Downtown Vendors Can't Free Roam?

KickAir8p

In the Downtown Career Scenario (playing on Windows), the existing Vendor's Work Roster assignment field (in each vendor's Employment Tab, also in the Park Management > Staff tab) doesn't have a free roaming option.  New-hire Vendors do, the existing Mechanic and Janitors do, but not the Vendors.

Although most of the Career Scenarios were added prior to the Staff Features in the November 22nd 2017 Anniversary Update, Downtown is the only one I've seen this problem in.  This persists when loading a save of the Downtown Career scenario into the Scenario Editor.  Since I've been working for a while on a Custom Scenario based on Downtown, and just spotted this while I was reworking the Rosters, it's particularly frustrating.  I wanted to keep the existing vendors -- any way to fix this other than fire 'em all and hire fresh?

Going to paste the solution here as well just in case anyone is looking for this:

I took a look at some of my career games and it looks like any vendor who came with the building does not get the free roaming option, even in games where the staff energy feature is active. I tried building new shops and sure enough the starting vendor did not have free roaming though it could have any other roster I built and a hard locked option for its particular starting shop. In sandbox the starting vendor did have the free roaming option.

And I just got an idea while writing this and tested it. I switched one of these vendors to a roster I created. Then i went back and the specific starting shop option changed to free roaming. So, make a roster, switch all the shop vendors to the roster, switch them back to free roaming and then delete the roster. Or just switch to the roster, delete the roster and then they may default to free roam. I did not test that part. See how that works for you.

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really