco from Mexelente! Lookin' good as usual! Feels like such a cozy local fest you have there, nailed the vibes right on the head!

6 hours ago, Wowman said:

under one of the tents where you can sit, relax, get out of the sun, or have a bite to eat.

I9SV4C.jpg

We ate at a restaurant in West Hollywood last month called La Bohème that had an outdoor covered patio looking EXACTLY like this! Love that atmosphere.

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png