Park CleanUp 2 issues

I started to cleanup some of my recently found scenarios and parks with CS sets, and the only tool (besides Notepad++) to be of any use, as far as I know, is Park CleanUp 2. The version I have is the last version v2.0.0. Right away I started to get error messages I don't recall seeing before with previous installations.

I get two types of errors:

"OVL appears to be invalid: Could not open overlay : e:\rollercoaster tycoon® 3r"

and;

"OVL appears to be invalid: File EINVAL error : e:\rollercoaster tycoon® 3m"

All the other messages are just normal "OVL not found : style\themed\...." when CS set in question has not been installed.

-Anyone have a clue about the cause? Is this an issue with the GOG edition, corrupt .dat -file or CS set related issue, or could it be the install path/location causing issues, or is this about the missing CS - or the way sets are installed? All the CS sets I have currently installed, have been verified to be the newest versions available, and the CS objects themselves at least seem to work completely normally in-game.

My RCT3 Platinum installation is GOG edition (don't remember which version). I was running low in space on C:\Program Files (Windows XP 32-bit SP3), so I installed RCT3 instead on drive E:\ Works good, no issues starting or running the game, all is well and peeps are still barfing like there's no tomorrow.

Any and all help and information will be greatly appreciated! 🤗

"G** d***it! I would p**s on a spark plug, if it would do any good!"

-General Beringer in WarGames" (1983)-

I remember @Kablary was recently having issues with the Park Cleanup tool and after he reset the settings of the tool it ended up working for him. Have you tried that? It could be that you're housing files on multiple drives that is causing this issue?

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

vrTeY6e.png

Uninstall ParkCleanup2, then reinstall, then "reset all settings" and try to open your park file again. If the .dat file is too large (I was struggling with anything over 50,000kb), it might just not work. I hadn't run into the particular error codes you were getting. This may sound like a stupid question, but is everything RCT3 related (at least that works when the game is running) installed on the E drive?

For instance, did you accidentally set the path for ParkCleanup to anything on the C drive, when the game runs on the E drive? Or is there scenery, particles effects or park files still installed on the C drive that aren't on the E drive? Like I said, stupid questions, but I never claimed to be a genius 😆

kQngDQ2.png

35 minutes ago, Kablary said:

Uninstall ParkCleanup2, then reinstall, then "reset all settings" and try to open your park file again. If the .dat file is too large (I was struggling with anything over 50,000kb), it might just not work. I hadn't run into the particular error codes you were getting. This may sound like a stupid question, but is everything RCT3 related (at least that works when the game is running) installed on the E drive?

For instance, did you accidentally set the path for ParkCleanup to anything on the C drive, when the game runs on the E drive? Or is there scenery, particles effects or park files still installed on the C drive that aren't on the E drive? Like I said, stupid questions, but I never claimed to be a genius

This is all good info! I will certainly try the uninstall-reinstall method. In this case, only the game is installed on E:\ - with all the CS in where they should be, in style\themed - and all the park files are on normal location My Documents on C:\ drive. ParkCleanUp does have correct path according to the log, but this is actually something I need to test. And you could be correct that having the game on different drive, and not in default location under C:\ Program Files, might be the reason causing havoc - not forgetting that the last version of ParkCleanUp was released 2013. However.. I think there might be a cause-symptom related to some CS sets, which may be broken only for ParkCleanUp, since the error messages is only referencing three different CS sets. Curious though that by looking at the error message, it's impossible to tell which CS sets the app thinks are faulty, since the end part looks like it's corrupt... weird! Need to test a number of things. I think everyone in the community would benefit from this, IF I am be to determine the cause!  -I doubt that I would the only one having issues with ParkCleanUp - which is still without a doubt one of the most useful apps made for RCT3. I noticed today for the first time, that it also works for structures .dat files... I didn't know before that would work!!

Many thanks for the info! 🤓

Small update: i can confirm everything does completely work and function as it should in-game. Nor Sid -errors, no-nothing.. if I don't count the fact that for some unknown and weird reason, "Moby's Steel Jungle v1" appears twice on the CSO menu window.... what's going on in there?  Do i after all have a bad/corrupt CSO?

Anyhow... I discovered that I get those two error messages only if I tick "Do a deep Check" when i select and click from the drop-down menu "Create list of required custom content", under "Content requirements" tab.

If I untick the box, the error messages do not appear any longer, only when ticking the box again and doing a new search. Weird, huh? 🤯

8 hours ago, Traveller said:

Weird, huh?

Given A) the age of RCT3 and B) the age of ParkCleanup, none of that surprises me. 😆

8 hours ago, Traveller said:

"Moby's Steel Jungle v1" appears twice on the CSO menu window

I have several sets that do this. Can't name them off the top o' my noggin, but there are at least 3 or 4 across different categories (foliage, buildings, etc).

kQngDQ2.png