Water Slide Recreations

• 1 month later...

What I do know from personal experience, that creating 100% accurate water slides or water coasters is not easy thinking of all the limitations that RCT3 has, coupled with the fact that most of water rides would require heavy CS content and a lot of time to recreate. More simple the design, more easy it would be to create and build. But when the designs get more complex, achieving accuracy will fall almost always for making compromises, and as far as I know there aren't too many custom water tracks, which could make creating an accurate water ride/slide a bit more easier...

However I just saw something recently, that made me interested creating predominantly water themed park sometime in near future. I was visiting the website for Atlantis Paradise Island Waterpark in Nassau, The Bahamas. Check out this pic below. I think this is one of the coolest water slides I have ever seen. Near vertical long drop into small tube opening which will undoubtedly create a terrifying head chop-effect, then a long transparent tube under pool of water filled with sharks and finally plop out in a landing pool. The ride is called "Leap of Faith" and a near duplicate of this can also be found in Dubai. I think this would be entirely doable in RCT3, as the thrill of this ride is based on the themed structure and a very simple water slide parts. The pyramid has four slides in total.

If we think suitable CSO... Max's Old Pyramid, Temple of torment and few others are like made for this slide structure!

AtlantisWaterparkBahamaspic005.jpg.daabd25aac9588e9af5b2c39c6021da7.jpg

FInally, I think this entire themed water park could be an interesting project for someone.... Here's one aerial photo of the entire park:

AtlantisWaterparkBahamaspic001.jpg.1fa19cbcc18afd74cc2c4524f9ff574f.jpg

• Like 1

I've been to this park and on this water slide in Atlantis! I remember when I was little and went here I got all inspired to make a water park in RCT3 and as soon as I got home I tried making something... and immediately quit because it wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to 😅

• Like 1

there's this illusion of the reality, but it's not really really real, like it's beside and inside and inside and beside, but never on top.. nevermind, just kidding but not really

3 hours ago, wolfpaw said:

I've been to this park and on this water slide in Atlantis! I remember when I was little and went here I got all inspired to make a water park in RCT3 and as soon as I got home I tried making something... and immediately quit because it wasn't coming out the way I wanted it to 😅

I think this is commonly true for the most of us. We'd love to recreate parks close to use, or park parks we have visited. I have started in the past at least four or five parks really close to my heart, parks I have visited more times I can remember, but haven't been able to finish for pretty much the same reason you just mentioned. But this really is one thing where the limits of RCT3 start to make an impact. This Atlantis themed water park in its entirety would be super difficult to recreate accurately in RCT3. Planet Coaster would be the more appropriate choice, if one would want to create as accurate park as possible. But even then, making everything fit in scale, right size, dimensions, measurements - not to mention the overall look and feel - would still be extremely troublesome to achieve. I've seen some truly magnificent park recreations made for Planet Coaster. I've also seen some really superb park recreations made for RCT3, which just in itself is an accomplishment, when we do think of all the many, many limitations that RCT3 does have. And yet still I would prefer to work with RCT3, a 20+ year old game, which pales in graphic quality compared to Planet Coaster... but for me it's not just the eye candy and stunning graphics - there really is something magical and unexplainable how RCT3 keeps still attracting even new players, and how for me RCT3 is one of maybe only three or four games I keep going back to for many years after the games original release. Some games are just that good! 😉

• Love 1