Planet Coaster Mini Park

Nitro230

I’m back! Been a while I know, been trying to find some new ideas to get excited to play again. My buddy Dutchie just made a video talking about how every project has a amount of time you can work on it until you run out if steam, so he along with a few other planco platers like Maskedbandit have been building smaller mini parks. I’ve never been able to finish a park that I’ve started so this go around I have given myself a smaller space to work with in hopes that I can finish it before I run out of steam.

With this park I really want to show the difference eras of theme park design here in the US. We’re going to start with the 70’s when the park was founded. Tornado is a wooden coaster in the western area designed by Ron Dosser and William Cobb, who also designed the likes of Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure and Judge Roy Scream at Six Flags Over Texas. In 2024 for the 50th anniversary year, the park gave the ride a retrack to make it very smooth along with a brand new sign and theming elements in the station. There was plans for more theming elements in the queue but unfortunately the budget ran out and the park settled with only some barrels and new lights in the queue.

image.png.9a0bcb8f77e0acbef813ca67fbc5d92e.png
image.png.e65774d62b369ed1dc90e9281a6096fd.pngimage.png.bfece820e1afc12f28436a161e6c84d0.png

In a little while you’ll get to see the other additions for the 50th anniversary which includes a Vekoma Junior Coaster (model 254m) a Shoot the Chutes ride from White Water West and a brand new shooting dark ride.

image.png

Edited by Nitro230
  • Like 2

9EC3999E-6847-412D-BB2C-73A973B60409.jpeg.11063aba081ecdd9c5486db8a87642c0.jpeg

On 9/2/2023 at 2:12 PM, Wabigbear said:

Great idea, and here 'mini park' certainly doesn't mean 'mini quality'...Tornado looks fantastic!

Thank you! And yeah mini definitely doesn’t mean less quality, I always gotta go the extra yard with realism.

On 9/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, JB said:

I agree with Wagi, lots of details to admire here. Looking forward to seeing more! 🎢

Yeah the smaller park size has been giving me some more leeway with piece count which means I can cram as many details as I can lol.

9 hours ago, Cody said:

I like this! Plus it is a mini park so I am curious as to what future plans are in relation to park size. Looks like you are packing in amazing details and some good classic attractions!

So as for future plans I am thinking a grand total of 4 coasters, this woodie, a kids coaster as previously mentioned (already done just needs scenery) and then 2 larger thrill coasters (you’ll be finding out about one soon enough). As for other attractions it really depends on how much space I have after that but I know I want some sort of water ride and a shooting dark ride.

• Like 1

So for today’s update weren’t starting work on the first strip of buildings in the western area, I have been HEAVILY inspired by Knotts Berry Farms’s Ghost Town here. 

The first building here us just a General Store, I built this mainly just to use to set the tone for the surrounding buildings, something to use as a reference. 
image.png.abfe96a65e0fc71da374428a846d5afe.png

The next building here is a drink refill stand similar to Coca Cola Freestyle you see at both Six Flags and Cedar Fair Parks. However, I decided to be different and use FizzWizz, Mike Sheets’s soda brand that you may be familiar thanks to BroCoaster and NoNameLandia (I’m a BroNation member and plan to fit all of their unique brands in the park).

image.png.7ba14cbf6b591dcbb0afde8b8bb2d7e5.png

Next up we have my personal favorite of the three, Mr. Moose’s Gift Emporium. Mr. Moose is a fellow planet coaster player and good friend of mine so I decided to build this as thank you for the awesome work he has done in my parks.

image.png.f46c16f951080592455d20d43ab45b31.pngimage.png.a5932327905ad1e7b66e25f10a31588a.png

That’s all for now! Work keeps chugging along so I’ll make sure to keep you all updated!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Nitro230 said:

I have been HEAVILY inspired by Knotts Berry Farms’s Ghost Town here.

Living just down the street from KBF, I can confidently say you have captured the Ghost Town "store" aesthetic incredibly well in those shots of the storefronts, in particular the area of the park leading towards Ghostrider's station. Mr. Moose's Gift Emporium feels like you plucked it right off that trail!

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

I like the nods to creators and can tell this is going to be a very original park that uses inspirations from others. Looks like you are setting the tone for a nice western area which opens up quite a bit of opportunities for attractions. I am ready for more! 

• Like 1

That woodie is huge and pretty hot not gonna lie. You're always killer when it comes to these close up intimate shops of your buildings and themed areas - glad to see you're back posting more!

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/4/2023 at 2:41 PM, Kablary said:

Living just down the street from KBF, I can confidently say you have captured the Ghost Town "store" aesthetic incredibly well in those shots of the storefronts, in particular the area of the park leading towards Ghostrider's station. Mr. Moose's Gift Emporium feels like you plucked it right off that trail!

Funny you should sat that, that building was directly modeled after one in Knotts Berry Farm and I believe the original building was right in the area near GhostRider.

