Kingdom Hearts | WIP

• Bookworm91 changed the title to Kingdom Hearts | WIP

Holy FREAKIN' macaroni!!!!!!!

How fortunate we all are to bear witness to another Bookworm production, so quickly after The Siren, no less! I've never played the KH games, but knowing your storytelling prowess, it won't matter. RCT3's 20th year is off to a wonderful start!

kQngDQ2.png

If I don't hear TAKE THIS, HEAL, HEAL, HEAL, TAKE THIS! HAH! 5000x times during the show then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! 🤣

On a more serious note, looking forward to this! While I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and I'm not a fan of the franchise I can't deny the music in the games is very pretty. Excited to see what you do with this! I believe this is your first video game soundtrack show? They're a bit harder to work with vs film soundtracks - they can get much more repetitive very easily so choreography and soundtrack mixing can be a bit more of a challenge. But if done right you'll definitely have a winner, so many great soundtracks are locked behind video games and are often overlooked.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

16 hours ago, Kablary said:

Holy FREAKIN' macaroni!!!!!!!

How fortunate we all are to bear witness to another Bookworm production, so quickly after The Siren, no less! I've never played the KH games, but knowing your storytelling prowess, it won't matter. RCT3's 20th year is off to a wonderful start!

You know I always have 1 or 2 shows cooking at the same time, haha. This show has actually been in my lineup for years. The set was made just before The Creator’s Lounge shut down.

5 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

If I don't hear TAKE THIS, HEAL, HEAL, HEAL, TAKE THIS! HAH! 5000x times during the show then YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG! 🤣

On a more serious note, looking forward to this! While I've only played the first Kingdom Hearts game and I'm not a fan of the franchise I can't deny the music in the games is very pretty. Excited to see what you do with this! I believe this is your first video game soundtrack show? They're a bit harder to work with vs film soundtracks - they can get much more repetitive very easily so choreography and soundtrack mixing can be a bit more of a challenge. But if done right you'll definitely have a winner, so many great soundtracks are locked behind video games and are often overlooked.

Yes, this is my first video game show and I made about 5 or 6 soundtracks for this before settling on the finalized version. I am not using music from the different worlds. I’m using the more…cinematic stuff.  So think intro music, character themes, battle scenes, and credit music. I also used some stuff from Kingdom Hearts Re-orchistrated. They took the music from the first two games and the side games and gave them a full orchestra overhaul. This soundtrack would not have been possible without them and the KH3 soundtrack that was released after the game.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Looking good so far! My most interested thing about this show currently is that soundtrack - I'm super curious what you did and the flow of the mix! Looking like another Bookworm classic in the making 🥰

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

• 4 weeks later...

Very pretty colors and love that fountain shot! Looking forward to seeing all of this in action, going to be sooo beautiful to see!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok Mr. Bookworm sir! This is looking stupidly pretty, but I do have some notes for ya:

Those colors play well together, but you have SO MUCH opportunity to really mix it up here. Vary the shades of blue among the lasers behind the towers - maybe a lighter blue in the middle that gets darker or deeper as they proceed outward. You can do the same with the purples and pinks - dark to light. Or introduce a new color altogether! Perhaps a sage green?

I think we often get stuck in a mindset of "this color combo works well every time for this trope" and just jump right to that. Not saying that's your design process, but a LOT of shows of the past stick to it. Fire for love/anger/power, etc. Break the mold!

kQngDQ2.png

I will do what I can with the color, haha.  This section in particular is about a specific character in the game and the color is supposed to represent their internal struggle.  In the Kingdom Hearts games, the colors are important for each character.  This whole number is about three characters that are very intertwined and are represented differently in the musical themes and the color used.

• 2 weeks later...