The Dead & Lost Projects Thread (Any Game)

Wilhelm1407

This thread is for dead and lost projects. Whether the files were lost, corrupted, or you simply gave up on the project: You can post screen shots of them here and share them with the Park Crafters community!  😃

I was originally going to post this in the RCT3 section, but I thought it would be better to post it here, so all games could be included. 

So, I will start off with a project that I have lost. I don't know what happened to the file it was probably lost when I transferred files to another PC some five years ago... It was GCI coaster called Diamondback, and it was inspired by the never built GCI coaster that was proposed for Morey's Pier many years ago. 

wKdU4Ur.png

Edited by Wilhelm1407
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

rurHiCz.jpeg

What a concept for a coaster! I love that steel/wood hybrid support system you have. And that ground texture always makes me think this is No Limits 😅 Gonna have to go back and watch that tutorial of yours so I can have realistic textures too!

kQngDQ2.png

7 hours ago, Kablary said:

What a concept for a coaster! I love that steel/wood hybrid support system you have. And that ground texture always makes me think this is No Limits 😅 Gonna have to go back and watch that tutorial of yours so I can have realistic textures too!

It really was a cool concept. I'm sad Morey's Pier never went through with their concept. 

the-unbuilt-gci-coaster-at-moreys-piers-

rurHiCz.jpeg

This is another dead project of mine. I was designing a inverting strata coaster. I don't know if I still have the file or not. 
I designed it with flat sections of magnetic brakes to slow the trains down before the airtime hill, and the inversions. 

42Fzxi3.jpeg

j9CD3ZQ.jpeg

sHy69oR.jpeg

9CrD5Ze.jpeg

BCDIU4O.jpeg

VTIKHwn.jpeg

rzCZMRp.jpeg

sH3asFe.jpeg

MjBm3Q6.jpeg

OIrUFMK.jpeg

AUqrHpm_d.webp?maxwidth=760&fidelity=gra

OabI3Zo.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

rurHiCz.jpeg

• Wilhelm1407 changed the title to The Dead & Long Lost Projects Thread (Any Game)
  • 2 weeks later...

That looks so much better than my coasters and you call it a long lost dead project 😆

I never liked starting projects and quitting them so I don't have many but I still definitely do have some. Of course they're all pyro shows since that's what I was into but one of them was going to be a really dark mature show themed to the music from Pans Labyrinth. I started on this project when I still was relatively new to making shows in RCT3 but I realized that I was too noobish and dumb at the time to take on something like that... so into abandoned projects folder it went, haha

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Don't make me blow the dust off old computers. Some of my old projects are scary at what the concepts were 😆.

@Wilhelm1407 you have always amazed me with your coasters. I remember watching your stuff at SGW and you continue to craft here! Look how your building styles have changed with each project! 

5 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

That looks so much better than my coasters and you call it a long lost dead project 😆

I never liked starting projects and quitting them so I don't have many but I still definitely do have some. Of course they're all pyro shows since that's what I was into but one of them was going to be a really dark mature show themed to the music from Pans Labyrinth. I started on this project when I still was relatively new to making shows in RCT3 but I realized that I was too noobish and dumb at the time to take on something like that... so into abandoned projects folder it went, haha

My problem is I have ADHD so I'll have like ten ideas for projects going and then I the majority don't get finished. It's a real problem lol 

1 hour ago, Cody said:

Don't make me blow the dust off old computers. Some of my old projects are scary at what the concepts were 😆.

@Wilhelm1407 you have always amazed me with your coasters. I remember watching your stuff at SGW and you continue to craft here! Look how your building styles have changed with each project! 

Lol I have some old computers too and now I'm thinking about hooking them up to see if there's any files on them. 

rurHiCz.jpeg

• Wilhelm1407 changed the title to The Dead & Lost Projects Thread (Any Game)
  • 2 months later...

I believe most of you have seen the concept plan which still pops ups high on OogleGoogle's image search results when using search terms like "theme park concept". I'm talking about the "Goldrush 1853" concept art for a western themed park. I'm not entirely sure if this was indeed intended as a serious design concept for a park to be built, but was more likely a demo piece for an advertising agency. I did start making a park based on this concept image a long time ago, but I can't get this project open anymore, as it's one of the files corrupted beyond recovery.  But here is the image for the original concept art:

Goldrush1853themeparkconceptplan.jpg.4005ddbc32ac1dd17823eba8d60bc70b.jpg

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Wowman said:

hmmmm...looks like a good project to take on in Planco.

Sure, why not? 😎 - But for me Planco is not RCT3.  Don't get me wrong, Planet Coaster looks good and sounds good, so it must be good... and if you allow me to say... it's "almost" like RCT3 on steroids, much like Windows 95 was a DOS operating system in a colorful clown suit. 😁

• Haha 1

This is really an interesting thread! I only wish more people would share their projects. Sadly I haven't been able to save most of my own old park designs. The only one I was able to recover has a lot of issues, and I am currently in process of cleaning up and editing this fully western themed park. One thing I still have to figure out how to return the park to a default state - for one, because currently it has been running over 75 years in game terms, so you can pretty much estimate just how long I have worked on it - you can actually add quite a few hundred hours on top of that when the editor has been paused or stopped.... I have been testing the ParkCleanup 2.1's feature which has feature of adjusting time, but it won't solve all the problems related to age and aging. I'm not entirely sure, if this is what causes the elevator bug constantly reappear for the same one, even after I have deleted and built a new one in it's place! This is just one of those really annoying bugs (along with the custom balloon color bug) that should have been fixed in the Complete Edition.