On 9/4/2023 at 6:32 PM, Cody said:

I like the nods to creators and can tell this is going to be a very original park that uses inspirations from others. Looks like you are setting the tone for a nice western area which opens up quite a bit of opportunities for attractions. I am ready for more! 

I really want to be able to pay tribute to and thank all the other creators who have helped me get to where I am today, it’s something small but I feel its a nice nod. And yeah really like the vibe that I got set up with the western area so far.

On 9/5/2023 at 8:59 AM, Gin said:

I really like that gift emporium!

You've nailed the western theme perfectly as well - not overdone or decorated.

Well done, sir!

Thank you! Its a tough balance for sure but I’m happy with it

On 9/5/2023 at 9:27 AM, wolfpaw said:

That woodie is huge and pretty hot not gonna lie. You're always killer when it comes to these close up intimate shops of your buildings and themed areas - glad to see you're back posting more!

The woodie is actually only like 80 feet tall. It’s size is definitely deceiving, think the custom supports are part of the reason for that. And yeah I really do try to get close up views of my buildings from peep view (also simultaneously trying to hide stuff thats not ready to be viewed yet lol).

Well it’s been a hot minute, sorry about the week long hiatus. Thought about doing a post last Wednesday but in the end decided I didn’t have enough quite yet. School has started up again which has stolen most of my playing time along with my job taking up some of my weekend nights. Nothing I can do about it unfortunately, I’m gonna post as often as I can.

Getting right into it here’s another one of those BroNation brands. BroBQ was originally started by Redline for Summerdale but has quickly become a staple in the BroNation Community. This is the second one I myself have built. Wanted something with a large patio or outdoor seating place, in theory the building itself would only he where food is made and ordered. Also in the second photo you can see something big and blue poking out in the distance. Thats a gift from a from a friend of mine, its not quite done yet so for now thats all you get.

image.jpeg.e257d5e7edfdedb95f7e72660c701863.jpegimage.jpeg.453ea548648827e0b64fa18579b2f235.jpeg

Also as a little nod to NoNameLandia this sells Rocky Mountain Oysters, if you know what they are I would bet that you’re probably disgusted by the thought of them lol.

image.jpeg.1fd74cf37ae33ddab63612cc54a33978.jpeg

Then all the way on the other side of the park is the Festhaus. Very much inspired by the one at Kings Island, it was originally going to be part of the entry area which was going to be themed to a Bavarian village. I have since changed gears on what the plan for the entrance is and have instead decided to have a smaller area with the main dinning hall being the Festhaus. Also plan on having a brewery in the park so people can get bat shit drunk on overpriced beer (the true theme park experience am I right?).

image.jpeg.9faa5ea99da904038836f5a44cd0dc3f.jpegimage.jpeg.b849d8936d837a2541d317a70c55b3db.jpeg

That’s all for now, its a smaller update I know but there are other things being worked on that are just not in a finished enough state to show off but they will be coming soon.

• Like 1

No need to apologize! We all understand everyone has a life outside of their projects with other responsibilities, there's never an obligation to post frequent updates!

Onto the actual update, looks awesome as usual, once again your smaller spaces always shine the most to me. Everything is so detailed and crafted beautifully! Also, I see that coaster peaking and looming behind BroBQ... looks cool 🔍

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

On 9/17/2023 at 12:36 PM, wolfpaw said:

No need to apologize! We all understand everyone has a life outside of their projects with other responsibilities, there's never an obligation to post frequent updates!

Onto the actual update, looks awesome as usual, once again your smaller spaces always shine the most to me. Everything is so detailed and crafted beautifully! Also, I see that coaster peaking and looming behind BroBQ... looks cool 🔍

Glad the details are noticeable, they can be a pain in the ass sometimes lol.

Back with another update! Except this to be the last one for at least 2 weeks (got work next weekend and the SATs the week after) but I’m really excited with where the park is going, about halfway through the western area now, which will likely be the best themed area in the park.

First up is the parks first flat ride, named Iron Lasso it’s your typical claw ride. Fairly simple to put together, hide the in game platform and made my own custom one to make it look better scaled. The sign is what I’m most happy with, used tmtk poles to look like bolts in a iron sign.

image.jpeg.50a10d3816ed5122e15e7e3b0bacc922.jpegimage.jpeg.897f96988e38fe198263684dd7fe7348.jpeg

Also finally put a restroom in (might be important). A simple, smaller building. Ended up sinking the in game restroom to get the building to a normal, non-gigantic size.
image.jpeg.80f048e4d625399fb09620d0fb462c3a.jpegimage.jpeg.c17a19ab298c31c9d7a1ff1ab4695e13.jpeg

Behind the scenes work is ramping up on the new coaster which I’m going to be showing off properly sooner rather than later (stay tuned).

Edited by Nitro230
  • Like 1