Cities Skylines 2

So who here is excited about number 2? It looks like we will get seasons, better road controls, multiuse buildings, more tiles and much more! You can also add additions to powerplants and other services which is something Simcity 5 did. Now all we need is Planet Coaster 2! 

I haven't really followed the news about it, I tend to wait a few years after release before buying a game to get the best experience. But mixed-use zoning would be very welcome indeed. This we could finally build something other than USA or Canada.

I'm interested to see how well the simulation part will work. In my experience, City Builders tend to optimize for the 'Metropolis' stage of the game (or late game if you will) and hence often get the smaller towns wrong. When I build something akin to my old hometown in Cities Skylines 1, it ends up having about 20 times its real traffic (including pedestrians and so on). It felt really strange having to build this abundance of roads for areas which are neither densely populated nor an arterial connection. There were of course mods to adjust this, but I'd hope something like this gets into the base game so it doesn't break any other update.

I hear that the traffic simulation will be better, and also cars will be able to switch lanes if there is a better or faster way to get to a Destination. It's also cool that each citizen will have money that they can spend and live life realistically. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It just might - every time I played the game, I couldn't get a population higher than 150k before my game started to slow down.

I hope not though - I'm really excited for it!

I love the game but haven't played it in a bit because unless you use mods, and workshop items, the way to design cities, towns, neighborhoods, streets is very limiting.

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 4 weeks later...

Ahh I don't want to spoil it for myself, but here I am. lol

I can't freaking wait to finally play it. I don't know if I will immediately after its release, but definitely soon after.

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 3 weeks later...