Also, does anyone know if there already exists a topic or thread which would purposely share park concept plans and images? 

I think a good idea would be to create a topic with links to interesting and useful links related to park design. I think this type of thread would be beneficial for all games represented at ParkCrafters. I have tons of these concept plans, designs and ideas I have collected for many years from many, many sources.

Any thoughts?

"Oh no! German potato salad!"

-Homer Simpson-

15 hours ago, Traveller said:

Also, does anyone know if there already exists a topic or thread which would purposely share park concept plans and images? 

I think a good idea would be to create a topic with links to interesting and useful links related to park design. I think this type of thread would be beneficial for all games represented at ParkCrafters. I have tons of these concept plans, designs and ideas I have collected for many years from many, many sources.

Any thoughts?

Sounds like a good idea! That topic would probably live best right here in Community Chat so feel free to open one up and start the thread!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

That "GoldRush 1853" concept is one I also was interested in a couple years ago (before Rose Lake, DA America and now Wonderful World of Oz...).  I had even gathered a few structures I thought might work.

If I remember correctly, this was a concept by a Canadian designer, he actually had a website with more images and other park concepts and designs he had come up with...

EDIT:  I had the site bookmarked:  https://lancecardinal.blogspot.com/2011/11/goldrush-theme-park-concept.html 

Posted (edited)

If you download bench one of Disney's America, our 1849 area was a blatant rip-off of that lance cardinal park! We had the rocks you walked through, the panning for gold, a mine ride, a log flume, etc.

Personally, I haven't got any Forgotten parks, but I do have several that are "forgotten"! Worked on frantically for months, ignored for months or years, then worked on for a bit again, and then the cycle repeats itself!!! 🤣

One is a homage to Palisades Amusement Park. Anyone who grew up in NY/NJ knows the jingle. Great little park, overlooking Manhattan. Now a co-op development. Very 1960's "mod" looking place!

20240605200236_1.jpg.e6626a8df3b4c57d6de5e585f2fc588c.jpg

20240605200150_1.jpg.632dbc9d46818b870f6b88efbbb3784b.jpg

20240605200208_1.jpg.58558d5ec3d77357a04858d7dee45e8d.jpg

The free stage;

20240605200317_1.jpg.1fc6c8b8803fff2f111f7396f597572d.jpg

Another park I have started a number of times but never got far on is Pleasure Island outside of Boston. Nautical themed, they actually had an encounter with Moby Dick, the whale ride!

20240605194603_1.jpg.f052b8d92b4dbfb975661585bdd030ff.jpg

20240605194620_1.jpg.500bb7b2aa3005d0a2b4739f73191a2e.jpg

20240605194719_1.jpg.f3ee933763ded6ca5698d68292272b29.jpg

The Moby Dick ride in real life;

Moby Dick Animatronic - Pleasure Island, Massachusetts : r/submechanophobia

Both of these parks await the light of day on my hard drive!

Edited by citytrader

I don't have any either. Finished my Star Wars park years ago and moved onto the other two I'm Working on now and thats about all I have ever done. Maybe just maybe I can find old shots from my RTC3 Indiana Jones park and share those on the RTC page. The Renee Feu park I'm doing now was inspired greatly by that park. I have a long list of 'parks to work', but haven't started them. Maybe once I retire I can pound those out faster.

On my List....

Damn...can't find the folder.

I found my lost folder. Here is all my inspiration that anyone can grab onto and run with.

TV Land (like the cable channel)

Mayberry Town Square

Western Bonanza

Action Land - includes Knight Rider, A-Team

Lost in Space

Munsters dark ride

MASH area

Green Acres/Petticoat Junction (includes train station)

Gilligan's Island (boat rides)

Residential Street (I Dream of Jeanie, Brady Bunch, Bewitched, Cheers Bar, Friends Cafe, Home improvement, etc.)

Taxi Coaster

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I am a retired Magician, so always wanted to do a Magic park

1800s/1900s main street with heavy Houdini presence

Huge magic castle

Magic Theater

Kids area with huge rabbit in hat

Witch land

Aladdin/Genie land

Voodoo land

Wizards land

Chinese area

• Like 2

A full out Pirates park

Tortuga type main street

Large lake (sea) with an island with attractions

tropical Jungle section

Old England area

Castle/fortress

Tresure cave/seashore

Old Ships

Mermaid area

China section

End of World area

• Like 2

Rivers of America Park

Central wooded/streams/waterfalls entrance

All lands are connected by waterways and boat rides

New Orleans

Old West/grand canyon

Gold Rush area

Revolutionary/Potomac area

Mississippi steam boats

• Like 2

The ever popular Disney Villains' Park

Main street would be old England (Hunchback)

Water/rocks Ursula cave (mermaid)

Snow white witch castle

Queen of HEarts maze

Peg Leg Pete area (all black and white)

Jafar/Aladdin cave of Wonders

Scar - Africa area

Bald Mountain (coaster)

Hades area

Hook/Never never land

England countryside barns/101 Dalmatians

• Like 2

Pixar (this was originally drawn up several years ago, so doesn't include recent movies and would have to be redrawn)

Many of what I have drawn out is a combination of many real life lands in existing parks

Incredibles city main street

Huge water lake with incredibles island

French Ratatouille area before there was a Ratatouille land

MOnsters INc area

Finding Nemo area

Bugslife

Toystoryland

Carsland

• Like 1