To All New and Veteran Members...

wolfpaw

To all the new and veteran members of the community, welcome to ParkCrafters! Whether you've just started creating your own projects or have been with the community since the days of ShyGuy's World, vPyro, RCT-Lounge, or even the Atari forums, we want to welcome you to your new home!

With the recent news of ShyGuy's World closing, a lot of people have been asking for a new community and wondering what will happen to all the downloads hosted on ShyGuy's World. We're currently in the process of moving all files over to ParkCrafters and looking to merge all these scattered communities back into one new home. If you have any files you wish to upload, feel free to submit your own files or browse our downloads.

We will continue to provide updates regarding the download migrations. For now, welcome to ParkCrafters, and feel free to start sharing your creations on one of our many forum boards. We also recommend you join our Discord server here.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing what you can come up with!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Great work so far! Don't know if I'm the eldest here, but I've got to be close. Here since the Atari Forum days. Looking forward to contributing and seeing what others create. Thanks for doing this @wolfpaw

"There is no such thing as a new idea. It is impossible. We simply take a lot of old ideas and put them into a sort of mental kaleidoscope." - Mark Twain

7 hours ago, OldBones said:

What a tremendously awesome feeling, having a new "park crafting" community to engage in and share amongst. Thanks for the invite, @wolfpaw! See you 'round the forums, folks.

You made it!! It's great to see you here! In the future I'll be bothering every single vPyro person I still know and invite them back letting them know there's a new home.. maybe some of them will return to showmaking ?

6 hours ago, Rhodedog80 said:

Great work so far! Don't know if I'm the eldest here, but I've got to be close. Here since the Atari Forum days. Looking forward to contributing and seeing what others create. Thanks for doing this @wolfpaw

Welcome to ParkCrafters! You may be a rare breed being here since the Atari forum days, haha - I look forward to what you can create!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Hi, everybody!

On ShyGuy's World I used to be known as "Cranedude" and was, to put it simply.......err, strange. Really wack. I think I last posted there in 2019?

Anyways, with a newly replenished urge to create (Mostly for RCT3) I've joined here. Anyone from CoasterForce can recognize me by my PFP, but in case you are in the dark I'm "Lori Marie Loud" over there.

I can't wait to meet y'all!

On 5/30/2023 at 1:51 PM, wolfpaw said:

what will happen to all the downloads hosted on ShyGuy's World

Not just that, what about the RCT3 Archives?!

• Like 1

"Bender, that was the best forty-minute washboard solo I've ever heard. The parts where I was awake blew my mind."

Beck, Futurama, "Bendin' in the Wind"

3 minutes ago, 40 Minute Washboard Solo said:

Not just that, what about the RCT3 Archives?!

Welcome to ParkCrafters! We're excited to have you here and can't wait to see what you come up with. As for your question, I'm currently moving over all download files from ShyGuy's World over to this site. All important tutorials that I found both on SGW and in my files have been posted (with the exception of one, still figuring out how to do the dual install ?). You can check them out here.

As for the actual archives of topics, posts, etc, shyguy has been extremely helpful in giving me a full site backup of the database. Once all downloads are moved over, I may look into seeing if I can somehow convert them and post them in our Archives section for everyone to see and go back to. This is currently a big if as his site's setup is much different from this one using different software, etc. I'm going to try though! Rest assured though I do have a site backup so all topics and posts will not be lost forever!

I also plan on contacting an old developer from vPyro and asking if they also have a site backup that I can use to post here as well. I'll keep the community updated on this though when the time comes.

13 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

As for the actual archives of topics, posts, etc, shyguy has been extremely helpful in giving me a full site backup of the database. Once all downloads are moved over, I may look into seeing if I can somehow convert them and post them in our Archives section for everyone to see and go back to. This is currently a big if as his site's setup is much different from this one using different software, etc. I'm going to try though! Rest assured though I do have a site backup so all topics and posts will not be lost forever!

I was referring to this, the RCT3 Archives. Will they be going down with the rest of SGW or will they be spun off, or what? And do you have backups of that part of the site?

"Bender, that was the best forty-minute washboard solo I've ever heard. The parts where I was awake blew my mind."

