Universal Cinematic Spectacular RCT3 Recreation

SJR95

Hey Everyone, 

As some may know on the Shyguy website I am collaborating with a fellow member Darknight in recreating a Florida night-time show. Darkknight is creating the park and I am creating the firework show. 

In the meantime...

spacer.png

Edited by SJR95

Never seen someone recreate this show before! An exciting project for sure, can't wait to see what you both can do!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

NEED MOAR PLZ

The "Cinematic Spectacular" was Universal's answer to Disney's World of Color, but I never made it to FL to see it for myself. I love movies, I love "spectaculars" and I really love Universal Studios, so I truly appreciate you working on this recreation. 

You've got a great start going! Is the 'throw' of the projector an in-game laser, or something you've done in post?

• Like 1

kQngDQ2.png

This is looking absolutely incredible already!

I'm especially impressed by the skill, patience, and dedication this project has taken, and will take until completion.

I sincerely wish you and Darknight the very best of luck on this project. Have fun with it!

There's a great, big, beautiful tomorrow; shining at the end of every day.

• 7 months later...
Posted (edited)

Hello All,

Been a while since last update, been busy moving house and working on other projects (non RCT3 related :D) as an amateur filmmaker.

Over that last few days I have open up my Recreation in Premiere and started to continue working on the montage film footage for the show, as well as adding some VFX into existing footage (shown below).

In-game I have been working on removing some of the scenery (sorry Darknight), due to the in-game recording along with huge amount of custom scenery in one park file I have to separate areas of the park into separate park files etc., then the plan is to use camera angles both with static as well as the flying cameras as a motion control rig (a process of repeating the same camera move again and again) and to comp shots in post something i'll have to test and work on.

As always thanks for the support!!

Stuart

UPDATES WILL FOLLOW!!

spacer.png

Edited by SJR95

Have you tried using a third-party tool to record if the in-game recorder is failing you? There's a way to record RCT3 in 60fps in 4K if your game doesn't normally lag while just viewing/working on the park.

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, wolfpaw said:

Have you tried using a third-party tool to record if the in-game recorder is failing you? There's a way to record RCT3 in 60fps in 4K if your game doesn't normally lag while just viewing/working on the park.

In the past when I did the recreation of Disneyland Fantasmic I used fraps because it produced the finished product quickly as i was using water jets in-game, the in-game recorder i knew about but did not realise how slow it was and that is was video without sound on export so i used fraps, since then i use the recorder i still have fraps as well as obs and my desktop has shadow play via geforce experience but can be tested with. As I am not sure how well they will work with the particle fireworks, lasers, and the fountains.

When I am in a new sandbox park the in-game recorder works fine, its just in the shows park file where it has problems because of the amount of custom scenery darknight is using for his recreation of Universal Studios Florida

Edited by SJR95

Us pyro people recently found of a new way to record our shows so the result is a lag free 4K in 60fps. It uses the cheat engine software to slow down your game which you then just record your screen using shadowplay and then speed up the footage in post production. The end result is really good and lag free! You can see an example of my latest show here on how it looks, you can also look at any recent pyro show posted here to see how it looks too.

A tutorial for it hasn't been written yet but I'll look to write it up soon so you can test it out on your end as well!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...