Wheel Animation Tutorial by SLC

wolfpaw

Wheel Animation Tutorial by SLC

Info:

• Difficulty: Medium / Hard
  • Bone Knowledge

Open your Sketchup model. You need to separate every single wheel. Name the wheels by right-clicking the wheel and select: “Entity Info.” Give the wheels the name: Wheel01. Then the next wheel will be Wheel02 etc. Measure the size of your wheel by drawing for example a line that shows the radius. In the middle, you add a text point like this:

image.png

It needs to be exactly in the middle! If this is not done correct your wheels will do very weird in-game! Now change the text of the bone: ik_wheel01lt40.

Explanation:

• “ik_” ~ is standard.
  • “wheelXX” ~ this is the number of your wheel. If the bone is added to Wheel01 you need to rename the bone to: wheel01.
  • “lt” ~ this stands for the side and radius. You always need to leave the t. You need to change the l to side of your model. If the model is on the right it should be: rt. r = right, l = left
  •  “20” is the radius. If it’s right you measured the wheel radius. If my wheel is 40cm big, you need to have: “40”

Apply this to all of your wheels.

Now export to “*.ase” and open it in the importer. Set coordinate system to: “Right-Handed Z-Up”. Once you’re in the model window, press the “A” in the effects window. Then press “Add Missing Effect Bones”.

image.png

If it’s right you should see this:

image.png

Add textures to the model and press “Ok”. Convert it to an animated model by clicking the “->” arrow. Open it again.

image.png

1. Double click the bone.
  2. Slide down the “Assigned Meshes” box and select the right wheel (with right I mean: I used the bone ik_wheel01rt20 so the assigned mesh is “Wheel01”
  3. Once selected press the “+”

Go to the box “Position 1” and press on the “E”

image.png

1. Enter the value “270”
  2. Press “RotX”

Press “Ok.” Do this to every wheel once you’re done! Click “Ok” and a LOD by clicking the “+” in the LODs window.

I hope this tutorial helped!

Created by SLC. Superlegochannel 2013©

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really