Beck, Futurama, "Bendin' in the Wind"

2 minutes ago, 40 Minute Washboard Solo said:

I was referring to this, the RCT3 Archives. Will they be going down with the rest of SGW or will they be spun off, or what? And do you have backups of that part of the site?

I believe the site backup does include all of this but will double-check with shyguy! Unfortunately, this part of the site will be closed when the forums close down though. If I restore in the future and these are included in the backup, then these topics may get reposted on here.

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

I also plan on contacting an old developer from vPyro and asking if they also have a site backup that I can use to post here as well. I'll keep the community updated on this though when the time comes.

ohmigod if Brad or Jay can provide the vPyro backup, that would be so amazing! Jay had it up in read-only mode for a little while, but we're going on several years since then. 

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

4 hours ago, OldBones said:

ohmigod if Brad or Jay can provide the vPyro backup, that would be so amazing! Jay had it up in read-only mode for a little while, but we're going on several years since then. 

Yea that would be amazing, to have both backups of Shyguy's World and vPyro! I'm praying one of them still has the backup for vPyro. I'm extremely thankful shyguy was able to give me the backup for SGW. I don't want all of this history to be gone forever.

On 6/3/2023 at 9:10 AM, OldBones said:

That would be massive if that happens

"You have this one life. Choose well." ~Aurora

Hello all, Plokoon111 here. I have been busy lately in life in my 30s now with adulting, a girl friend and other hobbies that occupy my time. But I do check up on things on the rct3/planetcoaster end. I was shocked to see Shyguysworld gone. It used to be so active and fun. Over time I noticed it slow down and become a ghost town. I used to post in my Atlantic City boardwalk but it was just dead with activity. I remember the days of Atariforums back in 2005 [I was 12 years old!!] where you had so much activity, and even on Rctlounge, and shyguys. But I am glad to see a new site! Discord, Facebook and reddit are cool but I prefer the forum aspect of updating and timelines ect. Soo hello! Glad to be here! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Plokoon111 said:

Hello all, Plokoon111 here. I have been busy lately in life in my 30s now with adulting, a girl friend and other hobbies that occupy my time. But I do check up on things on the rct3/planetcoaster end. I was shocked to see Shyguysworld gone. It used to be so active and fun. Over time I noticed it slow down and become a ghost town. I used to post in my Atlantic City boardwalk but it was just dead with activity. I remember the days of Atariforums back in 2005 [I was 12 years old!!] where you had so much activity, and even on Rctlounge, and shyguys. But I am glad to see a new site! Discord, Facebook and reddit are cool but I prefer the forum aspect of updating and timelines ect. Soo hello! Glad to be here! 

Holy toledo! I remember you from way back when on Atari (and maybe even MiceChat?!) - I love seeing how so many veteran players of RCT3 are migrating back to the game and investing their time here on ParkCrafters. @wolfpaw has developed a budding community of creators, makers and designers here!

• Like 2

kQngDQ2.png

18 hours ago, Plokoon111 said:

Welcome to ParkCrafters! Excited to have you here!

Hi all, I've posted a fair bit on SGW and Atari Forums since 2007. I only heard about SGW closing today and got directed here so figured I'd make an account. I've not played RCT3 in a while until today and struggled to get into Planet Coaster as I can only play it on PS4. It's been nice messing around in RCT3 again but it's not quite the same without all the CS and CTRs I used to have several laptops ago. I think I've got some downloading to do!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trooper said:

Hi all, I've posted a fair bit on SGW and Atari Forums since 2007. I only heard about SGW closing today and got directed here so figured I'd make an account. I've not played RCT3 in a while until today and struggled to get into Planet Coaster as I can only play it on PS4. It's been nice messing around in RCT3 again but it's not quite the same without all the CS and CTRs I used to have several laptops ago. I think I've got some downloading to do!

Welcome to ParkCrafters! Awesome to hear that you're getting back into RCT3! We're currently still moving a lot of downloads over from SGW but for now, feel free to browse our downloads section!

On 6/15/2023 at 4:15 PM, Trooper said:

Welcome Trooper! 

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, zeroG said:

Hello Everybody,

nice to be here.

I was very inactive the last 2 years. Hopefully I can contribute new creations in the future.

greetz

zeroG

Welcome to ParkCrafters, zeroG!!