Adele - Skyfall (Fountain/Water Show RCT3)

Dumaan089

That was beautifully done!! Your fountains move so elegantly, and the realistic setting was a very nice departure from the fantastical sets the bulk of us typically use. This show feels very "grounded" in reality. Don't be afraid to experiment with color more, though. Using various shades of oranges, pinks, and purples creates a more interesting color palette, like what you had going at 2:44. Red is stunning, but quickly loses its strength as a color when it is used so much throughout a show. 

Please continue to make shows! You've got the talent! 

• Thanks 1

kQngDQ2.png

Very VERY impressive show, especially for someone who is self-taught at choreography and the AFE and who has never been involved in a pyro community before! You have unbelievable potential!

There are a couple of basics on choreography that I can fill you in on to help improve your craft that I've learned over the years of making shows and being involved in the RCT3 pyro community:

• Colors Matter - The colors you use during your show are very important and can help evoke specific emotions you'd like your audience to feel. The norm of these color palettes can be found below but don't be afraid to mix and match! You don't have to follow these rules to a T, story and music are always king in your show and that is what you should always build your show around.
    • Reds/Oranges/Yellows - Climax, conflict, action sequences. This is usually the ultimate climax of your show and can often be paired with fire for even stronger sections. Though depending on what red is paired with, it can also show passion and love.
    • Blues/Greens/Purples - Softer sections, calm and buildups. These three colors all go well with each other and can be used when your music is building up or is very calm. Other more obvious things such as nature, healing, culture, etc can all be shown with these colors.
    • Whites - Resolution, finales, purity. Normally when something has been resolved in the music or story of your show, whites are your go-to.
  • Camera Movement - This one is more advanced and you can start easing your way into this but RCT3 has a flying camera editor so you can make nice sweeping shots of your show instead of just having a static camera. It adds so much to your show so feel free to start playing around with it! You can press CTRL + Shift + 0 in game to open up the FCR editor.
  • Syncing - Your sync was pretty spot on for this show but don't be afraid to add more effects! When the music swells really make that lagoon jump up and dance. The small ripple effects you had on the water were a very nice touch! Just be careful to not go overboard with effects - especially when it comes to fountains! Particles in RCT3 are additive meaning that if you layer on a lot of particles the result will just be a big white blob. Fountains use a lot of particles to make them look like streams so you can easily get that whiteout. That was not a problem in this show at all but just keep that in mind for future shows if you're wanting to add more effects.
  • Lighting - Your lighting in this show was pretty basic and resembled more of the realistic lighting that these shows use - which isn't a bad thing at all. Always remember you can do a lot with lighting in RCT3. Lasers can add so much to your show and you can place them pretty much anywhere you'd like and base aim them to do whatever you'd like. Having some flat lasers on the water line in this show wouldn't have been a bad idea to add.

These are just some basic examples of advice that I can give you for now! Like I said before, this show is a very very good show for someone who has been 100% self-taught. You have incredible potential and I can't wait to see what you do next and where your craft will go!

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

1 hour ago, wolfpaw said:

Very VERY impressive show, especially for someone who is self-taught at choreography and the AFE and who has never been involved in a pyro community before! You have unbelievable potential!

There are a couple of basics on choreography that I can fill you in on to help improve your craft that I've learned over the years of making shows and being involved in the RCT3 pyro community:

• Colors Matter - The colors you use during your show are very important and can help evoke specific emotions you'd like your audience to feel. The norm of these color palettes can be found below but don't be afraid to mix and match! You don't have to follow these rules to a T, story and music are always king in your show and that is what you should always build your show around.
    • Reds/Oranges/Yellows - Climax, conflict, action sequences. This is usually the ultimate climax of your show and can often be paired with fire for even stronger sections. Though depending on what red is paired with, it can also show passion and love.
    • Blues/Greens/Purples - Softer sections, calm and buildups. These three colors all go well with each other and can be used when your music is building up or is very calm. Other more obvious things such as nature, healing, culture, etc can all be shown with these colors.
    • Whites - Resolution, finales, purity. Normally when something has been resolved in the music or story of your show, whites are your go-to.
  • Camera Movement - This one is more advanced and you can start easing your way into this but RCT3 has a flying camera editor so you can make nice sweeping shots of your show instead of just having a static camera. It adds so much to your show so feel free to start playing around with it! You can press CTRL + Shift + 0 in game to open up the FCR editor.
  • Syncing - Your sync was pretty spot on for this show but don't be afraid to add more effects! When the music swells really make that lagoon jump up and dance. The small ripple effects you had on the water were a very nice touch! Just be careful to not go overboard with effects - especially when it comes to fountains! Particles in RCT3 are additive meaning that if you layer on a lot of particles the result will just be a big white blob. Fountains use a lot of particles to make them look like streams so you can easily get that whiteout. That was not a problem in this show at all but just keep that in mind for future shows if you're wanting to add more effects.
  • Lighting - Your lighting in this show was pretty basic and resembled more of the realistic lighting that these shows use - which isn't a bad thing at all. Always remember you can do a lot with lighting in RCT3. Lasers can add so much to your show and you can place them pretty much anywhere you'd like and base aim them to do whatever you'd like. Having some flat lasers on the water line in this show wouldn't have been a bad idea to add.

These are just some basic examples of advice that I can give you for now! Like I said before, this show is a very very good show for someone who has been 100% self-taught. You have incredible potential and I can't wait to see what you do next and where your craft will go!

Thank you SO MUCH for the advice, it really helps me since I'm not very good at doing my own choreography (I've always been about replicating real life shows in the game)

Colors are my weak point to be honest, but your advice will help me for my next show (which is already finished, but now I'm going to review it)

I really thought about using FCR, but I don't know if it's recorded in parts or if it's all in one take, I would need help with that

This is very helpful, thank you ❤️

Edited by Dumaan089

10 hours ago, Kablary said:

That was beautifully done!! Your fountains move so elegantly, and the realistic setting was a very nice departure from the fantastical sets the bulk of us typically use. This show feels very "grounded" in reality. Don't be afraid to experiment with color more, though. Using various shades of oranges, pinks, and purples creates a more interesting color palette, like what you had going at 2:44. Red is stunning, but quickly loses its strength as a color when it is used so much throughout a show. 

Please continue to make shows! You've got the talent! 

Thank you also for the advice. Thank you very much for the advice as it helps me advance in my shows ❤️

Wow. There are very few people in the entire world who have an RCT3 fireworks journey like yours, that's amazing!

The advice of @wolfpaw and @Kablary got you covered. With the FCR, I always record the show in segments and piece it together in a video editor. 

Looking forward to your progress and the next show!!

• Thanks 1

Previous alias "Sino"

Vimeo           Soundcloud          Spotify

53 minutes ago, Sinjon said:

Wow. There are very few people in the entire world who have an RCT3 fireworks journey like yours, that's amazing!

The advice of @wolfpaw and @Kablary got you covered. With the FCR, I always record the show in segments and piece it together in a video editor. 

Looking forward to your progress and the next show!!

In fact, a few hours ago I finished recording the second show with the FCR Editor, and the truth is that my shows recorded like this really feel different, most of the effects are noticeable and I am satisfied with the result of the camera (although at the beginning It seemed complicated to me but later I understood it)

I thought it was going to be very complicated to record this way, but it really became "easy" for me.

Next week the second show will come out, stay tuned!

• Like 1
  • Love 1