Planet Coaster TMTK sub-forum?

Wabigbear
Go to solution Solved by wolfpaw,

Do you mean to share items you've created or for progress updates/help on items people are creating? If you're looking to just share, I recommend uploading to the downloads section or linking it via the Steam workshop (Steam workshop integration is currently in the works for Planet Coaster!)

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

No, all my TMTK items are on the Workshop, but since there are hundreds, and most were used in our Disney America Park, I also had a thread at SGW where I divided them up by groups alphabetically, displayed with a screenshot and a list of what was in each group.  Then the groups were also available on Google Drive.  That way they didn't have to download TMTK items one-by-one from the Workshop, and they could more easily find certain items they wanted. 

Here's the thread at SGW:  https://www.shyguysworld.com/index.php/topic,21783.0.html  

What is the best way do you think?  I'd like to preserve the information and screenshot(s) for each set.  I'm not terribly concerned where they are hosted, no problem if they remain on Google, I just don't want to have to go through and upload each item again!  LOL!  I've copied the thread from SGW with the links to the screens (hosted on my imgur account), so it's however you think is best...

Ah I see what you mean - we would prefer if all downloadable content was in one central location in our downloads section so it makes it easier for everyone to find it. You could always zip multiple items together in the same category and upload them so you don't have to do each individual file (unless you're talking about a ton of already zipped-up content). I can look into maybe an integration set up so you can automatically pull from Google Drive and add it to the downloads on this site? It'll have to be something that I can look into and maybe make.

If you're not wanting to upload to our downloads section and would prefer to do like what you did on SGW with a thread with everything on it, I can add a new tag to the Planet Coaster forum for custom content and you can post it there? Which do you prefer to do?

My only worry is if I were to make a sub-category dedicated to TMTK, it will be mostly empty since people usually just upload directly to the downloads section or get items from the Steam Workshop.

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

The tag idea might work well.  I think it's the way to go, at least in this instance.  That way the thread about the TMTK for the Disney America Park stays close to the other Disney America threads showing off the park...does that make sense?

I'm not opposed to uploading them here at all, it's just that they are quite large files, there's a bit of information that goes with each of them, and there's a lot of them!  LOL!  I have a couple small downloads that aren't connected to the Disney America project that I can add to the regular downloads.  I might try to add the files to the download section later...

Shyguy's had a spot to upload and share Planet Coaster TMTK items, and it had 35 TMTK downloads available...the Workshop has 13.470 available.  That's not a reflection on that site, nor this site, nor the idea of uploading TMTK here, I think it's just the reality, uploads of that type are likely to always remain small to forum sites, but who knows what the future might bring?.

Edited by Wabigbear

• Solution

Yea, I'm not expecting the Planet Coaster downloads section on this site to be as extensive as let's say RCT3. It's easier to just upload directly to the Steam Workshop and download from there too, so I can see why most don't even bother uploading and downloading away from Steam.

That being said, feel free to create your own topic on the Planet Coaster forum with the info you want to post! I've created a new tag for that forum so you can tag it as 'TMTK Assets'.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Wabigbear said:

For some reason when copying and pasting the text from sgw, the screenshots show up as links rather than enbedded...not sure what I did wrong, but I'll try to figure it out and fix it!

If you click on the image and go to the Imgur site and right click on the image and 'open image in new tab' until you get the raw image (Will have a URL like this: image.png), then you can copy that URL (or right click on the picture and copy image) and paste it on the post editor here and it should embed the image.

If you're still having issues, you may need to download the image and attach it to the post then press 'Insert' on the attachment to embed it on the post.

• Like 1