FrancesCoaster Custom Content Thread

Hi guys,

Since Realtycoon3 and more recently SGW went down, I've been continuing some experiments with RCT3 custom content, from time to time.

This time I'm introducing a custom mad house CFR. I've built this since I like those rides quite a lot, and I know Mennoo made some for RCT3 way back in the golden years of the game: What I always found limiting was the amount of theming and customization possibilities being limited by the number of CFRs available.

So I made a different one: this one is without drum (the walls) so you can build your own room using ingame vanilla or custom scenery pieces (or even make your very own, very detailed, drum CS to use with the ride).

The only downside is that to achieve this the CFR doesn't work like the original ride, the gondolas does all the spinning. But once you are onride, you don't notice that...

Some pics:

spacer.png

spacer.png

Or, with a different theming:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Very cool! Did you make this CFR and import it into the game?

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Yes. It mostly works, but requires some fine tuning to the animation and the peeps entering and exit (I haven't figured out that part yet, they randomly walk near the doors and appears on the seats, when leaving it's a complete mess of peeps walking all over the place). The animation has a couple of jerks, probably I made some sort of mistake when studying the ride program of Hex (Alton towers).

I made the animation by writing down the times from the start of the ride and the rotation angles while wathing a POV of the ride, and used that data to animate in blender.

Here's a test of the ride:

https://streamable.com/n4ef0i

• Like 1

Oh, that came out really good! There aren't that many people today that still actively create custom rides and import them into RCT3 - you're one in a million 🤩

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

You know what would be interesting, the Carousel of Progress. I used to use the Madhouse CFRs and "pretend" it was the Carousel of Progress. I look forward to more from you and I am overjoyed to see you here FrancesCoaster!

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi guys, I'm still working on the mad house.

I'm working on a themed version too, with some lamps and a center handrail, looks a bit like villa volta.Shot0010.bmp

On 11/23/2023 at 9:08 AM, Mad Mate said:

Are you planning on making more CTs?

No, I'm not planning any CT at the moment.

I've a CTR in the works, for @Cody.

Shot0010.jpg

Edited by FrancesCoaster
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Wow 1

Get ready for lots of requests, you are a rare breed, not many people make CTRs anymore! Your mad house looks really cool so far!

Here's another themed madhouse set, this time inspired by Hotel Embrujado (form Parque Warner, Madrid).

I also managed to integrate the lights in the CFR, so you don't need to bother with external lighting if you don't want to (you can still set them to black if you want to use custom lights).

Another thing: I was thinking maybe I should remove the glass panels behind the seats. I know most madhouse rides have them, but I think they break up the theming. What do you think? Should I keep them for realism? Or not?

Shot0014.jpg

• Love 2

• 4 weeks later...