The Goddess Below - Scenario & Playthru Park

KickAir8p

Okay, first time I've posted one of these on this forum, let's see how it goes.  So, a year ago I put up in the Steam Workshop a custom scenario, a rework of The Creature Awakens career scenario.  (I'd been working on it over a year, the release date was semi-coincidental.)  DLCs needed listed on the Workshop page, no Toolkit items included.

The Goddess Below Scenario

Today I put up my playthru sandbox.  I have all the DLCs and didn't track what I was using in the playthru, so this could need anything, sorry.  Except for Toolkit items, there are still no Toolkit items included.

Goddess Below Playthru Sandbox

And I've got some screenshots of it up in my Steam Gallery :

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

They're captioned in my Steam Gallery if anybody wants additional info.

Edited by KickAir8p
added individual image links from my Steam Gallery
  • Like 1

Thanks for dropping by and sharing your scenario! While I don't play PlanCo myself, I really enjoyed going through your Steam Gallery. Especially love those sunset shots of the lake.

As for posting pictures here on Park Crafters, you can absolutely do that pretty easily! Just attach your pictures to the bottom of the post field here:

Screenshot2023-09-07182512.png.6e8ea4f2eb14106072de8f0f32339239.png

Then insert them anywhere into the post itself and voila! 

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

If you need additional help posting content on here, I recommend reading through this really quickly! 

• Thanks 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

16 hours ago, Kablary said:

. . . Just attach your pictures to the bottom of the post field here . . .

But that loads the pictures on this site, and from what I've seen in other topics this site has a small lifetime upload limit that I don't wanna tap for this.  🚱

12 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

. . . posting content on here, I recommend reading through this . . .

That's what I was looking for, thanks!  Okay, my top post has now been edited with direct links to the pics from my Steam Gallery, and they're showing up all nice'n'pretty in the post.  Much appreciated!  🎨

Edited by KickAir8p
minor spelling/formatting fix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wabigbear said:

. . . the inventiveness shown here is top notch!  I especially liked the "UFO"...that's really cool looking!

Glad you liked it!  I'm not a particularly good coaster builder, but there are certain things I'm fond of, one of which is putting the lift hill at the end -- that way the coaster drops pretty much directly into the action.  It's one of the reason's Gold Fever's my fave, a mine-cart coaster is particularly well-themed for underground.

For this my main problem was getting the guests up to the station and back down after the ride in a way that didn't hamper the flying saucer theme.  The queue and priority pass queue were intended to intertwine like a double-hellix, but I couldn't get that to work.  If you subscribe to the sandbox you'll find there's an exit plaza with seating, a claw machine for especially happy “I'd love a souvenir” guests (without putting a vendor up there), and a staffroom so mechanics and janitors working up there aren't too far from one.  I thought about putting a 1st aid or restroom in that spot, but I got the Nausea down enough that I didn't need a 1st Aid, and I put the restroom at the base of the spiral exit path.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Super cool park and LOVE the interior of that coaster in the second shot! You don't see much desert landscape parks so this one really does stand out and is a breath of fresh air!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

6 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

Super cool park and LOVE the interior of that coaster in the second shot! You don't see much desert landscape parks so this one really does stand out and is a breath of fresh air!

Thanks!  When I'm doing a Custom Scenario rework of one of Frontier's Career Scenarios✳️, one of the considerations (and sometimes the initial inspiration) is “Would a different biome suite this better?”  Since I wanted to play around with how the Adventure DLC would work with ancient Mesopotamian ziggurats (kind of), the Desert biome, which was more American Midwest, wasn't a good fit.  But a patch of Middle-Eastern desert fits into the Grassland biome reasonably well.

But I'm wondering if I'm tripping over something that my autistic brain isn't picking up on:  I'm getting compliments on my screenshots, which I appreciate, but no subscriptions to the sandbox, which would give much better views of what the screenshots are hinting at.  I won't say I'm a big subscriber -- I'm on a middlin' machine that I don't wanna dump a choke-load of TToolkit content on, which means most of the magnificent parks shown around here are getting my appreciation of the screenshots rather than Workshop subscriptions to the parks.  But I was careful to use no TToolkit stuff in this.  Yet the sandbox currently has one subscriber, and that's me.  Am I doing something wrong?

Anyway, glad you liked it!

✳️ I'm not suggesting that the scenario-devs should've done it this way -- they had earlier toolsets and different goals.

• Like 1

I really like the interior of that coaster queue!

This is a really interesting park map for sure - I'm assuming the hole in the middle is part of a dig site?

Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Gin
  • Like 1

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

Didn't you say earlier that you don't play Planet Coaster?  If so, doubly-glad you like the screenshots!  😊  Edited to add:  Just spotted your NorthRidge Park, you absolutely do play Planet Coaster!  Sorry for the mix-up, doubly-sorry for being overly explanatory.  😳 

17 hours ago, Gin said:

. . . I'm assuming the hole in the middle is park of a dig site? . . .

Planet Coaster has a few different play modes, one of them is "Career", with almost two-dozen included scenarios with different objectives and restrictions (“part of the FUN”).  The first three (Captain Lockjaw's Buried Treasures, Beginner) are essentially tutorial levels intended for getting used to the game.  One of those is “Creature Awakens”.

I'm inspired by the beautiful work Frontier's art-devs put into making the Career Scenarios -- with the benefit of later improvements and DLC content, most of the Custom Scenarios that I make and put up in the Steam Workshop are reworks of the Career Scenarios.  My scenario “The Goddess Below” is a rework of Frontier's “Creature Awakens”.  That hole in the middle is from the original, and is a tiny part of a magnificent sprawling underground track ride, brilliantly decorated and with triggered effects supporting an engaging narrative of eldritch horror.

In my custom scenario I used the Adventure DLC to rework the station scenery and add to the ride's vignettes, doing my best to enhance without disturbing the original artistry.  In my playthru of my custom scenario I leaned into the Ancient Astronauts implications, trying to shake some of the colonialist stink by implying a narrative of cooperative effort between the alien civilization working to contain the threat caused by their pre-life-on-Earth mistake and the local humans throughout the centuries.

Sorry for the answer getting long-winded, appreciate your interest!

Edited by KickAir8p
Corrected misconception.
  • Like 1