RCT3 RTX-Remix Project Seeking Expert Advice on Reverse Engineering the Cobra Engine

Hello fellow RCT3 enthusiasts,

I'm currently working on the RCT3 Remix version and I'm reaching out to the community for assistance. Specifically, I'm in search of individuals with experience in reverse engineering the Cobra engine. My objective is to modify the engine to implement a fixed function pipeline for rendering shaders, enhancing compatibility with RTX Remix. Given that the game was originally built on DirectX 9.0c, it heavily relies on shaders for rendering, which presents challenges when working with RTX Remix. At present, the mod only supports PBR texture replacement due to compatibility limitations, but my goal is to explore mesh replacement as well. However, the absence of a fixed function pipeline makes this task appear incredibly challenging.

I kindly request the help of those who possess expertise in reverse engineering the Cobra engine. Any pro tips or insights would be greatly appreciated. For those interested, I have provided a link to the RCT3 Remix version I am currently working on.
YouTube Demo Video:
The Project Discord Channel:
https://discord.gg/ug3UchJw (You have to join the RTX Remix Channel first)
https://discord.com/channels/1028444667789967381/1226091998767743049 (Project Channel)

Edited by Hemry
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 1

• Hemry changed the title to RCT3 RTX-Remix Project Seeking Expert Advice on Reverse Engineering the Cobra Engine

Some interesting fireworks in that video! I wish I could assist you in your endeavor to mod the game, but alas, you're light years ahead of me. (I haven't even gotten off the launch pad!) There were a few individuals back in the early days of the game who had the knowledge you seek. But they haven't been heard from in ages (I believe). A couple of current members here might be able to help, but they will have to chime in for themselves. I am cheering you on though! If you can come up with anything new, it will be greatly appreciated by the RCT3 community! Thanks for letting us know about your project, and welcome to ParkCrafters. :classic_smile:

Great to see you've joined ParkCraftes! I don't have much experience the Cobra engine myself but I'm willing to help out in any way I can, even if it's just testing things out. RCT3 has needed major mod work for years now and like JB said the community would vastly appreciate it! I'm hoping someone in here can help you out with the Cobra engine but for textures and things needed, I can probably help out with that stuff.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really