Steam account hacked can't run Planet Coaster

RobK1974

My computer was hacked and they got my Steam account and now it no longer is able to log in, but my profile still exists. I can't make a new account because the reCaptcha keeps failing, so I'm stuck. I can't run Planet Coaster without Steam. But, RCT3 Complete Edition boots without Steam. I wish someone could help me at least create a new account. I don't care if all the subscribed stuff is gone, I can resubscribe to stuff again and I can probably use my saved games with a new account. I'm essentially locked out of Steam and there seems to be no way to contact them. I'm also still on Win 8.1 and was aware of the cutoff date on Jan 1, 2014. I don't have Win 10 yet. I guess I'm going back to RCT3 for now until I can get this sorted out. RCT3 loads without Steam.

Edited by RobK1974

I fixed it, I logged into my cellular internet on my iphone and I managed to get past the reCaptcha to create a new account. For some reason, I was able to use my old email. But, I had to pay $64 and rebuy Planet Coaster to be able to load it with my new account, and all of my subscribed things are gone but I was able to move my saved parks and blueprints over.

I would still contact Steam support, explain what happened.  Your old account, games and subscribed items still exist, you just don't have access to them.  Steam Support should help you regain that, and they might even reverse the $64 you paid because you didn't let them help you.

I did contact them and they can't do anything about it, they won't refund me and games are not transferable to a new account. I have to protect my new account from being hacked again. Steam is treating me a s a brand new user. At least I have Planet Coaster back. Parkitect and RCT3 I can load without Steam but with Parkitect I would have to rebuy it for $25 in order to subscribe from the workshop. My computer and email was hacked and they are trying to change my email and password on various sites. They are requesting Shop verification codes to gain access to retail store sites to buy stuff but I removed my debit card off of every site and from my browser saved things. I had to complain to stores to get them to refund charges for expensive Sephora perfume and expensive shorts. They changed my mailing or billing address on retail store sites to addresses in different states. I have all my saved parks and blueprints back, but I'm going to have to start over with subscribing to things by others.

Edited by RobK1974

Yeah, I can understand why Steam won't help you after the fact. You already set up a new account, you already bought the game, so it's kind of too late now.  They might have been able to help regain access to your old account.  Anyways, make sure you have good anti-virus, and take steps to protect your accounts!  Best of luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I've got the same problem recently but i've got my Old Account back before ends of December 2023, you will have to explain anything what happend, some screenshots of the conversation with the hacker (if theres any), sending your old used email of your Old Steam Account to the support ticket & explaining what the hacker wants (if theres any).

• 1 month later...